The force moved away from Scotland Yard in 1890. In 1890, police headquarters moved to the new location, built on the Victoria Embankment, overlooking the River Thames, which was named New Scotland Yard. By this time, the Met had grown from its initial 1,000 officers to about 13,000 and needed more administrative staff and a bigger headquarters. Further increases in the size and responsibilities of the force required even more administrators, and in 1907 and 1940, New Scotland Yard was extended further. Stables for some of the Metropolitan Police Mounted Branch are still located at 7 Great Scotland Yard, across the street from the first headquarters. In 1967 New Scotland Yard moved to the present building at 10 Broadway which was an existing office block acquired under a long-term lease. The first New Scotland Yard is now called the Norman Shaw (North) building, part of which is used as the headquarters for the Met's Territorial Support Group.