I'm honoured and truly flattered
Whilst I like the idea of being Chief Whip
I'm afraid I'd much rather accept Krystal's
nomination of Transport Sec.
Here's my manifesto:-
1. Everyone is to re-take their driving test every ten years. If they fail, then further re-training must be carried out by a recognised driving instructor before re-test. Reverse parking will form part of the test as will high speed motorway driving.
2. Tail-gating will become an offence and cars can be fitted with speed/distance sensors in the rear bumper. Any driver tail-gating can then see a warning which will flash up in the rear windscreen of the car in front. Failure to heed the warning will result in two large stinkbombs being released and landing adhering themselves to the bonnet of the offending car.
3. Motorway cameras will detect middle lane hogs who will see a message on the next gantry with their name and registration number telling to MOVE OVER.
4. Road fund licences will be just that.
5. Speed cameras will cease to be cash machines and placed only where there is a proven accident black spot. Councils will cease to be in charge of where these are placed thus preventing the corruption of Councillors who all want one outside their houses.
6. Duty and VAT to be abolished on aviation fuel. This can be funded by Jayteeto's
new social security policies.
7. Public transport ... who cares
Let market forces work. Congestion charges to be abolished.
8. The practice of charging VAT on duty on fuel will be abolished.
9. All taxation raised from petrol duty will be used to fund research on cleaner fuels and more efficient engines thereby using an engineering solution to solve an engineering problem.
Any other suggestions will be considered.