Not commies, just ignoring the facts
1. Aviation accounts for just 1.6% of global CO2 emissions.
2. An old technology coal powered power station contributes the equivalent of 2,000,000 cars CO2 per annum. China is building two of this type of power station - every week. Thats over 200 million cars equivalent added by this time next year - and every year thereafter that the station runs..
3. If aviation stopped today - entirely - it would only be equivalent to a few weeks of US CO2 production, or China, who next year will be right up with the US in terms of emissions - and that assumes that no other inefficient mode of transport, like trucks and buses, takes over even part of the economic necessity of air transport.
4. Anti aviation protests just end up covering up the real task that we need to achieve - a global reduction in CO2 emissions, starting with industrial power, car / truck transport and domestic power.
5. Aviation has achieved substantial reductions in CO2 emissions in the last 30 years, and new technology has more to come. Welcome B787 and A350 whose emissions promise to be 50% lower per seat than their forebears. If industry and domestic emissions matched this, there would be no problem to face.
5. And if anyone doubts the connection between CO2 concentration and retained solar heat, spend 3 minutes watching this.
The problem is real, the solutions are there, the political will is not.
The protesters should be at Westmisnter and every other global Government seat, not on the runway.