Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Rumours & News
Reload this Page >

Very Cool new PPRuNe software

Wikiposts
Search
Rumours & News Reporting Points that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots.

Search this Thread

Old 31st Mar 2002, 09:39

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well at last here it is and very cool too.

Thanks Danny and crew will toast your health and wealth at the OZ PPRuNe Bash next week.
Old 31st Mar 2002, 10:11

Seems much faster than previously... however, the system does not let me log on properly or rather it allows me to log on but my name as seen on screen is my log in name rather than my chosen moniker!!
Old 31st Mar 2002, 10:25

New software

Looks good... well done.

however...

I use Netscape/W2K and the posts run to about 3 screens wide. Looks ok with IE tho'..

keep up the good work....

cheers
Old 31st Mar 2002, 10:27

Chief PPRuNe Pilot

Many thanks. It has been a marathon session to get everything transferred. Has taken almost 12 hours of continuous work and it is still not finished but is useable.

There are many new features with this software and I ask everyone to take a few minutes to read the Frequently Asked Questions to get some insight into how it all works. I will not be able to provide help by email so please don't write to me with questions at this stage.

If you use a signature in your profile then you may have to edit it as there was a small bug in the transfer script which didn't translate line breaks properly. Also, if you vae made a post it is most likely that the line breaks in it didn't translate properly but if you feel like it you can edit your own posts if you want.

For the time being anyone with Personal Titles will have to wait a few weeks until I finish some work before I can transfer them to thsi software but they will get here eventually.

Also, anyone who wants to access a private forum will have to wait a while as the moderators will have to be trained on how to set permissions to individuals. There will no longer be simple password access to private forums and users will have to be approved individually by the forum moderators. Please be patient as I am about to embark on a conversion course and once the pressures of that are over I will get around to putting the finishing touches to these forums.

Thanks for your patience
Old 31st Mar 2002, 10:37

Dany, well done.... just looking at your post for example, it seems that in Netscape each paragraph is a single line. Your last para is therefore about 4 screens wide - you must scroll sideways to read it. No doubt it is one of the glitches you mentioned.

cheers
Old 31st Mar 2002, 10:46

Do I reregister?

I do appreciate all the work that has gone into this, and that you have other commitments - perhaps someone else can help.
I am registered as a normal non - paying member. However the name that I used to appear under has disappeared to be replaced by my sign in name as used in logging on. All my previous posts now appear as above.
Can this be fixed?
Old 31st Mar 2002, 10:54

It look to be working ok
Old 31st Mar 2002, 11:10

Haven't isolated the Netscape problem yet. Pages are rendering OK in Explorer, Opera and Omniweb.
Old 31st Mar 2002, 11:21

Manchesters Most Wanted PPRuNer

Looks fantastic - thanks you very very much Danny and Co

One thing I've noticed - my number of posts had dramatically reduced - I was on well in excess of 400 pre-changeover. Just wondered if there was reason or whatever?

Cheers once again

Same problem as siwalker66 - very annoying, any fix?

PPRuNeaholic

Thumbs up This gets the humbs up from OzExpat!

Looks pretty cool so far. Well done Danny and Co! And glad ya didn't get too upset at my e-mail earlier today!
Old 31st Mar 2002, 11:28

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks quite OK in Netscape 6.2.2.
Old 31st Mar 2002, 11:30

SkyGod

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Same problem as NiteFlight:

My count is off a bit. Seem to be missing about 500 posts.

(Perhaps edited out for foul language? )
Old 31st Mar 2002, 11:41

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
new software

On another BB I use we recently had a software upgrade and the admin took the opportunity to clean up and dispose of disused threads; so we all dropped between 50 and 100 posts (at least those of us who had that many). That may be why. Perhaps some of the older topics have been transferred to the archive.

PS: first post!
Old 31st Mar 2002, 11:47

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts
Talking

Agreed - this looks really good. Thanks Danny and the team, no probs using IE5 and NTL Broadband. In fact page reload appears to be about 1 second!
Old 31st Mar 2002, 11:47
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Can someone please explain what all the . . in all the posts mean? Thanks Regards SOPS
Old 31st Mar 2002, 11:51

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Have just returned to Blighty after a wretchedly-awful itinerary to KIAD and back - to discover that PPRuNe has just had a software (and hardware) evolution. Thanks, Danny- this is excellent and your contribution to the exchange of information between aviation professionals is really outstanding!

It seems that these <br / things are the results of format incompatability or somesuch. Probably a temporary thing - but somewhat irksome. And by the way, what on Earth is 'vB Code'?

PS - Can you ditch the 'total posts' thing? It seems to be completely inaccurate and in any case isn't particularly relevant.

Last edited by BEagle; 31st Mar 2002 at 12:25.
Old 31st Mar 2002, 12:29

PPRuNeaholic

Unhappy

Yeah it's taken me a while to realise that my total post count is waaaay off the mark. Not that I really care, but I thought this info had been consigned to the user's profile?
Old 31st Mar 2002, 12:47

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
I'm sure 'Insert text with PHP syntax highlighting' or 'Enhanced mode: allows complex nesting of tags' means something to some people - is there an idiots' guide to this nerd-speak somewhere?

KISS!!

If this comes out strangely, it's [FONT=times new roman] because I'm having a play!!

KISS!!

Last edited by BEagle; 31st Mar 2002 at 12:59.
Old 31st Mar 2002, 12:51
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
All this new stuff has me very confused

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.