Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Rotorheads
Reload this Page >

low time help anyone?

Wikiposts
Search
Rotorheads A haven for helicopter professionals to discuss the things that affect them

low time help anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 22nd Apr 2004, 08:04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low time help anyone?

good mornin folks

As i have paid for and got 44 hrs on the old R22 and then run out of money with my aim still to get my CPLH are there any companies out there that still do sponsorships?
As you all can appreciate its quite a bit i have spent and am prepared to spend more but just havent got it or the ability to get it at the moment.

I know its a long shot but you dont find out if you dont ask do you?

cheers
mucky
Old 22nd Apr 2004, 08:41
kissmysquirrel

In a word......NOPE.
You won't get sponsorship with your hours or if you do you'll be the first in many years. Just have to sell the house/car/wife/grandparents like the rest of us who were unable to have her majesty pay for us. That is the other option of course. Join the forces?

Old 22nd Apr 2004, 11:19

am 36 so gues they wont take me any more, oh well
wife and kids for sale anyone?? wife has good chasis with not too many hours on, quite a stunner really
Old 22nd Apr 2004, 17:30

Can I put a bid in for the wife
360 hours IR twin rating FI R
O but skint
think she would go for it.
Free most of the time

I agree with you stick to a good wife and marriage and play at flying unless you have the readies

It looks a good job and boy it is but its a long lonely road and the pay at the start is not good and finding work well theres a story on its own.

Its not all black its good fun but if you have a good wife and you are short of the money stick at what you are good at keep here happy and play at flying its hard even when you get all the right ticks in the boxs and like flung dung broken marriage to prove it

Best of Luck

Regards
Bravo 99 (AJB)

Last edited by Bravo 99 (AJB); 22nd Apr 2004 at 17:56.
Old 22nd Apr 2004, 18:58

thanks guys, advice under consideration, but i guess you all know what its like to be at my stage with even the slightest glimmer of a chance at doing what youve grown to love,
Maybe ill keep the wife after all, shes quite a goodun and puts up with a lot already!!
BTW whoever is running the forum well done, Ive really enjoyed trawling through all the top photos that have been posted
Old 23rd Apr 2004, 12:43
kissmysquirrel

Talking

Bravo 99 (AJB)

You have a private message.

Old 23rd Apr 2004, 15:51

Hi K.M.S yep thanks. there is a reply in your box
call you on the land line asap

regards
Bravo 99 (AJB)
Old 23rd Apr 2004, 17:17

mucky,

the only company I am aware of that used to do sponsorships for helicopters was Bristows, but that was a few years ago.

Now I fear there are none. Compared to the huge infrastructure that most airlines have, few fling wing firms have the resources or finances to risk on training hopefuls up. Your best bet is either to heed the advice above and keep the hobby and the wife or find some way of raising the capital yourself.

The harsh reality is that unless you win the lottery or have a sugar daddy, the likes of you and I will have to do it the hard way paying for every step no matter how painful.

Sorry if I sound like the harbinger of doom, but I reckon I am just being practical and realistic.

Regards

Obs cop