Passengers & SLF (Self Loading Freight) If you are regularly a passenger on any airline then why not post your questions here?

Reclining seats !!!!

Old 30th Jun 2007, 11:29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reclining seats !!!!

Can somebody please tell me why they still put reclining seats on aircraft, almost every flight i get on usually leaves me with the back of someone elses head rest in my face for 4 hrs and me complaining !!!! im realy not a moaner but this is the only thing that ever winds me up
Old 30th Jun 2007, 14:04

You should tell the people, More importantly they should ASK?

Yes I agree Airlines should Not fit Reclining seats and Should Stop the Seat already in operation from reclining !
Old 30th Jun 2007, 19:41

At mealtimes I understand and would never put my seat back during the service.

The rest of the time...some of us who are 6ft 2 find that extra bit of recline adds to the comfort level....being upright for a 12 hour flight in economy is a wee bit much. Do I have to ask a person if his answer is going to create 12 hours of discomfort for me?

If someone reclines in front of you and you don't like it..not a lot you can do really. I consider it a right (except meals).
Old 1st Jul 2007, 04:29

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Market forces.
Since the advent of budget airlines, people have voted with their wallets. This has pretty much forced most other airlines to reduce seat space. Gone are the days where a 36" seat pitch was normal.
Don't like it, complain to the airline. Or purchase an upgrade to business class.
But if I'm in front of you, reclining my seat, I'd rather you didn't complain to me.
You could try choosing an airline with more seat room. Ask at booking time what the seat pitch is.
Old 1st Jul 2007, 04:49
The Cooler King

I have never had this problem.
The guy in front of me reclined his seat into a fully lie-flat bed on my last flight - I didn't find it a problem.

In fact, I was still able to get up and walk to the cocktail bar without disturbing him.

Economy.... is that the place in the back of the plane where all the 'dirty' people go?
Old 1st Jul 2007, 09:51
ZFT
N4790P

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
No, probably pax paying with their own money!!!
Old 1st Jul 2007, 19:19

reclining seats....

The most anoying thing about reclining seats from a cabin crew point of view is when someone complains about the seat infront being reclined and ask us to ask them to put it forward only to find that the person complaining also has THEIR seat reclined as well
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 08:04

Anybody recling their seat ,usaully finds my knee sticking in their back or i wait till there asleep ... and then ill mess with the table ....agree with previous post remove reclining seats... or like everything else ...pay extra for them!!!!
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 08:17

On longhaul flights no way will recline be removed...come on, thats just daft!

You have a choice! If the person in front reclines their seat....then you do the same!!! But be adult about it and dont go moaning about it to the crew because there is nothing they can do. At the end of the day seat recline is provided in the seats and every passenger who has purchased a seat has every right to use the recline. Requests can be made during meal times but after that its up to you how to react!
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 09:02
Paid...Persona Grata

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
But why is it that when the pax in front of you has his seat reclined fully the whole ten hours or whatever - the one in front of HIM stays upright all the time???

UFO
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 21:23

Markjoy says "But if I'm in front of you, reclining my seat, I'd rather you didn't complain to me."

Sorry mate if your in front of me your seat won't recline. My knees will stop it as they are wedged against your backrest. It has worked on the last 20 trips to and from Australia. I can't help my long legs. I never recline my seat as I find it a most uncomfortable position to be in.
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 21:49

I wonder if there's an argument for those who are either physically unable, or too stubborn, to allow the passenger in the seat ahead of them to recline to be forced to buy a premium economy ticket to give them more room.
Old 2nd Jul 2007, 22:35

Not stubborn in my case as I find it impossible to sit sideways both of my legs in the aisle.

Surely airlines should give pax on long distance flights some consideration. I know its a case of getting as many bums on seats as possible but a 34" seat pitch is far too small. The difference between cattle class at £930 and business at around £2,000 is a lot especially when two are travelling.

Short hops of about three hours can be tolerated but U.K to Oz is a bit different.
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 05:46
Final 3 Greens

I wonder if there's an argument for those who are either physically unable, or too stubborn, to allow the passenger in the seat ahead of them to recline to be forced to buy a premium economy ticket to give them more room.

Definitely.

Old 3rd Jul 2007, 08:04

Hopefully not taken as advertising but this is the future in long haul seat design - the sooner it gets rolled out to all airlines the better!

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...eweconomyclass

You can recline the seat but it doesn't decrease the space of the people behind you; only your own legroom!
Old 3rd Jul 2007, 12:05

Just had a look at the Cathay design....surely that just means that the 'shell' of the seat back is in the recline position already?
Old 4th Jul 2007, 09:59

I don't think so; it looks to me like the way it reclines is the seat base slides forward and the seat back goes down. Giving you a reclining seat but with less legroom for you rather than the person behind you.
Old 4th Jul 2007, 10:10
Final 3 Greens

...Giving you a reclining seat but with less legroom for you rather than the person behind you.....

and blocking aisle access to/from seats A,B and E, F.

Also, does Cathay have such a generous seat pitch as the photos suggest?

Old 4th Jul 2007, 16:01

Lancelot37,

Sorry mate if your in front of me your seat won't recline. My knees will stop it as they are wedged against your backrest. It has worked on the last 20 trips to and from Australia. I can't help my long legs. I never recline my seat as I find it a most uncomfortable position to be in.
Thanks for reminding me why I pay the extra to travel up the front, even with my own money. The thought of spending 12 hours in close proximity to you really doesn't appeal.

Unbelievable.
Old 4th Jul 2007, 16:05

Oh I'm afraid it is absolutely believable - and he's not alone. This kind of behaviour seems to be viewed as acceptable these days -we had other words for it in days gone by...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.