Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc.
Reload this Page >

looking for info on Tag aviation

Wikiposts
Search
Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

Search this Thread

Old 18th Jun 2007, 20:46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am looking for a change of direction, currently a skipper on Airbus, its a bit boring and I am looking for a bit more variety, I was told that TAG were good to work for, I would like info on pay, T&C's and most importantly, lifestyle. I would be very appreciative of any info/ feedback. cheers
Old 19th Jun 2007, 08:03
Flintstone

Something of a piece of string question really as deals differ slightly from aircraft to aircraft (different owners). Rosters vary also, mine is nominally week on/week off.

What I can say is that dealing with the company is a pleasure. Very nice people, everyone treats everyone else with respect without any of the 'can't be arsed' attitude I've experienced elsewhere. Stress free.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like a chat.

Old 19th Jun 2007, 12:10

very good operation, but varied fleet and large volume of flying means changes to flight itineraries can be frequent. This is the extreme and fluid end of GA, you will certainly find variety.....if you really want that? bye bye social life, welcome to GA.
Old 19th Jun 2007, 13:22

Flinstone statement sums it up.

Very nice company to work for, but be aware that it's not an airline and rostering depends on the aircraft you're on (most TAG aircraft are under management so it's a mixture of private and commercial operations).
Old 19th Jun 2007, 15:07
Flintstone

bye bye social life
Not necessarily. Depends on your arrangement.

Mine's fine.

Old 19th Jun 2007, 15:18

yes indeed
i was just pointing out to our airbus friend that the upside is that GA is less boring but there can also be a degree of 'flexibility' required he may not be used to if he has an airline background.

especially with the 'private' ops as mentioned by another respondent above. unless you always work to the FLight Time Limitations on private ops too?
Old 20th Jun 2007, 19:21
Flintstone

As far as I am aware all aircraft on the TAG AOC adhere to the appropriate FTL. We certainly do on our aircraft.

Old 20th Jun 2007, 22:18

hey guys,

where to apply? any contact? are they hiring direct entry captain on the falcon2000?
thanks

biz
Old 20th Jun 2007, 23:19
Flintstone

Hi Biz.

Best thing to do is apply on line. You should apply seperately to Farnborough and Geneva though, they each manage aircraft at a number of bases.

Good luck.

Old 21st Jun 2007, 08:08

Hi Flintstone,
I am on Moscow based a/c ,we do not observe FTL's as all flying is private,that said unreasonabe demands by the owner are refused by Tag Management.
Old 21st Jun 2007, 08:23
Flintstone

Hi Saffron.

I'd heard something along those lines. There are quite a few aircraft that are solely private ops and TAG scrutinise requests quite closely.

Which is nice