Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

Trying To Get Home

Wikiposts
Search
Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

Trying To Get Home

Search this Thread

Old 22nd Dec 2006, 12:23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying To Get Home

Anybody got any news about what is happening in order to get us back from MPA?
The rumour control down here is terrible so I thought that pprune might be able to help!
Cheers

Edited because written under the influence of livers in xmas fancy dress party which was excellent by the way.

Last edited by bayete; 22nd Dec 2006 at 17:42. Reason: sp
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 12:34

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Current Brize TAF is:

EGVN 221031Z 221212 VRB02KT 0300 FZFG PROB30 TEMPO 1216 0800 FG BKN002 PROB30 TEMPO 0912 1500 BR BKN003

The BBC have (literally) just said that tomorrow is looking better from mid-day onwards....

I hope that you can escape from MPA soon - best wishes to you all.

Latest Brize TAF:

EGVN 221331Z 221515 VRB02KT 0300 FZFG VV/// PROB30 TEMPO 0915 1500 BR BKN003

Prestwick looks OK though.

Last edited by BEagle; 22nd Dec 2006 at 12:44. Reason: 1500 TAF
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 12:50

Heard that 2Gp trying to get a timmy down there asap, however, said jet isnt at brize and is in the wrong config for pax (frt role, no seats)!

Obviously, the jet needs to get to Brize to get re-roled before it can make it southbound.

Severe lack of noise over the last few days would indicate that jets/crews etc are scattered everywhere, with the ensuing carnage that produces.

The rumour I've heard is that our friends in the Muppett world have yet again dinked the 747 at MPA? Any truth in this???????

Cheers!
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 15:15

Out of Manchester it is then....it is filling up with mil types at the moment.
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 15:38

No the Movers at MPA have not Dinked the 747 as it is not even here.
Just been tannoyed Down Here 747 Still Fooked next update 1000 FI time tomorrow.

Rumours are rife about a timmy but that'll never happen although I have heard the disscussions are in progress to hitch a lift with santa when he passes throught this way.

Ah well sh1t happens I'll be home soon enough
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 16:14

Originally Posted by Lord Elpus

The rumour I've heard is that our friends in the Muppett world have yet again dinked the 747 at MPA? Any truth in this???????

Cheers!
The rumour I have heard is that the Muppett world are responsible for the fog!!
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 17:49

Location: with the magical bunnies of the sandy jellygum tree forest - yay!!
Yep, I've just heard Timmy is going to save the day. Though keep it under your hats, as soon as the muppets find out about this plan, they'll be aiming their steps at the Tristar's wings/doors/pitots!
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 17:52

Latest News

231600z MAN ASI 240200z
241600z ASI MPN242359z
251400z MPN ASI 252130z
261130z ASI BZZ 262000z
So its Xmas in the terminal at MPA... nice.
But a big thanks to all the people who will have to do extra work over the period getting everyone home.
Big up the Timmy crew who are ruining their Christmas in order to get others back soonest.
Anybody know why a civvycharter could not be found?
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 17:58

Yes, have to agree Bayette, it is the 'little' things and tasks that are really appreciated by those who utilise them, but go unnoticed.
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 19:09

Getting You Home

As one of those coming to get you, thanks for your thoughtful comments Bayete. We have taken a lot of stick this year for delays and cancellations beyond our contol, but as usual its the man on the coal face who gets it in the neck. Its nice to know that someone appreciates our efforts. See you on Christmas Day YO HO HO. Thanks for my itinerary now off to pack
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 19:49

Well done but why........

You will not ever hear me repeat this but well done Timmy and the boys. However, I have to ask, 'what the F##K is going on?'. What other company would fork out millions on a contract, then, when the beneficiary to the millions cocks up and buggers their jet, the onus to get the job done falls back on to the one paying out the money??
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 20:03

Rumour has that the muppets have driven some equipment in to the side of the 747 at Brize.........again!
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 20:11

Many Thanks

Originally Posted by Pstrop
As one of those coming to get you, thanks for your thoughtful comments Bayete. We have taken a lot of stick this year for delays and cancellations beyond our contol, but as usual its the man on the coal face who gets it in the neck. Its nice to know that someone appreciates our efforts. See you on Christmas Day YO HO HO. Thanks for my itinerary now off to pack
As one of those you are coming to Get, Can I say Many Many thanks.
Also thanks to all those who are being Messed around to load, re-role, service, unload, etc.

Mind you Xmas Day in Azzi Where can you see the Turtles?

Rumours Down Here in FI are a nose wheel steering problem Either on taxi or As it began to trundle down the runway (depending on who you talk to) Then further to that when Part arrives Its the wrong one or mod state. Again all rumours.
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 20:12

Originally Posted by Phil Terfull
Rumour has that the muppets have driven some equipment in to the side of the 747 at Brize.........again!
Not sure that is true, we were holding over Brize yesterday trying to get in through the fog but were held off when the R/W went BLACK due to the 747 undercarraige being busted on the threshold??
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 20:13

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
That rumour has already been circulated and deemed false, oh course don't let me stand in the way of some muppet bashing.

(Aimed at Phil Terfull BTW)
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 20:22

Angel

>Rumour has that the muppets have driven some equipment in to the side of the 747 at Brize.........again!

>That rumour has already been circulated and deemed false...

Technically true...but what about asking if the aircraft was moved somehow in to the movs equipment instead?
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 20:51

Sounds like 2' 6" are doing a grand job so close to the 'holidays'. In another part of the world they are dragging a jet with limited fuel capacity around to take some mates back home.

Unfortunately, however, they may need some crew rest before they fly home. Good news, however again, is that OC mates has kindly offered his pilots to fly Timmy so the crew can all jump in the back and dead-head.

"Ascot Ops on the line for you sir..."
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 21:22

Yo Ho Ho....... No No No......!!

A friend of mine trying to indulge down to MPA got kicked off this morning. Had been at BZN for 2 days with his family and gave up this morning. Rumour has it that first it was the fog then the pallets came from Heathrow all the wrong size and had to be stripped down and rebuilt then the nose wheel went belly up then one of the civvy MT drivers realised it is a couple of months since the 747 had been damaged and dinked the side of it with the steps. You couldn't make a story like that up. Rumour also has it that something (Santa/747/Tristar/Magic Carpet/ship) will be on its way tomorrow sometime but will have to night stop in ASI and MPA and will be back in blighty in time for a cold turkey sandwich some time around the 27 Dec.

My mate tells me that they were treated reasonably well at BZN (probably because the Gateway is shut so they stayed in a hotel where they actually care about the guests) but were fed the usual mushroom diet of information. He also tells me that there were loads of kids there trying to get to see their parents at MPA and families and paying passengers none of whom were too happy with the situation or the treatment.

Unfortunately this is not an isolated incident not a month goes by without the airbridge going u/s a few times or there is no mail for a couple of flights or no fruit and veg. Most of the explanations for these incidents are rubbish and make the Keystone Cops look professional. But everything must be OK in the South Atlantic, same as elsewhere, because I read it the RAF News last week. OC Ops at BZN said so.........!!

Once again cheers to the boys who are on their way it might screw up their Christmas but it will make a whole load of other people happy.
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 21:53

Trying to get you home

Just about to leave home to get transport to Manchester - interested to know Scribble Dee when and how you heard that the crew wouldn't be back in Blightly till the 27th?
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 16:24

Merry Christmas to all at MPA

Tremblers boys trying to get home today - Gutted for you!

My fave quote on the 1435 Flt corridoor.

"Send this place back to the sea"

Probably couldnt happen soon enough for you boys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.