Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

CTC Social Thread

Old 17th Nov 2006, 16:30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC Social Thread

Thread for social only. Find out who is on your phase here, NOT in the other thread...
Old 17th Nov 2006, 19:19

Evening all!!!!!!!!

Hey guys/girls

Im on CP42 short course leaving for sunny NZ on the 22nd Nov - haven't even started to think about packing yet! haha

Whilst Im here, how are you guys getting on out there? How many hours do CP42 have as Im the only person coming out on the short course - very lonely flight for the 23 hours or whatever the sadists want me to do in rudder class. Still the happiest sod alive though after failing initially

I have followed these CTC threads for some time and they always go down the same road and Scroggs will close it. The same is happening on the new CTC thread at the moment. Can I suggest that if this is specifically for the CTC cadets then we move it to OUR forum? That way we get people involved over there as it is pretty stagnant at the moment.

Link here ---> http://www.ctcaviation.com/wings/for...s/yabb/YaBB.pl

See YA'll on Wednesday - P.s can someone pick me up as I think a minibus will be overkill for little ol' me

The Reverand

Last edited by Reverand Lovejoy; 17th Nov 2006 at 19:21. Reason: Cant spell
Old 17th Nov 2006, 20:22

CTC phase 2 today!(Friday 17th November)

Hi all
Just sitting here waiting to get my result of assesment today at CTC in Bournemouth?
Times ticking on now(21:20) and I expected to get the result of the day around 6-7ish.
Has anyone else that was there today heard anything yet??

Good Luck

Last edited by ramshorn; 17th Nov 2006 at 22:42.
Old 17th Nov 2006, 21:33

Hi,

Yes I was there just got my email - through to stage 3 but got to wait until late Jan for next bit!

Tricky test wasn't it?!
Old 17th Nov 2006, 22:11

Rev... I can quite assure you that it is anything BUT sunny out here at the moment!
Old 17th Nov 2006, 22:38

Congratulations!

Hi Dude!
Have just got my e mail back telling me that I was not successfull. What a ****ter! Anyway better get on with some more applications!(and swat up on long division/multiplication with decimal points!)
Well done and best of luck with the next stages.

PS Whats your real name and did I meet you earlier? I was the tall bloke with the blue shirt.
Old 17th Nov 2006, 23:43

Bad luck Ramshorn,

Hmm blue shirt... could have been a few people. Pm or Am group?
Old 18th Nov 2006, 00:19

Hi-im on CP44 heading off 5Dec.
I definaty agree that we should move this onto the CTC forum. Not muc is really going on there for new starters and it would be good to get it moving, as im sure this thread has only a limited amount of time before it gets closed down.

But maybe this thread on pprune will help to keep the other CTC thread more relevant to "facts"; After all the last thread was closed because it was becoming too social.

And it seems that no matter how much the moderators try to reduce the CTC threads and content, the CTC programme is extreemly popular for "wannabees"

SIdent.
Old 18th Nov 2006, 08:08

Originally Posted by squawkident.
After all the last thread was closed because it was becoming too social.
No, it wasn't. It was closed because it was too big at 1500+ posts. However, most of those posts added nothing whatsoever to a Wannabe's knowledge of CTC as they were trivia about which intake a member was on, or what pub they'd be in, or whether their mummy had given them peanut butter or cheese and pickle andwiches today.

I hope that the CTC Wings thread (V2) might be somewhat more useful. You can keep this one for your social trivia, but I agree that this sort of stuff ought to go to CTC's own forum - or, even better, to PM, email, or txt.

Scroggs
Old 19th Nov 2006, 15:32

Scroggs me old,
It is virtually impossible to make initial contact with those going to on the same phase as you unless you make a post to say 'I'm on phase 3 (insert date)'. We aren't mind readers so PM only without this fucntion is useless. I can understand that it does clutter the forum and detract - especially when a lot people post niff naff and triv, but why should we have to use two forums when I'm sure most would rather stick with the better, more used one of the two? If you are unhappy with this then the only thing I can suggest is make a hotmail account and use the calender feature using Prpune names so then we can establish who is on what when without the posts on the forum and use PM only. I understand your point of view as Im sure most people do....

*Just posting a view point*
Old 19th Nov 2006, 17:15

Ok well since this thread is all legit "Who's gonna be on CP44"???

Not long to go now till Meet&Greet. Is anybody staying overnight on wednesday before hand. If so let me know. Im not entireley too sure myself yet.

See you soon

SIdent.
Old 20th Nov 2006, 00:02

Ramshorn... a quick belated note in your direction.

Just wanted to say that I admire your attitude and good on you. Very refreshing to hear an honest no winging post having received bad news. I wish that I was a recruiter because you would have got my vote for a throw of the dice just based on your attitude in that post. For what it is worth from a guy who battled almost 20 years to get a seat, I suspect that if you continue in that vein, your time will come soon enough.

I can assure you from personal experience, when it comes too easy, the feeling is nowhere near as satisfying as when you had to battle a little.

Just had to mention it and good luck.

Harves
Old 20th Nov 2006, 11:03

Phase 3 22 Nov

Ah, found the correct place to post!

Anyone out there going down on 22nd? If so get in touch, we can have a chat and scare ourselves senseles at the daunting prospect of the interview!

Cheers.
Old 20th Nov 2006, 11:17

At phase 3 is it mainly the people from your phase 2 that passed the pilapt/math test? or are there new people too?
Old 20th Nov 2006, 12:58

The problem with moving this to the CTC forum as suggested in a couple of posts is that only people who have successfully passed selection can actually access that forum... so whilst it's fine for the "who is on CPXX" type threads, it is of no use to those undergoing selection.

Me, not long now!
Old 20th Nov 2006, 14:11

Originally Posted by Rj111
At phase 3 is it mainly the people from your phase 2 that passed the pilapt/math test? or are there new people too?
It was a bit of a mix for me, recognised some people from phase 2 but there were a few new faces. Same with phase 4.
Old 20th Nov 2006, 14:22

ME!!! I'll be heading down on the 29th, need to go see HSBC. Less than a week and a half! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Big A/C
Old 20th Nov 2006, 17:53

I got an email today from CTC to say that my application has been accepted but I'm not allowed to progress to Stage 2 until May because I'm at uni and don't graduate until June. So annoying, I wanted to go through with the selection process now and have a yes or a no from CTC before I graduated.
Old 20th Nov 2006, 21:21

CTC Application Advice

Hi everyone,
I'm in the same position as Potential in the sense that I am in my final year at uni and don't finish untill June 2007, and I have passed the 1st application stage and am awaiting an invite for the assessment day. In an ideal world it would be nice to have a place sorted out now, so at least we have an idea of where we will be once we graduate.
In terms of the assessment day, I have read about the various Pilapt tests that they put you through, however I'm not too clued up as to the sort of interview questions that they are likely to ask:
- Is it competency based such as Leadership, teamwork...etc?
- Or do they ask scenario type questions ie the 'What do you do if you spot a bottle of Vodka next to the Cpt?'

I'm also a tad worried at the fact that I haven't had any flying experience, and although there is a University Air Squadron at my Uni, I was not part of it as it appeared from discussions with members of the squadron that it groomed future pilots for the RAF, rather than the airline industry.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 21st Nov 2006, 16:34

Anyone got Phase 4 on the 30th November?

JayB I suggest if youre looking for information on the CTC application process you try the CTC Wings Thread (the Pt2 has links straight to the useful info). As for no flying experience, it wont stop you being selected but at the same time they will question you on it and want to hear clearly why you want to be a pilot without having ever taken a lesson. The same goes for not joining the UAS - my reason was when I joined uni I hadnt made the decision to be a pilot and I filled my time with other committments such as sport and music. So long as you fully understand your reasons and are 100% committed those two things shouldnt stop you progressing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.