Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Nordic Forum
Reload this Page >

New job in Norway - What about Tax?

Wikiposts
Search
Nordic Forum It smells a bit of snow and ice and big hairy vikings chasing lusty maidens around after lots of mjød and loud partying. Forum languages are Svenska, Dansk, Norsk & English.

New job in Norway - What about Tax?

Search this Thread

Old 2nd Nov 2006, 11:34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New job in Norway - What about Tax?

I have just "landed" a job in Norway. I am going to commute to Oslo from Stockholm where I live. My questions are:

How am I going to do with paying taxes? Will I save more money by paying tax in Norway or back home in Sweden?
Also, what about house loans, can I still deduct the intrests that I am paying, in Sweden, if paying tax in Norway.

Anybody in the same situation with some answers and maybe some more information and tips?
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 12:56

It's my understanding that you'll pay tax where you earn your money, which in your case will be Norway. That's an EU law, but then again Norway is not in the EU. As for deducting interests for a house in Sweden on a salary taxed in Norway .... interesting! Suggest you contact a certified bean counter

And congratulations landing the job
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 14:53

good luck!

http://www.nordisketax.net/

according to nordic tax agreement 15.4 you shall tax to Sweden if flights are international.

according to EEC agreements social security contributions shall be paid to Norway.

You may ask FFU in Norway for assistance (Folketrygdkontoret for Utland) as well as SFU ( Tax office for foreign affairs.)

Ove.
Old 5th Nov 2006, 04:26

Olmen,

I suggest you get yourself a diomicile outside, and far away from the Scandi countries

Ove RT is correct about inside and outside EU, and Flippy (I do not know where he picked it up) is right about deducting money from you tax return if you own and pay for property in Norway
Old 27th Nov 2006, 17:09

Taxes Vs Interest

I have the same problem, and haven´t been able to get a straight and forward answer from either "likningskontoret" in Norway, or the super competent people from the Swedish tax society, also called Skattemyndigheterna.

If You don´t have an income in Sweden, You can´t deduct interest rates on Your house in Sweden, according to Skattemyndigheterna.

If You have your economical interest´s in Sweden, You are not eligible to deduct interest rates from Your house in Sweden, when you are doing your tax-declaration in Norway, according to "Likningskontoret".

Thus, it doesn´t help You to have an apartment in Norway, and a house in Sweden, since you are still being considered a "Swede" in an economical sense here in Norway.

I would like to know if anyone have a solution to this implicated problem, since it is very disturbing, and financially troublesome.
Old 11th Dec 2006, 10:56

Can any Netjet pilots living in Norway PM me please!
Old 11th Dec 2006, 18:22

Deduct for two houses.

Have you thougt about dubbelt beende avdrag? Set fungerar så att om du hyar adress i Sverige och ej vill sælga den samtidigt som du bor och betalar hyra i Norge så ær du berættigad till 170 nok avdrag per dag! Jag och två andra jag kænner ær i den situationen just nu. Vi tænker æven gøra avdrag før pendling med bil nær skatteblanketten kommer ut. If you would like to know more just ask the skattemyndigheten but you might have to call them and book an appoitment with a taxadviser that deals with Norway-Sweden issues.

Hoppas det hjælper och lycka till på jobbet!
Old 11th Jan 2007, 11:11

Crossing the Nordic borders in terms of where you live, work, and where your employers is based, is not so simple.

It may look good from the start, but you may end up paying partially double tax. I know some who have ended up with huge tax bills from years back, and their employers not even willing to spend one minute to give corect info.

Also you may find yourself without some important social coverage like for sickness or unemployment.

Last edited by CSI Oslo; 11th Jan 2007 at 20:00. Reason: Forgot something