Wikiposts
Search
Freight Dogs Finally a forum for those midnight prowler types who utilise the unglamorous parts of airports that many of us never get to see. Freight Dogs is for pilots and crew who operate mostly without SLF.

Cargo 360

Search this Thread

Old 2nd Jun 2006, 07:53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Cargo 360

Does anyone have any info for the interview process or how much the pilots at cargo 360 gets paid. Got an interview next week and would appreciate any info......Thanks to all who respnd HDriver
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 13:42

Cargo 360 is being run by a few former Delta people. Some retired Delta pilots have gone there, probably with better employment conditions than is being offered to "applicants." At least this bottom feeder pays you while in training, unlike Southern Air. But this training bond thing make it very risky.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthr...t=65773&page=3

Quote from a poster on flightinfo.com:

"$2000/month until completion of IOE, then 67.50/hour with a 60 hour guarantee. It is now 325 for the drug test paid for by the applicant. The biggest kicker is the training contract. If your employment is terminated (which according to their conditional offer of employment can happen at any time, and for any reason, without explanation) you still owe the training bond. Even if the company were to go out of business, you would still owe the training bond, according to their administrative people.

I wouldn't work their unless you were really hard up for a job."
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 14:41

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadtrip
. Some retired Delta pilots have gone there, probably with better employment conditions than is being offered to "applicants."
Has this been verified ?
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 17:01

Thanks

Originally Posted by bafanguy
Has this been verified ?
Thanks for the info...I appreciate it from both of you HDriver
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 17:28

Originally Posted by HDriver
Thanks for the info...I appreciate it from both of you HDriver
I don't have any personal contact with this company but would be surprised if retired DL guys were given a different deal that others. Anything is possible, but I'd like to see the verification.

There has been a good bit of discussion about the company over on www.flightinfo.com in the "Hangar" section if you haven't look there yet.

Wish I could offer more info.
Old 3rd Jun 2006, 22:24

Sounds like a good deal!
Lets all pay for our interview tickets.
Then lets pay for the sim check, drug test along with hotel costs during this process, to include training.
The backgound check if they talked to my ex wife and charged by the hour could result in quite a bill.
But they would probably leave early due to boredom, same as me.
Then we accept training pay of 10-50 USD a day.
We could eat breakfast and lunch at Burger King for around 10 USD a day.
Then stand there while ordering and wonder how much salary do these people really make and wondering do people like this live longer than us, no stress, constant steady paychecks job security, etc.
Maybe we can all pay to fly, like a ride at disneyworld.
Whats this industry going to?
Is there that many rated 747 experienced crews out there, out of work that will accept this?
Or the ones wanting to build time that a company would sacrifice experience for money.Nothing against the new guys but cutting expenses is getting to be a little bit extreme, and using this lie for an excuse is even worse.
I love flying , I hope things turn back around.
I guess we are our own worst enemy.
Someone said recently that pilots could not stand together if they stacked us in a box.
I hope this is not true.

Last edited by Earl; 3rd Jun 2006 at 23:16.
Old 4th Jun 2006, 00:32

Originally Posted by Earl
Is there that many rated 747 experienced crews out there, out of work that will accept this?
Well, that is THE question, isn't it ?

The people running this company are really good guys. I know them by reputation...and it's all good.

But, insert any airplane type you can think of....in refererence to any company you can think of...and ask the same question.

It would appear that the answer is "...yes...".
Old 4th Jun 2006, 04:06

Originally Posted by bafanguy
Has this been verified ?
Of course not - because it's not true.

Last edited by 747Flyer; 4th Jun 2006 at 22:53.
Old 4th Jun 2006, 14:43

Yes, quite a few ex-DAL guys, in fact their chief Flight Engineer, a good friend of mine, is ex-DAL.

These folks appear to have a good business plan, best of luck to 'em.
They should do OK.

Also, regarding possible bonding, regardless of the bond signed, in the USA it is usually not enforceable in the courts in the event of furlough/terminatiuon, except for cause, except under very rare circumstances.
Now, if a guy was to 'run away' then absolutely enforceable, and the company would be quite justified in doing so.
Old 6th Jun 2006, 00:10

Originally Posted by HitList
...and Cargo360 collects upfront the bond,regardless,and then is between
you and the bonding company...
I am not sure I understand, are you saying they collect the training bond up front?
Old 6th Jun 2006, 08:10

Hmmm, most unusual.
Old 6th Jun 2006, 14:15

Whether these guys are good guys or not is not the point. They are a scumbag operation if they are asking you to pay for your drug test and background testing. This points to several bad things. One, they are not funded very well if spending $40 on a drug test, and perhaps another $25 in requesting background checks is causing financial problems for them. Two, it is very clear that they are making money off of each candidate in requesting the $325 considering it cost less than $75 to do drug and background checks. Three if they are in a cash crunch, where else are they pinching pennies, perhaps maintenance, etc. who knows. Then to top it off they have a bond that is due even if your are furloughed, is unbelievable.
I would steer clear of any operation like this, but I trust they will get pilots, as pilots will sell their mothers to fly. Another bad move for aviation in the US.

Xtwapilot
Old 6th Jun 2006, 22:39

A few years back when they were getting started, they wanted interested pilots to complete an application in the blind, via the internt, without information about the airline. Better yet, inquiries were met with immediate termination for consideration for employment with Cargo 360.

I don't care how wonderful or talanted the management is... even if they are retired DAL pilots... you don't ever... ever give your SSN to anyone... especially to a company that has no credit rating... a company that refuses to provide any answers via E-Mail, phone, or otherwise.

After all, the management of ENRON was very talanted too... weren't they?
Old 8th Jun 2006, 00:33

We had a a few early retired DAL Capt. with AAI when I was there.
One did not even draw his salary for one year.
Told the company to just bank it for him.
Some of us are not in that position and only hopes of being there one day.
Nothing against this company but crews should proceed with caution.
Your SSN which is also your FAA license number along with your Active/Retired military ID is pretty much public information now even though it should not be.
Somehow the privacy act of 1974 does not apply here or is missed.
I cannot remember the number of times I had to sign a form in the military concerning this.
Now its as if it does not matter.
When applying for a job all of this information is requested along with many times a passport copy.
Identity theft is on the rise and a phone call as to a companies legitimacy and to ensure they received the information via fax e mail etc. is expected.
Especially with a start up that does not want phone calls.
Then with the costs of the drug test and background checks being a little excessive and expecting the not yet hired crewmember to pay is a good reason to be cautious.
Old 8th Jun 2006, 04:10

We had a a few early retired DAL Capt. with AAI when I was there.
One did not even draw his salary for one year.
Told the company to just bank it for him.
Some of us are not in that position and only hopes of being there one day.
Nothing against this company but crews should proceed with caution.
Your SSN which is also your FAA license number along with your Active/Retired military ID is pretty much public information now even though it should not be.
Somehow the privacy act of 1974 does not apply here or is missed.
I cannot remember the number of times I had to sign a form in the military concerning this.
Now its as if it does not matter.
When applying for a job all of this information is requested along with many times a passport copy.
Identity theft is on the rise and a phone call as to a companies legitimacy and to ensure they received the information via fax e mail etc. is expected.
Especially with a start up that does not want phone calls.
Then with the costs of the drug test and background checks being a little excessive and expecting the not yet hired crewmember to pay is a good reason to be cautious.
Earl,

You are right: these guys only want your SSN to steal your identity. What a great scam - certify an airline, buy 3 747s (with plans for more), paint them, operate them, make a profit, but the real motive is to steal identities.

Don't even dream about applying there!

Have you noticed how the walls sometimes move inward as well?
Old 12th Jun 2006, 00:32

747 Flyer,
I would not bother applying there as the salaries are too low, below industry standards for the 747.
To support a family on this salary would be difficult.
I was not in any way saying that cargo360 was involved in identity theft.
Just something we all should watch out for.
Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part.
Have not noticed any walls moving inwards, care to expand here?
Old 12th Jun 2006, 05:07

747 Flyer,
I would not bother applying there as the salaries are too low, below industry standards for the 747.
To support a family on this salary would be difficult.
I was not in any way saying that cargo360 was involved in identity theft.
Just something we all should watch out for.
Perhaps a poor choice of words on my part.
Have not noticed any walls moving inwards, care to expand here?
Earl,

I've got a couple of friends working there. They seem happy. Second airplane is being delivered this week and third in July. Their pay seems competitive with a lot of comparable small 747 carriers - it's certainly not Southwest, FedEx or UPS.
Old 13th Jun 2006, 09:43

Earl...your SSN number can be your FAA pilot certificate number only if you agree to that; the FAA will issue certificates with generic numbers upon request.
Old 13th Jun 2006, 10:56

Thanks for the info Glueball.
I dont think this problem has hit the flying industry yet, but with all the recent news reports it sure is affecting the rest of the country.
Old 14th Jun 2006, 09:22

After 32 years as a freightdog with 5 to go and only having worked for 2 companies I would like to make the following comments.

Never ever make a lateral or downward career move. Look at your present situation and make an honest assessment of the move under consideration. I have watched many folks leave for a start up they thought would be the next FedEx only to be disappointed and sorry. Always look up.

I have seen many early retirees come and go. Most do not last as freightdogs. It just isn’t their thing. All of them have been fine people and pilots; they just didn’t fit the freightdog mold. Considering that early retirees are threatening to sue their former comrades over pension issues I don’t think they will be giving any salary back.

It is a sad commentary on the state of our business that Cargo 360 is making applicants pay for everything. I don’t like it but Cargo 360 is just taking advantage of current market conditions and will probably have no problems getting people willing to pay. It could be they have savvy management or they are just cheap. Time will tell.

Last I heard KAL 747 classics were among the highest time airframes out there. They had one with 142,000 hours. Think about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.