Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Other Aircrew Forums > Cabin Crew
Reload this Page >

Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough

Cabin Crew Where professional flight attendants discuss matters that affect our jobs & lives.

Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough

Old 18th Dec 2005, 17:39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a crew member from Virgin has just joined BA Eurofleet on the New contract as things have got so bad at VS.

It's a shame such good people I meet down route are treated like this.I've flown with VS and always found the crew great.

If they can't look after them and p them off they're welcome to work with us.

Good luck to you all,don't worry SRB will be having a great Christmas.

WTDWL.

Last edited by whattimedoweland; 7th Jan 2006 at 16:21.
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 20:37

i know there are loads of people leaving virgin to go to ba and i dont blame them personally i have had enough nobody is willing to stand up to the companyand fight for a decent pay ...i hope all of you that voted yes to the pay deal were sick when you saw your taxed back payment that will teach you all !!! and nothing is going to impove either as for your extra pay for doing your xmas trip its going to be taxed that will teach you all a lesson!! all i can do is pray that they will bring back the maths test in the new year for new entrants to virgin so that they could actually calulate how much of a bad pay deal we were offered#!!!! merry christmas and to all at virgin atlantic if you have any sence go sick for christmas spend time with your families and friends just remember the company doesnt do you any favours so dont do them any!!!
Old 26th Dec 2005, 14:08

What a ray of sunshine you must be to fly with virgincrew99. What exactly is it that virgin have done to you other than offer you a job? whatever it is it must have been close to blue murder because its made you so nasty, bitter and twisted, or perhaps you have always been that way. Either way I hope you have handed your notice in because you sound like a very unpleasant crew member to fly with.
Oh and by the way you would realy hate me as i voted for the pay deal as it was a good deal for css, and im sorry to inform you virgin99 that it didnt make me sick like you so charmingly hoped for!
Old 28th Dec 2005, 17:47

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well it looks as if there will be plenty of career opportunities coming up at VS as I cannot believe that these disgusted and abused people like VC99 and striker will allow themselves to be so unappreciated. I am sure their letters of resignation are already in the post..................................................... not

You know sometimes the people who moan about low or poor morale are the very people who actually cause it by their morose attitude and constant whining. The pay deal was accepted by a majority of 10%, though it was closer than many expected, so either accept it and get on with enjoying the good bits of the job, or leave. By staying and going sick you are mainly letting yourself, your colleagues and the passengers down, I doubt the management will notice as there are so many crew.
Old 5th Jan 2006, 12:28

Re: Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough

Striker they have been saying that every year, is this galley fm or have the company issued a notice to say that?
Old 5th Jan 2006, 22:17

I voted no for the pay deal but, shock-horror, worked both Christmas and New year! Yes, I was annoyed that the deal went through and not entirely convinced it was all above board as I've yet to find anyone who admitted to voting yes, but the bottom line is I have a choice to stay at Virgin and accept that the pay is not great or I can leave! To everyone who phoned in sick at Christmas, you weren't getting revenge on Virgin, you were just screwing over your colleagues who had to work crew down or who got called out! Linda Moir still got her big bonus and I bet she was at home Christmas day!!!!!!
Old 6th Jan 2006, 21:48

Varga girl has a point. By not working xmas and NY you were only showing the company what a shoddy workforce some of us (ie vc99 and striker) are and causing your colleagues grief. I personally think its a rather childish and selfish way of making a point and it gives the company even more reason not to reward us with a decent pay rise. Instead they might make life even harder for us all next year by putting even more of us on standby to cover all these sickies, so thanks for that.
Old 6th Jan 2006, 22:20

Hello!
Please forgive me if I anger anyone here, but would I be correct in suggesting that alot of VS cabin crew are upset with their pay and conditions and are thus demoralised? I have been on the Skytrax website and when reading the airline reviews given by passengers for Virgin Atlantic, alot if not all of them comment on the declining levels of service. The ones published now are not that bad compared to the others published before Aug'05! I am sure most of you are very professional and are excellent at your jobs (that is certainly I how felt about VS on a flight I was on last year), but when you compare the comments with the comments given to BA and other airlines, it saddens me that such a great airline is being considered in such a way.
I would just like to ask, would you consider the comments on the Skytrax website a minority OR are there certain memebers of cabin crew who are demoralised and have had enough?
Check it out for yourself:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/seats.htm
and then scroll down to Virgin Atlantic.
I really did not meant to cause offence, and if I have I am sorry.
Old 7th Jan 2006, 16:12

Hi Concorde001
Just been on that web site and it makes quite depressing reading!!
I think it's true that some crew are demoralised and some are just clearly in the wrong job! One thing struck me about a lot of the pax comments though, a lot of it seems to be down to the service flows that Virgin provide for us to work to. I think it's awful that we only do one drinks service on a 10 hour flight. Yes, pax can ask for more but a lot of them aren't aware of this, or, if they do ask, they get snarled at by one of the "demoralised" crew!! I also hate combining the service-six hours is still a long time for pax, no matter how quick it seems for us!! Anyway, as you can probably guess, I'm ex charter so used to doing lots on short flight-be interesting to see whether other VAA crew agree with me!!
Old 8th Jan 2006, 20:58

I agree with you varga, i to found it a depressing read as i never realised things seemed that bad to the pax. There are to many CSS's out there trying to change the service and it causes inconsistencies. Also the disaster of the upper class goodnight service hasnt helped. I dont understand why people in the office are trying to make services shorter and fewer, i wonder if they would ever look on that website. When i first joined the company only 5 years ago pax used to get so much more, especially premium. Now i feel embarrassed serving premium especially on the lower deck of the 400. I dont blame pax for being annoyed when they see they have been seated there.
I dont think its unreasonable to go out and do another proper drinks service (not just oj and water) on the longer flights, because a lot of pax are not made to feel as if they can ask for another drink. But the problem is this has to be implemented in from the office so everybody does the same, otherwise it causes more inconsistency.
Old 8th Jan 2006, 21:13

Thanks for your replies Varga and Sukigirl.
I was wondering, what would be the reaction of your managers if one of you presented these comments to them? Do you think VS head office look at the comments on Skytrax?
If they saw the way in which Virgin's great reputation is being run down, they might act! I remember reading airline reviews in the late 90s and if you ever compared VS with BA, VS always got the most praise - the airline was regarded as innovative with great customer service. Now, it seems the tide had turned - BA are getting rave reviews (have a look on the Skytrax website) and VS sadly are not!
Once again, I am a VS fan - think its a great airline. It just saddens me that the an increasing number don't think so.
Will any of you consider showing these comments to your colleagues / managers?
Old 9th Jan 2006, 23:06

Originally Posted by sukigirl
Now i feel embarrassed serving premium especially on the lower deck of the 400. I dont blame pax for being annoyed when they see they have been seated there.
LOL OH MY GOD YES!!!!!

I used to fly, now on the ground, and i HATE putting pax in those seats. I was SO embarrassed when my mum and i sat in those seats - we were practically in the galley and unfortunately on that flight we had a couple of crew who did nothing but slag the company off - clearly they thought a flimsy bit of curtain is enough to muffle their voices, but i could hear them, so could my mum, and most certainly all the rev pax around me!!

Those seats should not be W!
Old 12th Jan 2006, 12:19

Who the hell are these people who don't work for VS and have the nerves to tell you guys that your are WELL PAID???
Fact is none of us in the aviation world are WELL PAID for the amount of time we spend at work in an ENJOYABLE but UNHEALTHY environement (eg communicable disease, poor oxygen quality cabins, jet lag ect...).
So to these people 850-1000£/month is a LOT? Maybe in Latvia! Certainly not in London.
There are some airlines who pay more than others but none of them pay WELL.Including BA who I work for.If crew at major airlines like VS and BA don't fight for salary and benefits, crew at smaller airlines would get even less money that they do now simply because we benchmark other UK airline workers' wages.
Old 12th Jan 2006, 19:34

I agree with crew74. I can't understand those of u that don't even work for virgin, or even as crew yet still try and give lectures on why vs crew don't shut up and smile at getting less than £1000 per month. Yes, they all knew it wasn't well paid when they signed up but that doesn't mean they're not entitled 2 fight 4 better pay. There r 2 many people on this sight who think they know everythin about everythin. I say good luck 2 all u vs crew, its hard enough bein crew n tryin to have relationships and good work/life balances without the stress of debts aswell, cause i've tried livin near heathrow on that wage and believe me, its barely possible.

happy flyin vs crews
Old 26th Feb 2006, 11:03
Boofers

Cabin crew complaining about less services???

Varga Girl is complaining about combining the drinks and meals on shorter flights, however, bear in mind that these services are combined only on night flights when passengers want to get some sleep. If you were to do drinks and meals separately, it could take up to 2 hours or more and then that gives them only an hour of sleep before waking them up again for breakfast. I think we would have more complaints from the passengers then.... surely? What does everyone else think?

Old 26th Feb 2006, 14:33

Cant believe you guys earn less the charter!

Its hard to believe you guys get less money than us charter lot. We do, do alot more work than you guys and there is no room for argument there i am very sure of that, but the basic wage and comission break down that was up above WOW.

I dont know why you guys stay there! I work for the 2nd largest charter airline at lgw and i dont bring home less than a grand after tax, and that doesnt incude my trip money which next month will be over 600 pounds. I know you guys get awesome consessions but as someone said you guys cant afford to use them. I dont know why you guys stay there, you must get stick off the pax just like us, maybe not as much. It cant be just coz u like the uniform, can it?

I do have to leave this note with a bit a a stab at VA. I know the money isnt great but I have positioned out with you guys, the amount of services (lack of) ,the amount of rest you guys get oh and not forgetting the rest area, what do you expect. If you want more money come and work in the charter zone but you will have to work for it and your crew rest area will turn into a bar box in a cramped galley.

p.s keep fighting though guys, in every airline, the job is hard the money is well earned and never enough but life is hard. good luck with your pay talks!