Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > ATC Issues
Reload this Page >

Atc Clearance At Leeds Bradford

Wikiposts
Search
ATC Issues A place where pilots may enter the 'lions den' that is Air Traffic Control in complete safety and find out the answers to all those obscure topics which you always wanted to know the answer to but were afraid to ask.

Atc Clearance At Leeds Bradford

Search this Thread

Old 29th Jan 2005, 08:45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ILS 119.5
Yo dude, its all part of the same conspiracy you know! The managment were involved in Kennedy's assasination and the Millenium Dome fiasco too. The world needs guys like you to keep things straight
Old 29th Jan 2005, 11:15

I have just found out that LBA cannot use the "emergency" VCR on the south side as it has to have the same equipment as the main tower. Also all the controllers would have to be re-trained to use the "emergency" VCR and they do not have the staff to do it. Another cock up.

Apparently the new desk will be fitted over a two day period sometime in March. As they cannot use the "emergency" VCR I hope nothing goes wrong.
Old 29th Jan 2005, 12:31

ILS 119.5 - Great stuff , keep em coming.
Never let facts stand in the way of a good slander.
"I have just found out that....... ". Question - from who?
Suggest you have em neutered for talking bo**ocks.
By the way - did you know that LBA was deeply involved with the Titanic disaster too!!!!!!!!
Old 29th Jan 2005, 16:41

Stillin 1, my sources are reliable as they work at the airport, and I cannot divulge my sources. If you want clarification of the "emergeny" VCR equipment specifications then contact the CAA SRG dept. and ask them. Another good source of information would be for you to get to know one of the LBA ATCO's or ATC Engineers. Regarding the training of the ATCO's in the south side portacabin then ask SRG. Regarding the refit of the new desk, I was told mid march. However there is further doubt that it will be completed then. This project has been going on for many years, originally started by a gentleman who resigned and there has been 2 further ATC managers since then who have not been able to complete the project, not because it was their fault but due to higher management descisions. Did you know that the airport management stopped the staff from reading this forum due to embarrassment.
Old 29th Jan 2005, 17:04

Now don't start waiving big abbreviations at me. Elvis (and one of the cleaners) told me personally that you have got it all out of proportion. Lets get back to the "dancing sirls" and the new cars - sounds like my kinda place. Did you know they did that Irish bank job to pay for it all too?
PS stop embarrasing yourself if you want the Airport Managment to let their staff read your stuff.
I'm bored now
Old 31st Jan 2005, 16:15

ILS 119.5,

Check your PMs.

Regards,

TGU
Old 16th Feb 2005, 18:12

Slightly off-topic but I've noticed that the LBA VHF tower frequency is now on 'simul-cast' with the UHF ground frequency. It's not a true band-box in the strict sense as stations on VHF cannot hear stations on UHF and vice versa, i.e. there's no retransmission. Hope that makes sense.

Traditionally at LBA the VCR Assistant has manned the UHF frequency under the VCR Controller's licence, obviously allowing the controller to come in on the frequency whenever necessary or convenient. Now the controller is manning this frequency exclusively.

I guess this alteration is just temporary and has something to do with the forthcoming switch upgrade. I'm sure anyone in the know will say if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

TGU.
Old 12th Mar 2005, 08:52

The switch upgrade programme appears to be underway. The Tower and UHF ground frequencies are now properly bandboxed
and the controllers sound very different. The audio is much more bassy and punchy, if a little muffled at times. The approach controller is more readable than the tower but this might have something to do with transmitter power. Still it's early days and plenty of opportunities for tweaking and fine tuning.