Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Air Universal

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Air Universal

Old 26th Jan 2005, 08:58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Universal

Be well aware of a company in Amman, Jordan call Air universal they are professional thiefs more details tomorow, be very, very carefull

Fellow pilots be well aware of this mickey mouse company in Jordan, I worked with them for few months and they stoled all my salaries and when i told them i had enough they refused to let me go and because the country is so corrupted they (air universal) call their friends and put my name on the inmigration system in order not to let me out of the country,luckly the inmigration officer was also corrupted and let me out of the country for 500usd, it was very scary so i not only lost all my salaries but i had to pay for my ticket to go back home plus,plus. I will post all their safety violations on a later message when the U.K. CAA finish their investigation, for any more info. contact me on the private E-mail

Last edited by potrozo; 26th Jan 2005 at 19:54.
Old 26th Jan 2005, 23:29

potrozo,
are you on the B747 or L1011? were you in Iran?
Old 28th May 2005, 17:49

A short update on Air Universal.

One TriStar on wet lease to Libyan Arab Airlines, and will remain so until end August this year.
The second TriStar is on active standby in Libya, used as needed.

One 747 on wet lease to Iran Air.
Second 747 in AMS for maintenance, engine change.
Third under negotiation for purchase.
A new Cyprus certificate is underway, and should be approved by September/October.

All acft to be used on the upcoming Hadj, so I'm told.

Don't know about others, but I was certainly paid on time/agreed amount...and I don't come cheap.

Star Air.

The president called me personally about a chief pilot position, but the renumeration was far from sufficient, so I declined.
I would certainly expect that they will have a hard time finding crews.
Found out today that they have three TriStars, one in Austria (lots owed for parking fees), another in SHJ (needing heavy maintenance) and the third parked in AMM with severe stabilizer problems. and apparently no funding to fix.

Clearly not a good situation.
Old 29th May 2005, 01:48

Question AIRCRAFT LEASE TO IRANAIR

As I read in the last few posts, I noticed that a 747 is on the lease to Iran Air. I thought that they are subject to economic embargo and no Boing can be leased to them. If anyone has any informative thoughts , please advise.

Thank you , ship
Old 29th May 2005, 02:54

I have closely interacted with Air Universal and they have been nothing but nice to me.

411A,

Were you in tripoli/Benghazi for the Omra flights? if you were i might have come across you.
Old 29th May 2005, 09:01

747fanatic,
Yes, will remain in TIP until the end of August, then return for the Hadj in December, if all goes according to plan.
I have discussed with the Air Universal commercial manager additional business that we might be able to swing their way, mostly cargo from China, but also pax flights elsewhere.
They need the Cyprus AOC for this, so will wait and see when/if it happens.

SHIP,

I believe it applies to acft dry lease only from western countries, not wet lease to Iran Air.
I fully expect that Air Universal will use a 747 for LAA from August onwards, and the wet lease to Iran Air will continue until the Hadj.
So it seems anyway.
Old 29th May 2005, 17:09

411A:

Ay one point during the Hajj, air universal was looking to pay $12000 for a L1011 Captain. Were you the lucky one?
Old 29th May 2005, 20:07

what is the pay like for a 747FE rite now with air universal. howz the accomodation and what are the available bases. is it a lot of hours of flying?

mav
Old 29th May 2005, 20:42

Not sure what the FE pay is but i am damn sure its more than AAI. Its a more homely environment here compared to AAI where you are just a number. Flying is normally not more than 70 hours per month. Hajj is different but the pay is good too.
Old 29th May 2005, 22:18

If they pay on time and have a little stability then many would go there.
I know of one American ex Saudia Captain that went to AAI and walked out of sim training to go to this company, to this day he is happy.
A really good Captain also.
Know this guy personally.
So all cannot be bad there.
Only time and payment will tell.
If they pay on time and dont abuse the shxxt out of you then this may be a good company.
After NORTHEAST and what they pulled everywhere people are a little scared.
Old 30th May 2005, 08:03

I'll never tell, 747fanatic, but as I mentioned before, cheap ain't my style...draw your own conclusions.
Also, just learned this morning that LAA have requested a 747 from Air Universal for flights to China...not sure about the timing however.
Things are looking up, it appears....thru the glass darkly
Old 1st Jun 2005, 18:09
ijp

411A,

Star owes everyone and then some, I like mishall , but money is always a problem, they have problems with accounting.
I don't understand Universal, some have had nightmare experiences, others love it, Go Figure?
Old 1st Jun 2005, 22:22

what are the payscales like for CAPT/FO/FE on the 747 fleet, the bases as well as the routes.
Old 2nd Jun 2005, 17:49

As usual, it 'depends'...

It rather depends on their immediate requirement, maverick, as many negotiate their own arrangements...IE, don't lowball, if at all possible.
These folks are presently advertising for a whole slew of JAA licensed folks for their new Cyprus operation.
Whether they get 'em or not is anyone's guess, but I suspect that validations will be used for quite sometime....for some anyway.
In addition, if you apply, do not expect an immediate reply (except for management type positions), as they have a lot on their table at the moment, such is the requirements of the regulating authority concerned.

Once again, thru the glass, darkly....
Old 6th Jun 2005, 02:12

potrozo:
How about giving us your account??
Old 6th Jun 2005, 21:34

747 fanatic, what acct. or you just trying to be funny. and 411a you are nothing but an imbecile, i'am sorry to say the true, you must be either T.A.R. or A.S. or A.Q. just lies and more lies about this *&#@ company I can give you a list of the unnumber pilots that never got pay from this bastards. so please just leave me alone because all i want is forget about this bad experience and move on, there is enough warnings in here and some other web sites so if some body also wants to give them a chance just go ahead and shoot yourselves. Mr cheap is not my style be honest and tell every body also that you guys only pay when you are sure, you are going to need this person the following month otherwise an excuse will be ready for that one person and also mention the unnumber of serious safety violations
Old 7th Jun 2005, 08:48

Oh dear, potrozo...such words.
Now of course if you were not personally paid, then indeed you have a legit complaint.
However, I suspect that you and a certain individual who walked off after having been paid in advance, at your request, on rather short notice...are one in the same.
If so, Air Universal was quite within their legal rights to file fraud charges, and follow up in court...which I'm told they also did.
Only you know for sure.

All the crews here are paid on time so far as I know, and if they were not, few would stay around.
Seems pretty simple to me.

Now a word about acft maintenance.
Looks OK to me. Only one deferred defect on the aeroplane I am flying at the moment...and the required item is in customs now, I believe.
Pretty clean machines from what I can see.
LAA seems impressed as well, as they just extended the present contract.
Other folks should have adequate info about this company now, let them decide.
Old 7th Jun 2005, 15:52

Dear 411A, what ever! I do not have any intentions to continue any type of contact with criminals like your company. so just wait about 1 month or 45 days for the CAA to conclude their investigation and will see who was telling the true. Love and Peace
Old 8th Jun 2005, 17:52

Talked with quite a few crewmembers that are watching this one.
Everyone is hoping that they pay on time and as contract states.
So far sounds like a good move for many.
I have not heard any complaints from those that went there.
About time a good company started with decent pay and conditions.
Old 26th Jun 2005, 17:41

I heard UVS is close to signing a contract with PIA for a single B747-200 wetlease starting August to November for flights to the Kingdom.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.