Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

Air Universal, Outstanding Crew Salaries for Hajj

Wikiposts
Search
Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Air Universal, Outstanding Crew Salaries for Hajj

Search this Thread

Old 18th Apr 2004, 13:45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Air Universal, Outstanding Crew Salaries for Hajj

Air Universal, based in Amman, another non-paying entity.

Just when I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel and I was going to get paid for my time and efforts, along comes Air Universal, an Amman, Jordan based airlilne.

After doing the test flight and ferry flight from the desert (Marana, Arizona) to Amman, Jordan, Air Universal sent the crew back to the desert to pick up the 2nd of their intended 747 addition to their fleet. Unfortunately for them, they had yet to experience the sphincter boys from Evergreen Maintenance located at Marana.

Evergreen handed them an inflated maintenance bill for their shabby work and Air Universal could not afford to get their 2nd 747 (ex Lufthansa) out of the desert.

After keeping us on standby to move their aircraft for 5 weeks with stories like, " It'll be ready in 2 days" ,, and,, we are working on the situation,, ect... that they then sent the crew home and told us that they would contact us to return when the situation was resolved.

That call never came, and neither did our payment for babysitting their desert pidgeon roost.

So, beware of Air Universal should you decide to operate for this type of employer.
Old 18th Apr 2004, 14:16

Unhappy Try it another way.....

Depressing news 767 ... but hardly surprising. For the benefit of other ppruners tempted by offers and assurances such as those received by 767, practice saying the following: "Thank you for your valued enquiry. If you would care to deposit $ xxx in my bank account by x/xx/xx I shall be delighted to carry out the flying described". Thankfully, this ppruner has hung-up his David Clarks and will never again have to write-off £££ unpaid by sharp operators in Africa and the Middle East. bm
Old 18th Apr 2004, 16:31

B767Longhaul,
did you then end up flying for Air Van doing the Nigeria runs for IRS?
Old 18th Apr 2004, 17:39

Well, I believe the flight crew communities (as well as flight attendants and maintenance technicians) should have a ready reference source for such operators who "fail to pay"...

Reminds me of an operation last year that got 747 and 1011 crews stranded in Jeddah and Africa, they did a repeat of it this year, again failing to pay crews... obliged to pay their own way home, held in hotel as hostages for hotel bills.

Job outside Europe of North America? - simple answer...

If it involves anything "Africa" or "Middle East" - it should be:
(1) One month salary paid in advance. If no further payment, flying stops the 31st of the month at 23:59Z...
(2) Per diem expenses paid in advance as well. Proof of advance payment of hotel rooms by operator.
(3) In possession of return ticket, or deposit of that amount in your account.

How about making a thread here with a list and entries of such operators.
Would be easy for all to check...
Old 18th Apr 2004, 18:29

Pablo,
You will be surprised to learn that when ever there is bad news that someone left salaries unpaid etc published. You will have a few fellows ready to work for them! Maybe they believe that they can handle it better. Then few months later a new thread opens up and there they are crying about unpaid salaries....
Blues
Old 18th Apr 2004, 19:57

Post Sharing information is what it's all about !!

My misfortune is your gain, that's why I am sharing it with all of you.

To 747fanatic , did you work for Air Universal and not get paid too ? If so I know 3 others that did not get paid and perhaps you could join our cause in writing a letter to the Minister of Aviation in Jordan. Otherwise, what is your point of where someone went subsequent to getting the run-around from Air Universal
Old 18th Apr 2004, 20:13

Dear Bluesafrica -

I agree with you... if a job is advertised, for 747 pilot position. people with no experience will accept anything (including NO wages) to fly a 747 a few weeks...

PPLs should maybe be hired - it is not for hire!

The airline I mentioned (a friend of mine from Argentina got caught it their deal) is Northeast Airlines, a Miami USA company, but operating with an African AOC... A bunch of little idiots who needed pocket money to party with girlfriends in Miami, while they dealt with Africans and Middle East thieves...

Check Northeast Airlines... also check another one, from Australia that one, Global Air - operated by a Luke Butler... got an 747F and stranded 3 crews in Africa, with an AOC in Africa as well.

Money up front is the rule.
All pilots, experienced or wannabees should stick together.
By chance, any of these guys land an airplane in Europe (EU), the plane gets seized...
Payment first from now on...
Old 18th Apr 2004, 21:46

SORRY GUYS TO HEAR THAT ANOTHER AIRLINE ITS NOT PAYING HIS EMPLOYEES, I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION BUT NOT ONLY ME ANOTHER 560 + COLLEAGUES FROM EUROPEAN AVIATION AIR CHARTER OR EAL OR EAC OR EAAC OR ..........KEEP FIGHTING THATS WHAT WE ARE DOING. GOOD LUCK

PABLO K
ARE YOU REALLY FROM ARGENTINA????
QUE LINDO SERIA UN BUEN BIFE DE CHORIZO Y ALGUNAS ACHURAS!!!!!
Old 18th Apr 2004, 21:52

B767Longhaul:
No i did not work for Air universal. But i heard that one of the pilots who had been sent to the desert to take the delivery decided to abandon them and fly for Van air. Again its all 2nd hand information.

check with Heavydriver, he worked for them this Hajj.
Old 24th Apr 2004, 10:50

Question Hey BluesAfrica,,,,,

Perhaps you could tell us who is paying you in advance so we can know where to apply ????

How nice it is to play Monday morning quarterback.

To Bluesafrica, perhaps since you are the guru of how to do it and get paid, give us a few of your trade secrets please !!.. and tell us who has been paying you in advance ??

The only reason NorthEast is paying in advance is because of their reputation for not paying after the fact,, no one will work for them any more because of their past history for non payment, and it is in part due to this forum that has brought out their tacticts of failing to pay that has brought this about.

So cheers to pprune for allowing the NEA's of the world to be known and the word to be spread.

Most crewmembers I know are honest and trustworty, and, provided their service without cause or reason to believe that they wouldn't be paid by their employer. Now we know different.
The NEA's and Air Universal's of the world, beware, you are being watched.
Old 25th Apr 2004, 13:41

Well, the achievement of Pprune is outstanding in informing the entire group of contract pilots as to what these companies, such as Northeast do to deceive crewmembers.

Look also on the website <www.bad-aviationjobs.com> as an additional source of info.
Maybe some of you guys should bring your Northeast gripes there too.

HOLA - BS.AS.
SI, ME GUSTARIA TAMBIEN... AHORA ES - QUILMES, PAR ACA...
CHE - NO SOY ACERCA DE CORRIENTES 348...
PERO EN VILLA MARTELLI (GAL PAZ Y PANAMERICANA)
CHAO -
Old 25th Apr 2004, 17:08

B767Longhaul:

I have been told that the Pilot who went midway and then started flying for Air Van.. will not be paid his dues.

So if you really are the same person, tough luck.

The pilot i am in touch with got all his dues wired to him last week.
Old 27th Apr 2004, 00:25

Thumbs down 747fanatic, you are incorrect.

Who's posting is this, mine or yours ?

Hey 747fanatic,

your info is incorrect. As of today, April 26, 2004 the Air Universal crew that returned to pick up the 2nd 747 has yet to be paid.

If you think you know better, then perhaps you should call Air Universal at +962-6-5626001 and speak to the President of the company.
Old 27th Apr 2004, 01:08

B767Longhaul,
The pilot i am talking about did not do any delivery flights. He was based in Jeddah with the rest of the air universal crew.
Old 27th Apr 2004, 02:13

The Post "was" about the crew that was sent to test fly the 2nd aircraft and bring it to Jordan. If your friend got paid finally then good for him, but that's not what the post was about.
Old 16th Jun 2004, 13:57

Location: JMC Mining Ship, Red Dwarf. 3 million years from earth.
Good luck guys, hope it works out for you all and you get what is rightfully yours.

We have to stop these cowboys (I include PAUL STODDART in the term Cowboy) from getting away with this. Broken promises and assurances of being paid, yep heard it all before. All we can do is make them realise that we are still here and we will not go away.

LJ
Old 30th Jun 2004, 00:07

I heard they have a contract with Iran air. Doing the runs from Tehran to Jeddah. Pay is reduced to $7000 for Captains.
Old 1st Jul 2004, 22:45

you mean promised pay.
Think we have all heard this one too many times!
Old 2nd Jul 2004, 07:54

Evergreen handed them an inflated maintenance bill for their shabby work
I don't know your experience with maintenance work but ANY contracter is a good as the rep that the company sends! I have been at Marana meany a times and have been impressed by their work. So if you have a problem with the company YOU elected to work for than don't blame other people who in general do a good job!
Old 26th Jul 2004, 22:36

Evergreen's work performance

I have also been to Marana many times, and, have always thought that Evergreen's level of service was "shabby".
Also, I have seen their billing practices first hand and know that they gouge their customers. You are lucky to be more fortunate than others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.