Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > The Caribbean and Latin America
Reload this Page >

Pilot jobs available-- Dominican Republic

Wikiposts
Search
The Caribbean and Latin America Aviation has been around South America and the Caribbean since the early days. A forum for aviators from that part of the world.

Pilot jobs available-- Dominican Republic

Search this Thread

Old 7th May 2004, 04:12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Pilot jobs available-- Dominican Republic

How unusual that we post a "job available" on this forum. Never heard of the company before, feel free to add any additional info.

10 Boeing 737 Crews

Description:
Aero de Dominicana is planning to begin operations in Nov 04 using 3 B-737-200 aircraft in operation from Santo Domingo (- Las Americas International). Flights will be from Santo Domingo to Caracas, Panama and Miami. Crews will be based in MIA and SDQ. Training will be conducted in MIA beginning in Aug of 04. Interviews will be conducted in July. Please no calls.

Requirements:
Captains must have the following 5000TT B-737 Type rating
F/O must have 2000 TT prior B737 experience a plus.

Company Benefits:
Pay for Captains is $96/hr for Captains with a 65hr guarantee
Pay for F/O is $64/hr with a 65 hr guarantee.

search
5474 jobs, posted by 4092 of the world's top aviation companies.
http://www.planejobs.com/searchpostings.cfm
Old 7th May 2004, 12:19

You've got to be kidding me? Is this a reincarnated Aeromar? I wouldn't believe any Dominican carrier would be successful operating 10 737s, let alone if they believe the US is going to let a Dominican carrier operate a Dominican-registered 737 to Miami. They're nuts.
Old 7th May 2004, 12:43

latinaviation,

I believe you've misread the post. It is for 10 crews to operate 3 Boeing 737's. I imagine that the aircraft will be N-numbered-- nothing new there-- Grupo TACA does the same and for all we know, with bases in Miami and Santo Domingo may well be run by the Miami mob with head offices in Miami.
Old 7th May 2004, 12:48

Got it, thanks Jack. Coffee hasn't kicked in. Either way, I am skeptical. I've been watching Dominican airlines come-and-go - all with glossy business plans, hoopla, we're gonna change the world. Atlantic, APA, Queen, Viva, Aeromar...I am sure there are more that escape me right now. Sounds like just one more to add to the list.
Old 7th May 2004, 22:23

hmmm what can I say? I think they are gonna need luck to be able to compete with Aeropostal/Aserca on the CCS route, Copa on the PTY route and American and all other US airlines that fly to Miami. Wish them the best!

I only have details about the Dominican-Venezuelan market. Aeropostal operates daily with DC9-51s, with a stop in either Aruba or Curaçao (depends on the day). Aserca operates DC9-32s twice a week (used to be daily but traffic dropped). Avior, aserca and aeropostal run about 4 charters each a week to Punta Cana.

So I guess it's gonna be tough to compete with those well established airlines. Aserca already had to reduce frecuency because they were sending empty planes to SDQ.
Old 14th May 2004, 23:27

aero de dominicana

any info wellcome about aero de dominicana&eventual 737 job.
like contact: email,fax,persons in charge ecc.
thanks
Old 15th May 2004, 05:49

Oh c'mon papichulo!!!

No seas tan pinche! Cough up the membership fee for planejobs and then you can tell us all of that info too!!!
Old 27th May 2004, 16:47

Hi,

any news on the job? I worked for 10 years in South America and did like it very much. Maybe ther is the chance to go back toLatin America and leave cold old Europe.

Thanks
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 19:10

G'day,

Anyone know what sort of licence is required. ie. FAA or does the DR have its own issued? Also is SPanish a requirement?

Thanks
Old 4th Jun 2004, 11:28

Gday i think you might need to convert to local license unless they operate N registered planes.
Have you asked what is the procedure for conversion?Im also interested to know how i would convert a JAA license.
Old 4th Jun 2004, 11:39

People.

If the carrier intends to operate to the United States it will need to do so using N-registered aircraft, or those of another country which does not have a problem with Categorization as do the Dominican Republic.
Old 10th Jun 2004, 14:27

I live and work here in the DR and the local DGAC does not have
any information on Aero de Dominicana. There is some talk in and around the local airprots, but no real hard infor.

Speaking to a friend who was the DO for Aeromar told me that it's sounds like Aeromar is trying to do it again. So don't hold your breath.

And just some local information, the FAA is here doing an assessment on the DGAC, to see if the DR can be up graded
from 2* to a 2 category.

Fly Safe.

Dominican

Last edited by Domincan; 10th Jun 2004 at 14:48.