Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Rumours & News
Reload this Page >

BA LGW-ATL Diverts, OK.

Rumours & News Reporting Points that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots.

BA LGW-ATL Diverts, OK.

Old 7th Oct 2003, 12:31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA LGW-ATL Diverts, OK.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - An Atlanta-bound British Airways flight made an unscheduled landing Monday in Charlotte after pilots reported mechanical problems, the Federal Aviation Administration said.
Flight 2227, a Boeing 777 from London's Gatwick Airport, landed in Charlotte at 4:11 p.m. ET, said Christopher White, a spokesman with FAA's Atlanta office.

Two hundred passengers and crew members left the plane via stairs; no one was injured.
British Airways officials could not immediately be reached for comment on the nature of the mechanical problem. The airline's Web site said Flight 2227 was to arrive in Atlanta from Charlotte around 6:30 p.m. ET.

Capt. Rob Brisley, a spokesman for the Charlotte Fire Department, said his department was asked to stand by because of reports of smoke in the cockpit, but that no firefighters were activated.
Old 11th Oct 2003, 05:58

My Wife was on the flight and apparently the problem was a VCR or DVD in First Class that went up in smoke.
Old 15th Oct 2003, 05:51

My Wife was on the flight and apparently the problem was a VCR or DVD in First Class that went up in smoke.
This is the second time I've read on a board such as this about an event like this. I find it a bit surprising that there is still a fire problem with IFE, particularly after SR111. Any comments?

(BTW I'm not 'fishing', just genuinely interested.).