PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I type this from my new MacBook - finally!
Old 22nd Jun 2006, 12:18
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I'm Not Typing this from my new MacBook

Well the new MacBook finally turned up 2 days ago, and it's on its way back to Apple shortly . I spent a lot of the first day learning how to use it and transferring files etc., - all the usual stuff one has to suffer on getting a new machine. Next day when I turned the machine on the 'num lock' key was illuminated and couldn't be turned off except if the 'caps lock' key was on. It would only type in that configuration and then it wasn't possible to know if the letters were in upper or lower case (the little light in the 'caps lock' key also didn't work). I spent about an hour on the phone with Apple technical support by the end of which I was told that the machine has a hardware problem and I was given the numbers of 2 local repair stations (one over 40 miles away). After a fruitless 2 hours trying to call them and getting only answerphones, got back on to Apple and said I wanted a replacement machine. By now my new computer's trackpad was also not working properly as it failed to be able to right click so I couldn't download files attached to e-mails. I've just been given the delivery date for my replacement machine - in 2 weeks, the day after I return to Nigeria for 5 months. I am not impressed with either the quality of the product from Apple, nor its service and will not be buying again. It's no good having good software if it's on a cr*p product . Next time I'll go for Dell I think.