PDA

View Full Version : Carrying Celebrities

Jennie Blond
4th Sep 2002, 11:38
I read the post earlier about Moira Stuart waking up during a flight. So what?

But, got me thinking of all the celebrities I've flown during my 30+ years in the industry. from Royalty to Rock. Political. Prime Ministers. Refugees. Media. Pop Stars. Famous animals. The whole lot, and most of you - especially if you are as old as me - will have flown a few celebs too.

I want you to tell us who is (was) your favourite and why, and worst?

My favourite: Kylie Minogue
Why: Most down to earth of all I've met. We chatted about false nails for ages and she poured milk for me in the galley when we both had a coffee. She is tiny though!!!!!

My worst: Chris Evans of Virgin radio
Why: Pissed, obnoxious, "i'm a celeb......don't you know who I am......doesn't this thing go any faster........I wouldn't eat this horse**** food if it was the last thing on earth.....", plus he was dirty and smelly!!

I would love some feedback from y'all out there.

Beryl Board
4th Sep 2002, 12:42
Best:- Robert Powell actor..Really nice guy. Took some of the crew to watch the FA cup final in a pub in LA. Colin Montgomerie golfer..Totally different from his public image as seen on tv.. Kylie was also quite sweet on my flight. She did look very ordinary though with no make up on. Paul Weller..tried to get his band upgraded however didn't make a fuss and ended up sitting down the back with them.

Worst:- Stirling Moss retired racing driver. Rude, obnoxious. Jacqueline Bissett as above.

skyboy1919
4th Sep 2002, 12:58
The best I ever came in contact with was Dolly Parton, she was great, she brought all the crew choclates and sweets, and even offered tickets to a gig the following day. Made a real effort with us all, came and sat on a jumpseat up the front and made us coffee, and chatted for ages. But the best bit was when she was getting off, she complained about the mess of the aircraft, and said that everytime she flys she could not belive the state people left the aircraft in. she Then started telling the other passengers in first to pick the rubbish out of their seat pockets, explaining it was, afterall their rubbish, why should we, the crew have to clean it up after them. Fantastic lady. About a year later she came back on board, and remembered me!!!! Not my name, but asked about my nephew who had just been born when we first met.

Worst has to be Nigel Benn, my god, not even B list, and you would think he was a prince. One girl approched him to ask if he wanted a drink, and he put his hand up against her face and said no more autographs. Best of all, she was Spanish, and said, sorry, should I know who you are? his face was a picture. :mad:

Cheshire cat EGHH
4th Sep 2002, 13:33
What a cool thread.. common... must be more of you?? share.. please

:D

Dan-Air London
4th Sep 2002, 16:39
Best: Steve Martin, the Hollywood actor.
Why: Just a total gentleman, and actually a bit of a flirt!! Gave us all gifts that he had bought in the Duty Free in Geneva.

Worst: Shirley Bassey
Why: Became obnoxious after a few (and only a few) drinks.

Also, had Tom Cruise on board once many years ago, but I was working down the back at the time. So, didn't get to see much of the little man but the FC crew said that he was fabulous and very kind and sincere.

Ronan Keating is quite a nice guy too.

Palma de Mallorca
4th Sep 2002, 16:54
Jennie - what a great thread.

I am not crew, but have flown as a pax alongside several celebrities in my time.

Nicest: Sandy Gall - he from the News at Ten. Very amiable.

Worst: sClub7 - the pop group in their infancy. AMS to LHR on BD several years ago. They cried and shouted and refused seat belts and smoking rules, etc. One of them shouted in a high pitch voice at the crew complaining that she couldnt use her mobile after the doors were closed!!!!

Great idea Jennie.....let's hear more please.

Northern Hosty
4th Sep 2002, 16:58
Remember Dr Leg from Eastenders... No, neither did i until the cabin crew pointed him out to me when he disembarked the a/c.

That about as exciting as it has got for me im afraid!!! :(

EGLD
4th Sep 2002, 17:13
excellent thread

I'm not crew, but a passenger

Once met the middlesex cricket team on a Virgin flight. all were superb, especially Graham Gooch and Angus Fraser who couldnt have been friendlier

A300Man
4th Sep 2002, 19:17
Jennie, This is a nice thread this one. Much better than your usual..

Again I am not Cabin Crew, but a close friend relates this to me:-

Quote:---------

"Best Celebrities: Westlife (when they were mere backing boys for "Boyzone").
Why: Because they were nice and flirty when they were tipsy!!

Worst Celebrities: Westlife (again)
Why: On a different flight a few months later, when they had just become big, the fame had clearly gone to their heads!!!

Another nicer than expected pax was John McEnroe, the tennis player. Slightly better fettle off court than on!"

----------Unquote.

I have flown as a pax alongside a few big stars too. The last one I saw was Claudia Schiffer in the Virgin Clubhouse at LHR. Just sat on her mobile phone the whole time and didn't bat an eyelid to anyone. (Only a couple of days after she had named the first VS 340-600 after herself.) Appeared unaffected by everyone staring at her - myself included.

Unwell_Raptor
4th Sep 2002, 19:28
Secondhand..but:

Dear pal of mine sat next to Ian Paisley on the Belfast flight. Apparently he was charm personified, and made a great fuss of the cabin crew.

You can't judge a book by the cover, I suppose.

flapsforty
4th Sep 2002, 21:14
Have found that most celebs are just like..... normal people. ;) Treat them like an honoured guest and most of them will respond by behaving like one.

Best one ever for me was tennis player Jimmy Connors. Asked me very politely that seeing how he was the only passenger in Royal that night, could he possibly eat a whole tin of caviar by himself? And nothing else?
Told him I had 5 tins and he could have them all.
I served them up and he devoured 3 with relish. :D
Asked me could I sit with him after that, so I got us both a can of coke and sat. And sat and sat.......................
We talked all through the night and across the Atlantic about the vagaries, the ups and down of an itinerant life. What it is like to feel at home in many different cities and how you can feel like a stranger in your own home when finally getting back.

How always being on the go can seem so very glamorous and feel so bl**dy lonely at times. How easy it is to lose friends because they think you have become stuck up. Him with becoming a tennis celeb, us flying types with suddenly buying knickers in New York and going on safari in Kenya.
How rotten it is to be away for the birthdays of the people you love and how irresistible the lure of an international life is once you have tasted it.
How celeb lives, like our own, can seem so enviable to people who lead a more humdrum existence. But that leading them takes a kind of strength not readily apparent from the outside.

Gave me the kind of insight into celebrity life that has stood me in good stead every time I have had a celebrity on board since.
A fond memory of a special bloke.

ditzyboy
4th Sep 2002, 22:30
Best:
Olivia Newton John. What a fabulous chick! She wasn't the all glammed up "look at me!" type. She was dressed in very plain clothes and travelled on her own. She smlied lots and said please and thank you. Olivia came and asked where the toilets were and had a brief chat with us in the galley. She also allowed us to take some pics after all the other pax disembarked. Very nice lady and a great ambassador to us in Australia.

Worse:
'Australian Owned' brand promoter Big Kev. What a fat loser! He is agressive, swears out loud and throws things around the cabin. He was so drunk on a flight once that he passed out and we couldn't get him off at the other end! Big Kev has changed his ways though, apparentely. He was told by the airline to stop his bad behaviour. I had him fly with me a couple of months ago and he was well behaved. Still first impressions........

leemo
4th Sep 2002, 23:13
Best:
Marcia Hines (Singer/Actor/All round entertainer!) - two weeks ago on a PER-SYD. She was lovely and we had a good chat about dieting and what she was doing in Perth. John Paul Young was sitting next to her and he was lovely too.

Haven't had Kylie on a flight yet but I met her when I worked at Blockbuster Video in Fulham, Lonodn. She was lovely then so would love to have her on a flight.

Worst:
Barry Humphries AKA Dame Edna Everage - miserable old ******. Just kept pointing at whatever he wanted, Pillow, Blanket and he wouldn't even connect his own headphones into the armrest!

Also, Deborah Hutton - OK I know she is 'one' of the faces of my airline but she was rude, stuck up and demanding.

ex cabin crew
4th Sep 2002, 23:24
Best - Anita Dobson (just after she left eastenders) - very down to earth and friendly.

Worst - Adam Ant - "I don't travel in the back of a DC10 I want a free upgrade, don't you know who I am?"

Actually thinking about it my most favourite was Princess Diana - we had no pre warning that she was travelling and for a few seconds I didn't even recognise her and thought she was off duty cabin crew!!! Probably due to the Louis Vitton luggage which looked very fake to me.

Shadowpurser
4th Sep 2002, 23:44
Ok

Alanis Morrrisette - GVA - LGW : Very small - curled up on front saet said nothing - had nothing.

Man Untd football team - LGW - MAN : after 5 - 1 defeat to West Ham if I remember rightly (minus David Beckham). All quite nice - some pretended to be asleep when asked for autograph by me. Alex Fergurson joked with me during demo!!!! Top bloke!!!

Danni Minnouge - LED - LGW: Danni, I love you!!! You were so sweet, so gorgeous even though you had no make up on, and idiot in seats near you kept calling you Kylie!!!! You asked if we had had a herd day and after telling me you had the weekend off why didn't I ask you out!!!!

Jim Davidson: LGW - SKP: What a ******!!!!! If this guy ever gets on your flight avoid him at all costs!!! Complained about everything possible!!! Food, crew, pilots(hate's women pilots and will not fly wiht them), airline, and insisted on kissing the person with him who incidently was not his wife!!! lol!!! And he was FAT FAT FAT!!!! Keep wearing the double breasted suits mate!!! - I've seen you in the flesh!, and Captain Ahab is a comin to harpoon you!!!!

FINALLY!!!

Friend of mine had JAMES BROWN, and his CATS on a LGW - VIE. Apparently talks just like he sings!!!! Drinks coffe,and has to go for a **** too!!!! What a guy!!!!! Can't think of anyone cooler than that!!!! OWWWWWW!!!!!!!:D

Cart_tart
5th Sep 2002, 03:43
Beg to differ about Deborah Hutton leemo. She was just gorgeous. No make up, dressed very cas but oh so stylish. Lovely woman - gave her autograph to the FO who had a crush on her and as she got off blew kisses to him from the tarmac!! Very easy going, wanted nothing but hot water with lemon!

Worst - Philip Noyce....god what a rude arrogant p****!!! Sure he's made some great films but geez - screaming from his J seat to the galley "COFFEE" was really unnecessary!!

Also up there in the worst category - Kim Hughes - ex Aus cricket captain....grrrrr. Got a real problem with the drink! Becomes extremely aggressive & when you cut him off from the booze pulls the whole "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!!!!!"

SydGirl
5th Sep 2002, 06:47
What a great topic!

Best :
Tom Jones - yummo! He was just lovely and gorgeous and let me sit on his lap for a photo. Was tempted to throw my knickers at him but managed to restrain myself.
Kylie Minogue - petite, quiet and kept to herself. She just tapped away at her laptop for the whole flight (Syd-Mel) and said she had a lot of emails to catch up on. She was extremely unobtrusive and very pleasant.

Worst :
Shane Warne. Self-explanatory really.

SG
:)

Sick Squid
5th Sep 2002, 09:26
Flaps... just had to say, what an excellent post.. on so many levels. Kudos....! One of the best I've seen in this forum.

Since I preach sticking to the topic....

The Scene... top of Climb, out of Copenhagen. The time... etched in my memory forever!

Purser (to me): "We seem to have some kind of "model" on board today. Someone Christensen. Helen, or something like like that...."

Me; "!" (...stunned silence, mouth agape, difiiculty breathing.. )"You mean....Helena Christensen is down the back...?"

Purser: "Yes... she's nothing special, by the way...." ( I shall refrain from comment here, but the phrase "wouldn't crawl over her to get to you..." may have been not very far from the surface...)

Co-Pilot: "Who's Helena Christensen?"

There then followed 2 hours of education for this young gentleman (actually, he was the same age as me so unforgiveable!) starting with Chris Isaac's "Wicked Game" video.... Miss C unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for her) has fallen asleep otherwise the standard pre-Sept 11th visit would have been arranged faster than a scalded dog chasing a rabbit....

End of flight.... co-pilot, who's sector it has been, anounces "Well, I'll go and say goodbye to the passengers, then...."

Me; "No, no, nooooo.... Sit right there, my friend. I will go and say goodbye to the passengers.... there is no debate on this point."

....and she smiled at me! :o

I can be very easily pleased sometimes! And for the record, the crew thought she was charming....

£6

Skyflier
5th Sep 2002, 18:26
From a pax point of view:

Best: Ian Paisley, very friendly and chatty, didn't discuss politics though but lots of other things to talk about. Peter Mandelson, also friendly.

Worst: William Hague and his 'minder' Seb Coe, both arrogant and ignorant, also very rude to the crew when the departure was delayed due to fog - which anyone would have thought the crew had arranged specially to inconvenience them.

aviatorgirl72
5th Sep 2002, 19:33
Robert Downey Junior - My first encounter with a celeb, after 35 minutes of feeling pretty pissed off with the other junior crew member, leaving me to do all the galley preps, etc, etc, whilst she chatted to her friends upstairs. In he came - I have to admit I think he was a little stoned, but cool. Chatted about everything, movie releases, places to go, and the meantime managed to sell him 2 grands worth of duty free, I think he had a lot of lady friends, as he bought so much ladies perfume!!!!

Cool guy, ventured down the back to economy to see us, and managed to **** off the other junior, as he left just before she returned!!! Nice one!

Prince Edward - Well his photographs just don't do him justice, honest, he's actually quite handsome, believe it or not, very very polite. Sorry to say the bodyguard was no oil painting, bit of a let down!!!

Christopher Casanova (ex dynnasty) Wow that man has amazing sex appeal, and still looks great. My jaw hit the floor when he walked on, and he just started laughing and asked how I was. Sexy, sexy and just sexy. That's how I describe him.

Was put into economy without a whine of an upgrade, slept the whole way.

Paul Gasgoyne - ****** - Beautiful and lovely wife sheryl, but he is just a ******.

Wanted the whole of enonmy to see him, by parading up and down, and doing stupid exercises, and then instead of getting off his backside to put a glass back on the bar, throws it, and manages to shatter the thing all over the cabin.

This is a man with no class, apart from what hangs off his arm.

Jerry Hall - Was hoping she wasnt as beautiful as in her photographs, to make myself and the rest of the cabin crew feel better about ourselves.

Legs up to her armpits, no make up, just beautiful - but she gave no eye contact, a little alouf!!!

Brian Connolly - Gave him a disguise, raybans, gucci scarf to come and visit us down the back, but slept all the way, but a really lovely guy. But of a dish actually!!!

Kate winslet - never upgrade this woman - moaned the whole flight about upgrading her friend, which was done, and promised to hand over a credit card at arrival at heathrow. At heathrow, managed to dodge the groundstaff - cheapskate!!!!

Could go on and on aboout the celbs I've met, but these are the ones that have made a real impression on me!

At the end of the day, they're just like you and me!!!

:) :) :)

Oh must mention Belinda Carlisle's husband, what a dish! Made up for her disappearing into the toilet every five mintues, and her abnoxious child, who had ten hands, when the afternoon tea service came out!!!

???pax
5th Sep 2002, 21:18
From another pax point of view-

Was on a flight from Las Vegas to Philly the other day and Teller out of Penn and Teller (magical duo) was a fellow pax.

Teller is the small one who never speaks, so you can understand my confusion/horror when I saw him at the gate nattering away into his hands-free mobile phone.

EMIRATES A340-500
5th Sep 2002, 22:01
I have been a visitor to Prune for ages and just signed up tonight. I work for a large Gulf airline, and although i am not cabin crew, I heave heard some real great stories from our crews who come from all walks of life:-

Some highlights:-

The Pope
Just for the sheer magnificence of it and cannot be compared to ANY other celebrity anywhere, anytime.

Margaret Thatcher
Surprisingly civil

Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex
He is quiet and pleasant. She was a bit loud and appeared bossy.

Princess Diana
Sheer beauty and sincerity personified

Tina Turner
She is the Queen........and surprisingly smaller than you would think.

Kylie Minogue and Michael Hutchence
Quiet couple who were obviously in love.

Helen Worth (Gail Platt from "Coronation Street")
Tiny but very bubbly and just like Gail!!

Jan Leeming
BBC News lady from years ago - a total snob!!

Ronnie Corbett
Nice fellow but with a very loud voice that was painful after a while.

Derek Jameson (BBC Radio guy)
Grumpy and arrogant. And his wife - aka Cruella de Vil

John McEnroe
As someone said above, sursrisingly nice and affable

Shahnaz Pakravan (Dubai TV)
Lovely lady and didn't squeak once on board

Keith Harris (& Orville - only this time, without)
A bit cocky and full of celeb status s**t

Barry McGuigan
Former boxer. Just like a little boy who giggled all the way through the flight.

Liz Smith (Brits will know her as Nana from The Royle Family)
Absolutely hilarious and questioned us on the material of the uniforms and asked if they were itchy....spoke about varicose veins, food, cooking, aphrodisiacs......a really, really lovely lady, and quite bulky too!!!

but, our former Alitalia members still say Pope was the most unique.

Guess it's easy to understand why.

EMIRATES A340-500
6th Sep 2002, 09:40
However, myself as a pax:-

Nicest: Kylie
Why: just because she was!! Didn't ask for any special attention and was happy to pose for photographs and even helped us (or helped my friend whom i was with) with make up hints for best results in the dimly lit cabin.

Worst: Hillary Clinton
Why: She growls just as much in reality as you would think she does.

Balboy
6th Sep 2002, 11:52
Great thread..........

One that instantly come to mind was Norman Wisdom. He was on one of our Cruise charters going to BGI. He was SO charming and funny.

He was sitting at the front next to where one of our girls was doing her manual demo (no vid that day). As she bent down to pick up her life jacket, he put his hand on her head and wouldnt let her get up. The whole front cabin errupted with laughter, the girl just cracked up, and I just wet myself in the front galley.

Great guy.

nika
6th Sep 2002, 14:09
Elle McPherson is apparently a bit of a handful. On one QF flight she was given white first class pyjamas.

On another flight she was given blue pjs and insisted that they 'take back this old stock and give her some white pjs'. Turns out that the white was the old stock.

Also was quite moody when asked to get off her mobile and in some cases will only speak French.

As for Kylie Minogue and Sarah Ohare, lovely!!

TightSlot
7th Sep 2002, 13:37
On Uk Charter, I've not experienced any "celebrities" :(, which didn't bother me at all until I read this (excellent) thread - now I am depressed! I would like to be checked out on a celebrity please, and have my license endorsed accordingly.

(I hope Kylie's on FF miles - she seems to spend more time airborne than some crew.)

tonyt
13th Sep 2002, 14:53
Don't get many celebs travelling with us - but -

Best - Tracy Shaw (Maxine - Corrie), made up for her alleged bad behaviour on a BA by joining one of our charity flights. Donated a stack of stuff 4 on board raffle, posed for photo's, paid full fare, didn't create a fuss when no veggie option available, spoke to all the crew and did a quick 'twirl' in front cabin for pax. No cameramen, no publicity, just came along and joined in.

Lisa Tarbuck was a real nice lady, very chatty and down to earth

No bad ones - yet...

Zerfas
15th Sep 2002, 09:39
Best: Steve McFadden ( Phil Mitchell eastenders) and Lucy Benjamin (Lisa eastenders)---These two were totally lovely and charming....When I served them drinks, they asked for two beers. As i was getting them out of the bar, I thought to myself in a panic, should I say something like "Do you think this is a good idea?" coz Steve's character in 'enders is an alcoholic...Got the lines blurred between tv and reality!

Posh Spice was smaashing...Has my photo taken with her, then she took my camera, turned it around and took a self-portrait! She even threatened to put it down her pants to take one...I asked her to do it to David instead! phew! ;)

WORST!!! Cilla Black was a total nightmare...Ignoring the crew when asked if she needed anything, preferring instead to make her PA answer for her!! Remember your roots missy!

Charlie Dimmock (the bra-less and not too attractive gardener) Did the whole...."Dont you know who I am?" thing and I took great pleasure in telling her that I didn't know her from Adam! It makes no difference to me how big she can grow her melons!:p

CaptainSlinky
17th Sep 2002, 12:08
Best - Francois Pieenar, JNB-LHR - as you can imagine to Saffa's this guy is something of an icon even after all this time. He must have only got about 1 hrs sleep on the night flight as he was constantly being asked for autographs, pictures and chat. Was friendly and affable to all comers, great to the crew, top all round guy!

Worst - Richard E Grant, JNB-LHR (not same day!), seated in 8K Upper, spent whole flight with left hand to face to avoid 'recognition' in cabin with lights out and everyone asleep! Wouldn't speak to crew, only through 'assistant' in 8H, snarled at unfortunate brave enough to ask for autograph. 100% Deus (Ask a Saffa!)

A300Man-2005
17th May 2005, 09:12
SydGirl

Sorry to drag this one up, and slightly off topic, - I noted your comments about Kylie. Let's hope she gets well very soon. I have heard similar recounts from various crews who all adore having her on board. True trouper.

Get well soon Kylie.

KTPops
17th May 2005, 17:50
Yes indeed, I was really sad to hear the news about Kylie this morning.

I know crew who have had her on board and they said she was lovely, a real star.

She's a wee fighter so I'm sure she'll pull through!!

:ok: :ok:

Flying_Sarah747
18th May 2005, 00:42
GET WELL SOON KYLIE!!!!!

BEST CELEBRITY: Morgan Freeman from LIS-LHR on my 21st birthday...he was lovely, quiet, never asked for a thing, just fit in like any other passenger.

WORST CELEBRITY: Naomi Campbell (LHR-ATH) or Cher (NCE-LHR)...Can't decide who. Naomi kicked off about having to carry her own bag and spent the whole flight wearing a face mask over her mouth and nose, and Cher had a mini nervous break down or something, chucked down her knife and fork and started yelling and screaming about how terrible the food was (after she'd eaten half of it)

fourplay
18th May 2005, 04:38
My claim to fame....

Once pashed Ricky Martin.... Then I woke up.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

A300Man-2005
18th May 2005, 05:20
What does pashed mean Fourplay?

SkySista
18th May 2005, 08:15
Yes, all the best for Kylie!!

Well as a pax (waiting at the airport that is) I seem to always run into the bloke from 60 Minutes... RIchard something. Always talking on the phone and tapping away at laptop....

the funny thing was, I was thinking "Hmmmm, I know that voice, and the face is familiar..."

He was obviously trying to 'blend in", when the TV above his head launched into a loud advert for... you guessed it, 60 Minutes, with his face and voice plastered across the screen! I swear every person in the terminal went "hnuuuh?" and turned to look at him again..... :}

Also once saw Miss Kidman walking down the street in Sydney, very tall and willowy she is, even taller than you think. Wished to take a picture but felt rude as she was going about her day, so didn't.

Now kind of regret that. Apparently no-one else really saw it was she, guess people in Sydney are used to it!!! :D

Flip Flop Flyer
18th May 2005, 09:34
One flew in J LHR-JFK next to someone who, apparently, was a celebrity - you know, some dimwit who's famous for being known. Who he was, I wouldn't know but probably someone who thought he was somebody in the UK. Anyway, he's bitching and moaning, being obnoxious and very rude to the FAs, and after about an hour I'd had enough. Asked the kind hostie if she could possibly relocate me, as I was getting fed listing to this idiot (direct quote, if I may add). Poor girl had had a very hard time with this scumbag too, so she said there was a seat available in First. "Celebrity" goes into a fist and starts bitching the usual "don't you know who I am" and "I should get the upgrade". At that point in time I was standing up in the aisle, so I leaned over the bozo, grabbed him by the collar and threathend to beat the living daylight out of him if he didn't shut the f. up. Suddenly, a loud burst of applaus rang out through the cabin.

Was handed 3 bottles of Jack D. by the number one on arrival :ok:

PS
I've flown with Helena Christensen too once. She still forms a significant part of my wet dreams :E

Left Wing
18th May 2005, 10:11
Do Kylie, Tom Cruise, Morgan Freemanand the lot still fly on airlines rather than private jets ?

SkySista
18th May 2005, 10:12
Well, I'd think Kylie would be exclusively BA, now, since she has the endorsement deal!!

Plus I guess a private jet is a big ask for particular routes... :)

fourplay
18th May 2005, 12:41
A300,

It means a passionate kiss... hence (pash) I know we Aussies bastardise the English language.

Anyway he was brilliant! ;) ;) ;)

redfield
20th May 2005, 00:50
I'm not a cabin crew but whatever - I flew LHR-JFK with Danni Minogue once. Apparently. Sadly I never knew who she was until the bloke who was sat behind me pointed it out, and he didn't bother to tell me until after she'd gone through customs. How annoying!:ugh:

mooguy
20th May 2005, 19:50
I work in private aviation, as do many of my hostie pals and can reveal some stories from what some of the stars are like on their own private jets!

Best- Michael Douglas, very down to earth, comes up to the cockpit and galley and chats to crew, he grew up with money and has nothing to prove, very gentlemanly!

Robin Williams- on good form known to go into impromto comedy sketches!

Kylie- no one has a bad word to say against her, total sweetie.

Nicole Kidman- shy and reserved and likes to have the flight attendant lay out a buffet for her in the galley so she can help herself, doesnt like much fuss to be made over her,very ladylike.

Worst!

Micky rourke told a friend of mine on board a private jet "I'm not an actor dont you know, I'm a boxer" and seemed a total slime!

Robert de Niro- surly, demanding and got stroppy when the capt wouldnt allow his extra baggage, then didnt talk for remainder of flight.

Elle Mcpherson- self important prima donna who let her young boy run amok in the cabin and seemed oblivious.

Julia roberts apparantely is quite sweet on her own, but the minute she has her lackies around her is obnoxious and pushy and totally changes!

Globe2004
24th May 2005, 13:37
Nicest celeb - George Michael (LHR - LAX)

Polite, friendly and a pleasure to look after

Worst (not sure if you can actually call her a celeb - even hasbeen is inacurate - maybe a "neverwas" is most acurate!)

Sheena Easton - what a complete b***h! Had been upgraded in LHR (some mistake surely?!) and proceded to be a cow to all the crew working in Upper Class (something she most certainly is NOT!). She complained to me about the service, so I offered to get a certain Mr Branson to speak to her (who was travelling on the upper deck) - funny how quickly her attitude changed after that.....

Globe

TG345
25th May 2005, 09:56
As pax on Chanex MAN-AGP the other week, sat with Keith Duffy (Boyzone, Corrie). Nice guy, gave my daughter an autograph.

sixmilehighclub
25th May 2005, 20:37
I've met a few including the Beckhams and Jarvis Cocker and the usual soap stars on flights, but the most embarassing was last week when I was flying to Nice as a passenger and spotted Jenson Button sitting in front of me, also heading out for the Grand Prix. I had been working during every race this year so wasnt up to date.

After plucking up the courage to say hello I leaned over and said " Jenson hi, just wanted to say good luck for the race this weekend", to which he answered "oh I'm not racing this weekend", me being shocked then asked him why not, to which he hesitates and says "oh erm, I was disqualified, I'm not racing until the British now" (Oh Bugger. How to feel like a Baffoon in 5 seconds flat. Thankfully it was 15 minutes to landing).

UMassCanuck
25th May 2005, 23:52
Richard Gere- Very quiet and looked depressed. When I asked him for his drink order, he took tomato juice and I mentioned that I graduated from UMass-Amherst the year before (his alma mater) and he told me to come back and talk to him when I finished with my drinks (there was only 10 PAX on an RJ). I went back to talk to him and he turned off his laptop and started asking me about how the dorms were and such. We found out that we actually lived in the same dorm. Except I lived there 30 years after him!

Anne Veneman (former US Secretary of Agriculture)- Very mean and rude as was her security detail. She demanded Pepsi when we only had Coke, and she stated that she made the request for Pepsi to be on board when she made the reservation.

Elizabeth Edwards (wife of John Edwards)- Wonderful woman. It was shortly after the election and he annoucement of having cancer. She was amazing! Very polite and asked who I voted for. I told her how I was born in Canada and that 2004 was the first election after I received US citizenship. I proudly told her I voted for Kerry and her husband. She took out her purse and handed me a "special" Kerry/Edwards lapel pin.

Brian Urlacher (US football player for Chicago Bears)- Huge guy. Very very nice. Being a Bears fan I asked for an autograph and photo and he had no problem with it.

Several WWE/WWF wrestlers- On an ATR from STL-MLI. They were headed there for a match that night and asked if I was overnighting in Moline. When I told them yes, they asked if I would want to go to the match. I told them I have always been a closet WWE/WWF fan. They took my name and told me they would make sure there was tickets for me at the arena. I figured they would forget, but they didn't and sure enough, 2 tickets for my fellow F/A and I were at will call. Pretty damn good seats too!

Pat Robertson (US Religious leader)- Very mean. Asked if I was "saved by the Lord Jesus Christ." He just asked right out of the blue. I told him that I did not feel comfortable talking about religion while I was working. He said he would pray for me.

T4Turtle
30th May 2005, 12:04
My favourite travelling celebrity was Sir Trevor McDonald enroute back from Baghdad via Amman to London before the Second Gulf War. He was effusive, engaging and not at all a 'star anchor'.Trevor said that the Iraqi people were resiliant and Trevor seemed resigned that a conflict was a certainty and soon to begin. I asked Trevor about his impression of previously meeting Presisent George W. Bush in DC; "I asked the President what he had learnt since becoming President and he replied 'I have learnt that there is good and evil in this world'"
"Is that all?!" I asked Trevor.
"Yes" replied Trevor.
I have not met a badly behaving celebrity, however, I have met so many badly behaved staff travellers my worst nightmare.

T4 Turtle

apaddyinuk
30th May 2005, 13:57
Best: Sir Cliff Richard, sat up in First, happy as a pig in muck, very polite, not afraid to have a little chat and even signed an autograph for one or two of the crew.

Worst: Dale Winton, demanded to sit in First when the cabin was unavailable. Upon refusal decided to become verbally abusive to the CSD and other members of crew to the point where he was served with a warning by the flight crew....think this is why he only flies Virgin nowadays! ha...Not that hes a real celeb anyways!

julian1602
25th Jul 2005, 02:10
This happened on terra firma but I think is still applicable: was working front desk in a hotel where a large group of people from a travelling art exhibition were staying. They gallery where the paintings were being shown was just next door. Thinking it might be worthwhile getting the artist's autogragh on one of the brochures I asked the tour manager if I could get her signature as "I am a big fan of her and her work." He just looked at me and said "She died 7 years ago."
Ok...not that big a fan...how embarrassment!:O

euromanxdude
25th Jul 2005, 12:42
Sir Norman Wisdom - flown many times with him onboard. Very funny guy - just hate it when he pretends to trip or fall down the stairs!

Samantha Mumba - my very first celeb. Slept all the way back from Dub.

Stephan Fry - sat in exit row, had to brief him. Didnt want for anything just sat there reading the times.

Alicia Silverstone - beautiful. sat in exit row as well. very polite.

Neve Campbell - also beautiful - got a wave goodbye

Clive Hornby [ aka Jack Sugden] - Jack sugeden

Scary spice - scared the hell outta me.

Rocket Scientist
25th Jul 2005, 17:40
Best

David Schwimmer - charming, a true gentlemen - even took his headphones off when I spoke to him! Very quiet.

Simon le Bon - very chatty and looking quite gorgeous these days

Yasmin le Bon - quiet - stunning with no make up on. Bitch.

Bryan Adams - very chatty, gave us tickets for his concert the next day. Loves hanging around in the galley for a gossip

George Michael - charming and handsome

Bono - lovely man - gave me a kiss when he got off!

George Cloony - what a flirt!

Worst

Englebert Humperdink (ask your Mum who he is) No eye contact. Grunted yes or no. Had been upgraded as well. A few dyded black hairs backcombed to buggery!!

Cilla Black - absolute cow.

Joan Collins - does she leave her used cutlery and plates on the floor at home, I wonder?

Princess Anne - very snooty and aloof. Lives up to her image.

Patsy Kensit - what a whingy moany whiny thing you are!

KTPops
26th Jul 2005, 10:43
Best -

Tim from Ash - Sooooo friendly and even signed my magazine with loads of kisses on! Loving that Northern Irish accent too!

Helen Mirren - very elegant and polite, looked like she was reading a script the whole flight.

Hugh Laurie - Very English, I kept wanting to shout loads of Blackadder quotes at him but managed to restrain myself!

Worst -

Alan Cumming - Rude, arrogant t**t

Eddie Izzard - So disappointed as I LOVE him! Spent the whole flight with a duvet wrapped round his head (?) and told us not to disturb him.

KTP xx

straightnotlevel
10th Aug 2005, 13:10
exec lounge celeb spotting,

andy peters (BBC), look at me , look at me !!!!

and that slimey peter mandelson fella, yuk, gave me the creeps

cavortingcheetah
10th Aug 2005, 16:37
:)
This is a really amusing thread which I have greatly enjoyed reading. Please do keep it up. Most of the so called famous names are unkown to me which means, of course, that the owners of the handles cut no mustard.
Both as passenger and flight crew I have seen, in my travelling experiences, some really disgusting passengers and I have always been more than happy to explain to the travelling public that such might not be the way to behave on board.
However, there is one type of traveller that really does seem to cause a significant amount of nuisance both for their fellow passengers and for the cabin crew. I refer to cabin crew/airline staff flying on either their own airline or on another carrier, whether positioning or on holiday, in any event, out of uniform.
Please don't all jump down my throat at once. This is not designed as a wind up or an excercise in rudery.
For sheer irritative, loudmouthed and brash behaviour what I am sure is a small minority of positioning airline staff can take some beating. They clutter up the aisles and the galleys and generally, in generalised terms, make resounding nuisances of themselves both to passenger and to crew - and, collectively or individually, they do it all night!
The more senior the staff member usually the less of a goodwill ambassador she is for the company. Don't forget that all passengers know (sic) full well that all such airline staff are travelling for free!
It is difficult to remonstrate with such people because we are all aware that they are staff and we all assume that they have a working relationship with the actual cabin crew on the flight.
A letter of complaint to the carrier might prove very effective but equally it might get the working cabin staff into trouble for not tromping on the offenders.
Tricky situations requiring much diplomacy. I, for one, have not yet come up with an equable solution to the problem.:hmm:

Middle Seat
10th Aug 2005, 19:06
This thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=177184) is one you should check in on, then cavortingcheetah.

cavortingcheetah
10th Aug 2005, 19:17
:) Thank you very much. A reasonable amount of reading and, I am sure, some excellent food for thought.
That was good of you.
cc

piperboy84
18th Aug 2005, 06:56
Been flying as pax on the LAX LHR VA flight every 2 weeks for last 4 years funny the folk you meet the bar

Sharon Osborne : Very Nice (very short, tiny in fact)
Kelly Osborne: Nice Girl
John Ritter actor (now deceased) very nice guy
Rosanne Barr : halarious
Naomi Cambell : F*****g B***h
Michael Olowokandi (Basketball star) super nice guy (ate 3 dinners, then again he is over 7 foot
Guy from Limp Bizkit: down to earth normal bloke
Macy Gray: Complete f*****g crack head
Meet the Ryder Cup Team in the lounge I do not follow golf , thought Sam Torrance was Nigel Mansell asked if he was going to a race , got a strange look !!!
Duncan from Blue: super nice guy, gave my kid an autograph
Meet some strange bloke who wanted to arrange to have his ex bumped of. told him to f**k off and leave me alone

Gotta say though, the biggest stars I have met on the flight is those lovely angels in red uniforms.

Basic T
18th Aug 2005, 09:09
Victoria Beckham and Dane Bowers: STN - IBZ

Purser informed us once we had a woman onboard from Eastenders, the one shouting "RICKY!!" ??

Jordan, inbound to LGW, we specifically instructed the cabin crew to get her into the flightdeck after landing. During the descent we were thinking about all kinds of poses for her to take some pics in the flightdeck with us (only proper ones ofcourse! ;) )
After a quick uniform-standard check and some extra aftershave, there she was.....She is small but....yes they r huge! She was almost in disguise with a cap and sunglasses.
"..eeehhh, good mornig miss......eehhh we hope you had a pleasant flight....sorry about the light turbulance...and ..eehh well, here is my camera and I thought that....." she interrupted stating "Wow this flightdeck is small....bye!" ...and off she went.
The cabin crew couldn't stop laughing that day as we almost died the next sector due to the everlasting strong aftershave smell and us trying to convince ourselves that the 737 flightdeck wasn't that small really, .....ehh compared to a C172.......

The presenter with (fake?) grey hair of ITV morning show.

:D

beverleyhs
18th Aug 2005, 14:05
As a Customer Service Agent I have checked in the All Black team....really lovely guys (yes I am a Kiwi)

Also Hayley Westenra and the guy who played Grant from Eastenders.

I have found them all courteous.

1DC
20th Aug 2005, 15:51
Came back from LAX to LHR in TWA many moons ago and their seemed to be more celebs in first than mere mortals, they were all going to the Cannes film festival. I've forgotton the names of most of them but even though we had a three hour delay and stayed on the plane, everyone was well behaved. The delay was due to a fuel tank switching problem and we eventually offloaded most of the cargo and flew with the problem. Extensive personal briefing from the Captain about it, maybe he just wanted to talk to the celebs. Sylvester Stallone had the single first seat in the middle and after take off he put some eyeshades on and growled call me before we get there, and zonked out (often wonder if he took anything). Steven Spielberg had a seat at the front and was very charming to a young girl making her first flight who had been upgraded to first and sat next to him. I sat next Carol Baker and she was absolutely charming, a really nice person.She boarded the plane in an old dress and woolen cardigan and didn't look like a film star, she said it had worked because nobody had recognised her. About half an hour before arrival she picked up a big carrier bag and went to the loo, ten minutes later she returned in a nice dress and shoes and looked a million dollars. I commented on the change and she replied if people in my business can't do it who can??
One thing I noticed at Heathrow was the way they seemed to form up in order of seniority for the photographer and reporter as we were walking to immigration.

exmax
20th Aug 2005, 23:13
Shirley Bassey very rude as she boarded the aircraft many yrs ago when I was new and wouldn't say boo to a goose! She thrust her fur coat at me to put in the wardrobe for her like I was some kinda servant - ooh the temtation to tread on it in the galley:D Being the professional young lad I was at the time, just did it.
Dennis Watermans (ex Minder actor) ex wife Rula Lenska asked for an upgrade on boarding and I had great delight in telling her that club was full, but the cheek of it! My theory is, you earn so much more than a lof us, so BUY ticket like everyone else!
John Altman (ex Nasty Nick Cotton), pranced around the aircraft on a LHR-GLA just back from Barbados wearing the loudest shirt ever (obviously from his holiday) - after he boasted to me about how wonderful the island is and how I should really go there - I composed myself and said "actually, I have, my parents were born there" he didn'spent much more time in the galley!:E

Glenn Close, Sean Connery, Jeromy Irons, Hugh Grant, Michael Palin, Queen Noor of Jordan to name but a few, very nice passengers.

Michael Buble, KD Lang, Rod Stewart, Kate Blanchett - all guests in the hotel where I used to work, all very pleasant, but as for Cher and entourage - appalling behaviour, I just don't like Divas!

OzzieO
21st Aug 2005, 08:44
I just don't like Divas!

So how do you find working with some other crew then???!!!

Flying_Sarah747
21st Aug 2005, 13:05
I just did a special charter flight for 3 days, taking the England football team out to CPH and back for their friendly with Denmark...I thought they were lovely! So well behaved, very polite and friendly!

And funnily enough had Victoria Beckham and her family (minus David) back from Nice on Monday, and she was nice too. Absloutely no trouble at all!

exmax
22nd Aug 2005, 08:53
I'm not crew anymore OzzieO but I have worked with my fair share of divas yes, and thats some of the guys!:O In short, I meant, I don't like plain rudeness, arrogance and the superiority complex that some people possess.

EAAFA
22nd Aug 2005, 09:40
Good: Suzie Quatro. Very friendly, courteous and even entertained the first few rows with a story of a flight she had with Alice Cooper.

Odd: Joan Armatrading. She didn't make eye contact and whenever I spoke to her, she whispered the answer to her PA, who then answered me. "Me, myself, I" indeed! She means "Me, myself, I and my PA". She gave me the willies...

I usually find the celebrities themselves aren't as bad as their PA-s and minders. Case in point, President of Ireland on a visit to Australia was just gorgeous, but her PA-s and some of her entourage were among the biggest pack of idiots I've had on a flight. Not the best ambassadors for the Republic.:hmm:

WATABENCH
25th Aug 2005, 18:36
I work on the ground and have met a few at check-in, Havent really met any horrible ones, Nicest was Judge Jules (Radio 1 DJ and Ibiza Legend) he was really down to earth and over the moon when I got him an x-leg seat on his flight from BRS-IBZ, we had a chin wag and he even told me the release date of a record I was after and gave me a shout on his radio programme the following week - Comedy!

Also Flava Flav from rap group Public Enemy flying BRS-AMS-CPH, he was really funny and just how you see him in his videos with gold teeth and the massive clock hanging round his neck, although i think security had a few issues with the group as they went through, just try to imagine a couple of dithery old security agents with Bristolian accents trying to tel a world famous US Hip Hop group that they can't take whistles in to the aircraft cabin!

Winfield
26th Aug 2005, 00:59
What a great topic for my first post!
I was always surprised that the "Truly Great" really are just that. I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours chatting to Mel Gibson, who actually attended (and remembered) school with a couple of my friends in Sydney.

John Farnham who came on board in LAX and remembered that I had driven him (in a former job as Hire Car Driver) some 15 years before, he dragged a box of Laserdisks into the galley and we talked movies for about three hours on the LAX/SYD non-stop, one of the nicest people in the business.

Kevin Bacon, another absolute charmer who even posed for photos.

Dame Joan Sutherland, who yelled my name at the top of her voice when she spotted me, I had also driven her on a number of occasions and she didn't know that I had become Cabin Crew. She was an absolute hoot at all times.

Anthony La Paglia, another quiet modest down to earth person.

The Divine Miss "M", who dragged crew to the upstairs lounge, when QF still had one on the 200 series 747 and quizzed them on Australian vernacular. Then used it in her shows in Oz, e.g. "She bangs like a dunny door in a gale"!

Dozens of others equally as nice and then there were "The Others", people that you wouldn't feed if you didn't have to.
Boris Becker, Andrew Peacock, Pat Cash, Joan Collins, Diana Ross, Elle McPherson as others have noted :yuk: , (who the Hell does she think she is?) the whole "I only speak French" thing is so....lame., Alan Jones (ex F1 driver).

I wonder if anyone has actully succumbed to the urge to slap some of these really nasty people?

OZcabincrew
26th Aug 2005, 17:26
I had Neil Sedaka on not that long ago! Definately something going on there, i couldn't work out if his wife was his wife or just a cover? Nice guy though.

Oz

sukigirl
28th Aug 2005, 15:48
I love this thread its my favourite late night galley conversation
Here gos mine ..

Greenday - All charming and quiet throughout the flight, didnt ask for much, but kept catching billy joes eyes as i was staring at them, there really beautiful!!

Nelly - (Rap Star) And 30 of his entourage, all very pleasant though. Then saw him again 6 weeks later trying on shoes in louis vuitton on rodeo drive. Again his entourage were in tow and his 3 rolls royces and security team were waiting outside

The Cure !!!!!! - They were the best, have been a huge fan for many years and spent my teenage life idolising robert smith. He still looked the same and he has the most amazing eyes. Simon gallup was the loveliest though. His TV screen wasnt working and he was so nice about it, he kept calling me by my first name, i was melting! i told him how much of a fan i was and what my favourite cure songs are (couldnt help myself i fell to peices) Later in the flight he called me over and gave me HIS OWN copy of there new album and apologised for the state of the CD case. Nearly died on the spot!!

Kelly Osbourne - very sweet and well mannered, her freaky freind was out of it though!

Chris evans and then wife billy piper - very pleasant and funny, seemed so happy together.

Cherie blaire - Lovely lovely lady, so down to earth and kept making conversation, she spoke to me as if i was one of her daughters friends popping round for my tea!

Gail Porter - very freindly, got a bit tipsy at the bar

Vanessa Redgrave - a bit odd and doddery

Dawson from dawsons creek - sorry dont know his real name, bit of a whiner, and whats with his hair? his wife was very nice.

Cant think of anymore but im sure ive forgotten a few.

PPRuNe Pop
30th Aug 2005, 08:16
Not my forum this one but as the mods are my friends I am sure they will not mind me making a comment or two. In any case I HAVE to!

As part of my dooties I have the occasional look in on other forums like this one and found this thread. As a result I have had one of the most entertaining 30-40 minutes just enjoying what has to be one of the best I have seen on PPRuNe in all the years I have been a mod.

Falps, that is a great post of yours and I like yours too Squiddy - just what I would have done that! ;)

We could do with more threads that entertain - as well as motivate, teach, help and inform. Love it!

Keep it going please. It will help me look forward to another page in the darker moments of heavy modding.

THREAD OF THE YEAR!

Wile E. Coyote
30th Aug 2005, 19:10
Rows 1 and 2 on Concorde wern't reserveable; the folks who would be assigned those seats were chosen just before boarding. This is because the VVIPs were given those seats...

Naomi Campbell flew on Concorde fairly often but wasn't a popular passenger with either the flight crews or the ground staff.

On her last Concorde flight, she checked in and was provisionally assinged a seat in row 25, which didn't worry her because just before boarding, she'd be given a seat in row 1, or occasionally row 2.

But she ended up in row 25, was not happy so she complained to the CSD.

The CSD replied "I'm sorry Ms. Campbell but we couldn't give you a seat in rows 1 or 2, because, on this flight we have some important people traveling."

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
30th Aug 2005, 20:19
<<The CSD replied "I'm sorry Ms. Campbell but we couldn't give you a seat in rows 1 or 2, because, on this flight we have some important people traveling.">>

CSD deserves a medal!!!

What to do?
30th Aug 2005, 21:13
Hullo

How often do the pilots get to see these people? Me thinks we're more likely to see them in a copy of the in-flight mag!

Later

air_scotia
2nd Sep 2005, 17:58
who cares how often pilots get to see them were the poor sods who need to deal with them.

incidently that guy who used to host gamezone on channel 4
when he wasnt given comp drinks

"do u know who i am"
to which a stroppy colleague of mine who might i add was enjoying her last flight with us smiled and replied

"yes sir your a f**king ar**hole"

kinda puts him in perspective

hee hee hee hee

euromanxdude
19th Sep 2005, 22:17
hey guys,
dont know if any of yer guys read the daily express today - but this thread made it in it and quoted some of our experiences!:D

just to let yer all know!

happy flying
the euromanxdude

Jennie Blond
20th Sep 2005, 11:33
My, my, my. I am indeed pleased that my old post has made it onto the pages of the Daily Express.

Carry On Flying!!

Jennie Blond
BBC News
Aft Galley

Tigger4Me
20th Sep 2005, 12:01
Air Scotia’s post (page 5) reminded me of a piece I read in a magazine last month on similar lines. Quoted directly from the magazine:

“An award should go to the Virgin Airlines gate attendant in Sydney some months ago for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo. A crowded Virgin flight was cancelled after Virgin’s 767’s were withdrawn from service. A single attendant was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, “I HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS”. The attendant replied, “I’m sorry sir, I’ll be happy to try to help you, but I’ve got to help these people first, and I’m sure we’ll be able to work something out.” The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, “DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?” Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her PA mike: “May I have your attention please. May I have your attention please,” she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. “We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone here can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14.” With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said, “Stuff you!” Without flinching, she smiled and said, “I’m sorry sir, but you’ll have to get in line for that too.”

Urban myth or true account… Who knows, but it made me laugh.

With thanks and acknowledgment to ‘Country Life’ magazine, Spain.

sinala1
20th Sep 2005, 13:14
Quoted directly from the magazine
Ah dont you love accurate journalism... Virgin does not operate B767's at all for any airline, and Virgin does also does not have a 'first class' to speak of (Upper Class yes, but not First Class)... that story has done the rounds so many times with different airline names attached to it - I am glad to see once again journalistic integrity being exercised! :hmm:

maxrated
20th Sep 2005, 14:23
Flew all the Spice Girls , and their Mum's, on their Sth African Safari tour, nice and down to earth people, really undemanding, they even went really low budget, flew them in a Cessna Caravan, not wasting their boss's money on expensive jets or turboprops.

Kiri Tekanawa, the opera diva was also great, signed an autograph for my Mom.

Spanish and Norwigian royal families were also a pleasure to fly , as are the Getty Family from the US.

Michael Douglas the actor, is a first class gentleman.

Kate Moss was really chilled and charmingly polite, although she's much smaller in real life.

Havnt had any bad celeb experiences.

Doors to Automatic
20th Sep 2005, 14:43
Not met this diverse bunch on flights per se but here goes:

Pete Waterman - Really nice guy, took time to talk to everyone and pose for photos

Daniel Bedingfield - Took time out after concert to meet and chat to fans (was with my sister hasten to add!).

Michael Greco (ex Eastenders) - very amiable and friendly

Felix Buxton (Basement Jaxx) - In my class at school. Top bloke.

Eddie "the Eagle" Edwards - met recently whilst he was studying law - great laugh

Yet to meet a bad one.

apaddyinuk
20th Sep 2005, 14:58
HOT OFF THE PRESS....

Just had Maggie Smith (Prof McGonegal = Harry Potter, Also in First Wives clubs and millions of other british and US movies) on a flight. Only one word can describe her.....LADY!!!!! She was a delight to have onboard!

Damienmk
20th Sep 2005, 16:20
As pax not crew:

I met Alan Shearer (Current Newcastle Captain, former England Captain) on a flight back from Barbados and he was a complete gentleman.

Met Billy Connolly at LHR and he was as funny in person as he is on the TV.

Shared a plane with Tony Blair to Bermuda and he was quiet throughout the flight. It seemed really strange seeing your Prime Minister sitting in Club World, not first!! You'd never see an American President doing that!!!

apaddyinuk
20th Sep 2005, 18:52
Actually Damien,
Im surprised he was in Club. He usually travels in Traveller when hes paying for himself. I just flew him self and Cherie over (and subsequently back...he even recognised me the second time) to Barbados sitting down the back, although they did get an exit row! I have also taken him to bermuda down the back a number of months back!!!
But I believe its simply a choice they have made to try and be "one" with their subjects!!! LOL!

ice_with_that
26th Apr 2006, 19:13
Jim Davidson - invited me to his hotel..... (no I didn't!)
Gypsy Gings - gave us an impromptu gig
Mohammed Ali - punch drunk but lovely
Queen Nora (of Jordan) - friendly and a dream pax
Boris Becker - well behaved, nice quiet pax
Duran Duran (plus wives, children and hangers-on) - your worst nightmare
Princess Anne - wanted no fuss whatsoever

Davaar
26th Apr 2006, 20:10
[COLOR=deeppink]Have found that most celebs are just like..... normal people. ;)
Best one ever for me was tennis player Jimmy Connors.

On one flight he and I were in adjacent seats. PAs fluttered around, but not around me. My ignorance of his importance was, I suppose, evident, so he and I were introduced. I confessed that I had not known who he was. As it turned out, he had not known who I was. Still am, actually. Those hurdles overcome, we had a pleasant trip. I think his Mum was in the row behind.

BaronChotzinoff
26th Apr 2006, 23:33
I 'ad that Yehudi Menuhin in the back of the plane once.

BaronChotzinoff
26th Apr 2006, 23:48
Boris Becker - well behaved, nice quiet pax

I'll bet that was only because there's no broom cupboard on an aeroplane though.

agent x
27th Apr 2006, 07:07
Best:

We had Lionel Richie checking-in at our desks a year or so back. As he walked up to the desk and said 'hello?'...the check in agent could'nt resist the reply 'is it me you're looking for?'. Total cliche line I know but he broke out in a big smile, asked her to get off her check-in desk and gave her a big hug. He must have heard it a thousand times but still appreciated it, such a lovely guy, totally down to earth.

Colin Powel the US Senator, very polite and all round nice guy.

Ruud Vannistelrooy (dodgy spelling!) footballer - I used to check him in every week to AMS, used to make me all dithering and unnecessary at check-in (cos I thought he was quite fit!:E ), when I asked him why he always came to my desk he said with a smile and a wink it was cos I was always looked so happy and welcoming when i saw him and always made him feel special...well that was it...me red as a beetroot, totally tongue tied with brain meltdown:\ ..i think he knew why but must have loved the attention cos after that, week after week he still always came to my desk rather than those of my female colleagues!

Worst:

Jeremy Kyle sat in our Lounge being very loud, vile, obnoxious with a total 'Don't you know who I am attitude'

Eddy
27th Apr 2006, 07:37
Ah dont you love accurate journalism... Virgin does not operate B767's at all for any airline...

Actually, hun, Virgin used to operate the Boeing 767-300. They leased one of the aircraft from Martinair of Holland and kept it for the best part of four years between early 1996 and late 1999.

As for "celebs", on my last flight I had Frankie Dittorri (sp?) both ways to and from HKG. He seems to like chatting with females but not males. Fine by me.

I'm also carried Nigel Mansell (Very nice man), Mel Smith (of Smith & Jones - also a very nice, but quiet, man), Gerri Hall + Jade Jaggar (both pleasant but deadly quiet), Will Mellor (didn't speak to him - didn't care!), That "I predict a riot" group (nice guys - like their Johnny Walker!), Victoria Beckham (absolutely delightful), Jane Fonda (nice) and a group of 9 members of the Omanese Royal Family (they are absolutely lovely people - flew them in July of last year and then again in December and they remembered my name and greeted me with handshakes and one hug.... How lovely!).

That's all I can remember just now.

Tolsti
27th Apr 2006, 10:04
Iam not crew but flew as pax on Orient Airlines from Moscow to Vladivostok in
1995 on an IL62.
This particular airlines had 3 classes.... Business, Standard and Economy. I was in Business on my own and the group Boney M filled Standard Class.
All went swimmingly until Vladivostok where a set of local dignitaires,press and flower girls in national dress bearing traditional gifts of bread and salt were waiting to welcome Boney M at the bottom of the steps.
Up got Boney M en masse heading for the steps only to be halted by a lady from the cabin crew who insisted that Business Class gets off before Standard Class and there was no way she was making an exception. So off I went down the steps and all these people headed for me cameras flashing etc.... only to have to stop and do it all again when the real Boney M appeared!!!
To cap it all the minibus sent to pick them up was sat there with a flat tyre and they had to get on one of the cattle transporters that the rest of us had to use to get to the terminal.

armrest_down
27th Apr 2006, 10:22
Had Deborah Hutton onboard in J class. Partner and I both working in J. Partner was/is a big fan and was 'too shy' to work her side of the cabin. I made mention of this to her and she asked for his address. 3 days later, an 8" x10" signed picture arrived signed saying: 'dear ....., Keep smiling, love Deborah xx'. True Story. :ok:

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
27th Apr 2006, 10:25
A question to check in and flight crew...

How do you know these people are celebrities? - Especially when they travel using their real names?

Are there "VIP" or similar marks by certain pax names on the passenger lists and computers?

Or do you simply go off Airline FF cards, the class they are travelling in or by simply recognising them?

My celebrities seem to all be current or ex footballers on the MAN-LHR shuttle - most seem alright and they travel regularly enough for the crew to recognise them, it seems.

Dan Winterland
27th Apr 2006, 11:09
What a great thread. Not suprised it's been picked up by a national newspaper.

How can you tell the celebs? Well, the famous ones you should recognise, the less famous ones will tell you!

I'm form the flight deck, so my expereince of dealing with them is limited. But one thing I found when flying for Virgin Atalntic was that it seemd to be the airline of choice for a lot of minor celebs, not because of it's image but because not having a first class, the 'celebs' could sit in the posh bit of the aircraft and not have to pay first class prices. I don't remeber one LA trip without some celeb causing a fuss.

flyblue
27th Apr 2006, 11:19
When they are real celebrities they arrive on board last, and escorted, or with a company agent. In some cases I've even had someone arrive not from the gate but on the tarmac with a police escort. I also had in a few occasions the person with his/her group book the whole First Class for privacy.
In other cases I've realised I had someone famous on board because I checked the PIL. Sometimes they don't look at all in real life like in movies or pictures...

sinala1
27th Apr 2006, 11:55
Thanks for the clarification Eddy :) However my statement was correct in the context of the article quoted, and was also made in the present tense, not the past :ok:

GorgeousKiwiGal
27th Apr 2006, 12:24
Oooh I've had a few celebs on board over the years ...

Peter Jackson (Lord Of The Rings director. Had him on almost weekly for a while whilst he was promoting the films. Very lovely, somewhat shy, remembered my name and always indulged in conversation)
Most of the Lord Of The Rings Cast (Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom, Sean Astin, Liv Tyler ... all really lovely and one of them was very flirty! Fellow CC member at my former airline spent the night with one of the lads)
Princess Anne (absolutely lovely, very polite, smiley and unassuming)
Robbie Williams (very cheeky, EXTREMELY flirty and wouldn't take "no" for an answer when it came to inviting me to his concert/after-party/hotel. I went to the show, met him again but declined the rest of the "offer", esp as my fiancé at the time was with me! LOL)
Gwyneth Paltrow (very quiet, kept to herself, just pulled her hat down over her eyes and slept the entire time)
Rod Stewart's and Rachel Hunter's kids with Aunt (or nanny, not sure which) ... very lovely kids, awesome manners and head to toe in Louis Vuitton and designer gear
Nicky Watson (polite enough, swears like a trooper, insanely tall and yes her "assets" really are enormous)

+ lots of footballers (worked a charter for the Brazillian soccer team and entourage ... that was an experience!), rugby players and minor television personalities.

Ex flatmate has Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods and Tom Cruise on the same flight and said they were all amazing.

DAISYDOLLY
27th Apr 2006, 12:47
I had Colin Farrell on a flight. He slept in just his pants in upper class!!! He had a thing with the in flight beuty therapist down route in Miami!!!! I have also had Leonardo Di Caprio who was a little bit odd to say the least!!! There has been so many!!!!!

Gatwick07
28th Apr 2006, 10:15
Best: Peter Andre and Jordan. Nice, down to earth, Peter chatted to us.

Worst: Charlie Brooks, Eastenders. Didn't say thankyou, didn't say anything come to think of it!

Karma-Air
30th Apr 2006, 20:05
The Karmic Celeb Charts

Best=

1) Sir Trevor McDonald (ITN Newscaster) – (3 Flights) The epitomy of a ‘Sir’ – fun, engaging, one of life’s true ‘patricians’.
2) Nelson Mandela – An enigma in a seat. (No comment about Winnie – who he was then married to…and co traveller on UK visit many moons ago). CC said he wanted to use his own SA chilli sauce with everything. Came upstairs for a long chin-wag.
3) Bryan Adams – said he was straight but fancied me. He asked if he could stroke my hair and I let him. Stroked something in me….er..em…(especially as I’d never heard of him before). Fun & genuine!

Worst= (Allegedly….in case I get sued…..)

1) Cilla – She’d got sat in rows 5&6/J/K in the old ‘classic’ BA F/C setup. Wanted FD to come down and explain why she was sat next to the ‘**** house’. (5&6 were beside the loos….but..not exactly ‘in them’…hehe). Told CSO(CSD) to just ‘do whatever’. Got a running commentary throughout the flight of all the shenanigans from her and family. So much so, that we ‘refused’ a FD visit request, much to the CSO’s (crews) glee.
2) Princess M – (The one who liked Famous Grouse & Cigs) - 4 in entourage upgraded at check-in from Y to J. Then on boarding to F. Gave CC such a run-around that I came down to have a chat and found her to be one cucumber sandwich short of a Buckingham Palace tea party.
3) Joan Collins – (allegedly) – from crew comments in the days post the u/d ‘lounge’ when, for a short while the classic BA 747-136 had F/C in both A-zone and the u/d. Anyone ‘who was ‘anybody’ (ahem…) was sat in A zone F/C. The rest were sat upstairs…sorta thing…. Seemingly JC, on boarding, asked CC if there was ‘anyone she needed to know about’ sat downstairs. To which, a list was read off. JC seemingly shrieked when ‘Vidal Sassoon’ was mentioned and asked CC to tell him that she was sat upstairs and he was welcome to come and visit anytime, to which he allegedly replied…’tell the b*1tch to fe*k aw*f’. Message was diplomatically returned.

K

xana
30th Apr 2006, 20:17
3) Bryan Adams – said he was straight but fancied me. He asked if he could stroke my hair and I let him. Stroked something in me….er..em…(especially as I’d never heard of him before). Fun & genuine!

didn't quite get this bit...:\

PPRuNe Radar
1st May 2006, 00:47
Dan Winterland

I'm form the flight deck, so my expereince of dealing with them is limited.

Yeah mate ... we can tell by your spelling ;)

But one thing I found when flying for Virgin Atalntic was that it seemd to be the airline of choice for a lot of minor celebs, not because of it's image but because not having a first class, the 'celebs' could sit in the posh bit of the aircraft and not have to pay first class prices. I don't remeber one LA trip without some celeb causing a fuss.

:p :p :p :ok:

NZ X man
1st May 2006, 01:30
Dan Winterland

Yeah mate ... we can tell by your spelling ;)

:p :p :p :ok:

What do you mean "WE", you got a mouse in your pocket?

britanniaboy
1st May 2006, 02:01
What a fantastic post!!

Flying charter, celebs tend to be a bit thin on the ground, but over the last few months I've heard that we carried Fern Britton (absolute joy and as she seems on TV) and Jo O'Meara of S-Club fame (also an absolute gem of a PAP).

When I first started flying for Go (the great LCC swallowed up by easyJet :{ ) one of my friends had taken Kylie out to IBZ and said that she just sat down and kept herself to herself.

Personally,

BEST:

Ian Kelsey (that bloke from Causalty and Emmerdale) and John Parrot (snooker player) and some other low-key celebs formed the bulk of our PAX on a STN-FAO flight as they were off to do a celeb golf match. With them, their mates and the organisers taking up 20 of our 25 rows, and all of them enjoying a good drink and standing in aisles once we'd finished up services, they could have been the PAX from hell.

Instead they were unbelievably lovely: courteous, polite, kept the noise down. As the flight went on Ian Kelsey and John Parrot stood out for me as they started calling the three of us crew by our names (in a nice, chatty way) and were quite happy to chat to us down the back. Had never really fancied Mr Kelsey before, but he's bloody tall and built like a brick poo house - and he smelled DIVINE!!!

WORST:

Kay Adams (Loose Women) - still like her on TV and all, but her and husband were sat in exit row and when I attempted to brief them and the other PAX in the row about the door their heads remained in their papers. When they didn't acknowledge me trying to brief them I stopped mid sentence and waited til they realised I was waiting for them. Also, didn't look up or say please/thank you when we went down with drinks. Still, I give her benefit of the doubt as she could have had an off day and know from my mum that she's always been "normal" and chatty when dropping her daughter off at same school as my siblings went.

Nick Nairn ("Celebrity" chef) total W****r, and his wife was just as rude. Asked them if they could fasten lapstrap round the little one as I did cabin secure for T/O to which his response was that "I'll do it when we're closer to taking off" in a none-too friendly tone. Naturally my response was along the lines of "no, you'll do it now."

tuismile
1st May 2006, 15:25
Well I've just come of a flight from PFO and I had celebrity chef Ross Burden (From Ready, Steady, Cook).....Absolute minger in real life!!! And so obnoxious!!! Didn't even notice it was him...was boarding at the door and he came on with really flakey skin...when i say flakey....I mean his flakes were blowing in my face!!!! :ugh:

He then decided to come into the back galley and chat :mad: all flight....then he patted me on the back and put his arm round me!! not pleasant!!! Tried to come on to a colleague but she was soooo not having it!!! Hope I don't have him on a flight again!!

Best celebrity would have to be Andrea the weather woman from GMTV!!! She is sooooo lovely.....not very famous but still a lovely person...never wanted much...said her P's and Q's..pleasure to have on board.

Worst- Vanessa Felts- I work for a charter airline and charters don't do newspapers!!! Had the biggest go at me for not having newspapers...asked if she could have the flight deck's instead!
Broke the seat she was sitting in... instead of sitting on the chair, she'd fall into it...had her feet up on the person's seat in front of her... Had a go because we don't sell apple juice....kept poking me!!!
Her daughter had crutches and kept poking me with that too... It got to the point to where I said to her..."madam if you do that to me again...I will break your crutches in half!"

AND!! I had her again on the way home a week later... with her two daughters.... She came up to me and we had a little chat... then she said that her and her dughters were on the beach and she was soo suprised that no one came up to them!!! I was just thinking it's beause you're all mingers!!!!!!

Anyway just thought I'd get that off my chest!!!!

Ciao!!!
xxxx

Karma-Air
1st May 2006, 18:20
didn't quite get this bit...:\

As a bloke.....I found him quite fun & 'flirty'....that's all really.

k

Getoutofmygalley
2nd May 2006, 16:23
I have never had a worst, but I have had 3 that were absolutely lovely.

The first was Noel Edmonds who made a point of making sure his family paid attention to the safety demo. At the end of the flight he even made sure that his family crossed the seatbelts, removed all the gash from the seat pockets and redressed the seat pockets so they were in the same state as when his family had borded.

The other one was Gloria Hunniford who gave me a lovely smile and a cheery "hello" as she borded. She was chatty with the crew during the flight and was more than happy to wait behind after the rest of the pax got off so we could have our photo taken with her. She is lovely on tv and absolutely lovely in real life.

I also had one of my football crushes on once, the guys name is Chris Coleman who used to play for Crystal Palace (Yes, I am their only fan) and then transferred to Fulham FC - poor guy had a nasty car crash and couldn't play again. He then became Fulham's manager. As I saw him walking through the door I instantly recognised him and said to him "Oh my God, Mr Coleman, I used to watch you play for Crystal Palace" to which he replied "Then you are showing your age then mate" in a jokey way. On the flight back we experienced quite severe turbulence during the service, so I ended up sat on the floor by him with my trolley, chatting till the bumping about stopped. Never before have I been so glad to encounter turbulence :E

Ozzy
2nd May 2006, 21:49
From what I can tell from reading these types of threads, Cilla Black & Joan Collins seem to come off as right bitches!:E

Ozzy

frank foxworth
2nd May 2006, 23:50
I carried Mel Gibson in 4A SYD/LAX many years ago.

He slept most of the way only waking up to smoke another Winston cigarette.(cripes shows how long ago it was !)

Didn't eat or drink the whole flight of 12hrs+ except for 1 can of Fosters beer and glasses of H20.

Dream passenger , pleasant , affable and polite and only too happy to sign autographs for the crew along with
his boarding pass and first class menu which he gave to me (subsequently lost in a house move- dang )

OzzieO
3rd May 2006, 08:03
Just got in from Singapore. Carried Ben Shepperd in business class. I was working down the back but according to the crew looking after him he just wanted to be left alone. Probably knackered poor guy all the jetting about for breakfast television his been doing.

But I tell you what the guy is seriously FIT!

panda-k-bear
3rd May 2006, 11:47
agent x mentioned "Jeremy Kyle"

For my own edification, who the hell is Jeremy Kyle?

Eddy
3rd May 2006, 11:48
agent x mentioned "Jeremy Kyle"
For my own edification, who the hell is Jeremy Kyle?

Perhaps the worst chat show host in the world, ever.

Tigger4Me
3rd May 2006, 11:51
He presents one of those dreary confrontational type chat shows on UK TV. You know the type of thing; "My mother's lesbian lover ate my hamster." The :mad: some people watch never ceases to amaze me.

Dash Of Soda
5th May 2006, 01:37
I've had the pleasure of meeting a few celebs/personalities over the past several years when I was flying...

Great Ones that come to mind are:

Kylie Minogue - chatted during the flight, gave Crew autographs and signed photos, only request was a big bottle of water, really sweet and grateful and down to earth gal. Yes, she is soooo petite and tiny little hands. Shook my hand when she disembarked. She was a real treat!

Cate Blanchett - very polite and chatty, no fuss and unassuming. She had a gorgeous Prada handbag that became a topic of our conversation!

Mimi Macpherson - very funny and a great sense of humour (I am sure the J Class red wine helped and all the cheese and biccies I scrounged for her!). It was worth it, she was a real scream.

Matchbox 20 (the band) - really cool guys and very friendly to all the crew on board.

Dead Or Alive (the band) - all sat in the last row of seats in Economy. Few of us had a micro rendition of their hit song at the time, "You Spin Me Round"! That was a hoot of a flight.

Belinda Green (former Miss World) - she was on her way to tape a segment on 'Good Morning Australia'. No makeup, casual dress and a really beautiful person to talk to and looks fantastic. Very down to earth and asked all about my flying career...that was sweet.

Gai Waterhouse (racehorse trainer) - now this lady was hilarious. Such good spirits, immaculately dressed and ever so friendly. They had just won the Qantas Cup and she was travelling on Ansett...the whole J Class cabin wanted to see the trophy!

George Denikian (sp?) TV Presenter - a FF at the time. Knew Crew on first name basis, really friendly and chatty on every flight.

Other really nice ones who certainly rate a mention in my opinion, have to be: Jo Bailey (TV Presenter), Sandra Sully (TV Presenter)...she is just beautiful, an absolute sweet person.
Lisa Forrest (former Olympic swimmer)...always saw her in Economy and very unassuming who never asked for anything.

The not so good ones that I experienced:

Iain Hewittson (TV Chef), Ernie Dingo (TV Presenter) - both had that 'talk to the hand' kinda attitude :eek: ....oh and Hewittson didn't like the a/c food (surprise, surprise!) LOL

Anyway...that's my two cents worth. At the end of the day...they are just people like others have said. Great subject! :ok:

DASH x

panda-k-bear
5th May 2006, 11:48
Thanks for clearing that up - he's somebody who's a nobody then? I always like the answer to the question "Do you know who I am?" which goes along the lines of "Doris, could you help this gentleman please. He seems to have forgotten who he is."

WeLieInTheShadows
5th May 2006, 12:13
Funny bunch aren't they celebs?

JIM DAVIDSON (Has been comic) - W***er

DANNI MINOUGUE (Aussie singer) - I love you! Lovely person, tiny, fantastic skin.

JULIE WALTERS (Actress) - Lovely, nicer than all the other customers in club.

MANCHESTER UNITED (Team of 2000) - Alex Fergerson joking about my demo, after they just got beat 4 - 0.

ALANIS MORRISETTE (Depressing singer) - Small, frail, Asleep.

IAN WRIGHT (Footballer) - Top guy

HALE & PACE (Comic double act) - Funny as you like!

ALAN SHEARER (Footballer) - Nice chap

STEVE CRAM (Runner) - Nice chap

LORD SNOWDON (English Gent) - Old

LAWRENCE LOWWELYN BOWEN (Arty house doer upper) - Odd

RONNIE BARKER (Comic) - So funny, lovely guy

BONEY M (80s pop band) - Left one of them behind despite them telling us "who they were"

I'm sure there are more but they can't have made much of an impression can they?

My better half has carried a few good ones.....

SVEN GORAN ERICSSON (Current England Manager) - Hypnotically lovely apparently, makes you feel like the only girl in the world that matters.

LEMMY FROM MOTORHEAD (Ageing rocker) - Nice guy, haggered by years excess, cool as you like.

MEATLOAF - (Large rocker/singer) - Nicest guy you will ever meet and funny with it!

EVA HERTZIGOVA (Wonderbra model/supermodel) - Drinks Stella from the can! Top girl!

PHIL VICKERY (TV Chef) - Charming and gorgeous.

There you go....

My top of the shop as you can tell is DANNI MINNOGUE. She is so nice and so SMALL, but so gorgeous!

dikkes
8th May 2006, 19:24
Good
Arcbishop Tutu - Brilliant, down to earth
Graca Machel - What a lady!
Francios Pienaar - Down to earth chatted to all and sundry.
Sarah Ferguson - a hoot, sent all the F/C crew a signed portrait
Brian McKnight Cool dude allowed crew to be photographed with him
Natalie Cole - Stunning manners
Kenneth Clarke - Well mannered
George Hamilton - Well manmered and chatty
Aussie cricket team 2004 (touring SA) - pleasure to have on board, gave autographs to anyone who asked, not one grump.

Bad
Noami Campbell - sat with a "nose-bag" covering her nose, scared of germs?
Winnie Mandela - B***ch de-luxe, upgraded herself and security detail and challenged crew to do something about it. At that time nothing could be done.(Politically challenging times)
Minor celebs (home grown) of the "do you know who I am" type

6chimes
8th May 2006, 22:52
John Hurt: down to earth, friendly, nice bloke.
Gordon Brown: Arrogant tosser.
Chris Rea: Nice chap.
Paris hilton: The most hideous woman I have ever met.
Chris Moyles: Really nice, came into the galley and chatted for ages, posed for pics.
David Seamen: Really nice man.
Gerri Halliwell: So up herself.
Sir Bobby Charlton: Lovely man.
Jason Donovan: Nice bloke, needed rehab at the time.
Cilla Black: Arrogant.
Jordan: Really nice girl.
Mark from Take that: Down to earth and friendly.
Jerry Hall: Obnoxious.

All the above are my own observations and do not in any way represent the true characters of those named, or that they may have been acting completely out of character whilst under the influence of fame or something else..............

navibrator
9th May 2006, 12:22
What a fantatstic thread - any chance of it being made into a book and it being sold for charity? It would make a fortune.

Being a Mil FJ Nav, some consider me to be the pax. But I can carry bags like the rest of 'em! Can we have one which highlights crabby cabincrew?

Great stuff.

Colonel Klink
9th May 2006, 16:40
I'm Flight Deck with easyJet and we get loads of celebs as you would expect!! Actually, the few we have had have been very nice; the list includes Suzi Quattro, Bob Geldoff and Gabby Roslin who was travelling from Faro to LTN and brought her little daughter Libby-Jack up the front to meet us before we started up. Stelios, who has become a celeb in his own right used to be up the FD all the time before 9/11 and was charming and interesting and used to jump out of his seat to chat to the pax for the entire flight.

ezybus
11th May 2006, 12:53
brittaniaboy get over it. If GO were do great as you had suggested, how come they are not around today????????????

Maybe not so great after all?????

ezybus
11th May 2006, 13:01
well in the last year, i have had Zara Philips, cilla black, kevin bacon, victoria beckham, peter kay, ann charleston, steve mcfadden, lucy benjamin, will young, lulu, graham norton, chantelle & preston, sharon ozbourne, pam ann!, bev collard, helen worth, martin kemp, micheal grecco, pat butcher, terry wogan, supernanny, gloria hunniford, trisha goddard, gary lucy, charlie dimmock, kerry mcfaden, faye ripley and more on easyjet from gatwick

Flibbertigibbet
12th May 2006, 22:15
Best.

Kylie Minouge-looked after her Syd-Mel was very sweet and had a cup of tea. Very polite.
Gai Waterhouse- always picture perfect and kind. Makes me imagine that this is what movie stars of days gone by would have been like.

Worst.

Mikhail Baryshnikov- (dancer) soooo rude thought it was jet-lag but by end of flight just thought he was a pig.
Kim Beazley- rude all the way from Perth to Syd!
Christine Anu- thinks she is pretty good.
Georgie Parker- very silly........ not rude just annoying and very loud.

Coppelia
13th May 2006, 15:24
Some years ago on a BRU-NCE flight, Jean-Claude Van Damme during the Cannes Festival.

Had bought an Y/C ticket, travelling with his wife.

He tried to be upgraded the whole flight long (!), asked to see all the luxury items and eventually didn't buy anything, and playing seduction games with the FA with his wife next to him... SHE was nice however, but him... :yuk:

theskyboy
13th May 2006, 16:44
Gloria Hunniford was lovely, she just beams and exudes this glow about her. She looks just like she does on the TV.

Cliff Richard also seemed like a pretty nice guy, said he didn't want people to recognise him but still insisted on wearing one of the bright patterned shirts he seems to like so much.

David Coulthard gave me a signed post card for my mate who's a scottish F1 nut. Nice touch.

Prince Charles & Prince Harry, didn't really see them as I was working down the back. Harry asked me where the toilet was as they were disembarking in JNB. They took up the whole of F and J on the main deck. It was quite something.

Have yet to meet any horrible celebs, but bring it on!:ok:

Edited for crap spelling.

tiggerific_69
13th May 2006, 17:28
Victoria Beckham on EZY?!??!
Id have thought they'd have a private jet made by Boeing and Chanel or something...

raviolis
14th May 2006, 12:34
Cherie Blair flew Ryanair to the opening of the Winter Olympics in Turin last February !
:-)

apaddyinuk
15th May 2006, 18:19
I just had (Excuse the spelling) Englebert Humperdink on a flight to the East Coast the other day...man he can knock back the Beringer!!!

Jetlagged Purser
18th May 2006, 09:21
I just had (Excuse the spelling) Englebert Humperdink on a flight to the East Coast the other day...man he can knock back the Beringer!!!
He was on a flight of mine at Pan Am from San Francisco to Las Vegas in the early 80's, drank Johnny Walker Black and Coke. Seemed very nice at the time, but, the flight was short.

mattparks100
24th May 2006, 23:14
This is totally from a passengers point of view, but from that I have flown on flights with both Mary J Blige and Anastacia. Mary J was lovely - genuine, chatty, and had no heirs or graces. Anastacia on the other hand... nothing could be done quick enough (food served, onboard massage etc)... not that she said a lot about it, but her assistant certainly did!! Like I say though, this is just me, and should in no way be taken to always be true to life - we all have off days after all!!

tallulah1978
25th May 2006, 11:20
BEST:
Claire King AKA Kim Tate from Emmerdale and The Governor in Bad Girls
Travelling with her mum on JET2.com from LBA to AGP. Both lovely, incognito in big sexy sunglasses both ordered G&T's. She travels out there regularly so hopefully I'll see her again.

The Late Richard Whitely of Countdown fame travelled regularly with jet2 and was and absolute diamond with the crew. Very pleasant and generous.

Kaiser Chiefs - just like any other group of lads on a flight - most of the oldies on the flight to FAO didn't know who they were anyway!

Chesney Hawkes - was an absolute darling and gave personal message and autograph to Senior which is still displayed in crew room to this day. He is the one and only!

WORST
Sian Lloyd (Weatherwoman) and her MP Husband
Travelling on Hebridian Charter from Sardinia to STN - She was Rude, strange and very self important. Firstly, embarassed herself on boarding - we had prepared flutes of champagne in the galley which we would distribute once pax seated before t/o. She barged between myself and senior on boarding to reach through and grab two glasses. We didn't even need to say anything - just a paddington bear stare and other pax faces made her realise what she'd done. She then complained because we had the The Times and The Guardian but not the newspaper she wanted. She was sat at emergnecy exit at overwings and barely listened to my briefing and was not overjoyed about sitting there - offered to move them to back of aircraft but would mean sitting with the Cruise Ship Crew - they refused - she kept schtum and stared out of the window and played with her stuffed tiger. Sitting between her and hubby was a big stuffed tiger who was treated as a baby for the whole flight - she kicked off when told would need to place stuffed lion in locker for t/o. What a tantrum. When giving out hot towels requested one for tiger and proceeded to wipe it's face. MP hubby didn't say two words. By the way in person - she looks like a wide-mouthed frog (i only insult people who are rude to me first!) meeee-oooooooow!

That's my lot!

cavortingcheetah
26th May 2006, 06:15
;)

It might amuse you to know that an anagram of Sian Lloyd's name reveals:
'Loins Lady'.
Her husband, Liberal Democrat Lembik Opik:
'I like to b MP.'
Just a little trivia for a rainy morning.:D