PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know how I can convert my FAA CPL into JAR, to work in Europe ?

Strong Winds
27th Dec 2000, 06:26
I am a Commercial pilot from Argentina and IŽd love to go work in the UK or Spain. Fortunately I have a European passport so a working permit wonŽt be needed. Anybody that knows how to do that please get back to me.
Also has any of you flown a Dash-8 before ?

How do you like it ?

Hope to hear from you soon !!!!

SW.

neil armstrong
29th Dec 2000, 15:17
Hello Strong Winds,
I converted my Faa Atpl to A (Great Britain) Caa Atpl and i had to do all the written tests (17 in total) and the flight tests(2 in total)
I did have 3000 hrs but this only ment that i didnt have to do the set courses.
Under Jar thinks have changed but mostly backwards on the training front.
Let me know or you would like more information.
Happy New Year
Neil
Ps
I have never flown the dash 8
but i live in GB and i would advise to move to Spain and not this funny little Island

[This message has been edited by neil armstrong (edited 29 December 2000).]

AeroBoero
30th Dec 2000, 18:56
SW ;

I am doing this right now. What need to happen , is the 14 written exams done. If you have to go trhough the 650 Hrs class that the JAR/FCL ask , that goes from the CAA of the country you choose to do so (stay away from Holland). UK , despite the general complaints of the UK nationals(and others) ,seems to be the place where the things works. There is no such thing as a "we are here to help you" civil aviation authoroty (around the world), but some work better than others.
After the theory , you need to "re-check" IFR and Comm (Multi if you have too). After that , you're finisished with the process and ready to deal with the Medicals and check for rest of your flying life with the JAA.
Now....did you flew/fly to SW?

Hope this give you some help!

Regards

AB