PDA

View Full Version : Where can I do a Holmes-Wright lantern test?

grob103
23rd Oct 2000, 14:58
Does anyone know where in the UK I could go to have my colour vision assessed? (other than the CAA at Gatwick)

Ideally, I'd be looking to do a Holmes-Wright lantern test, and getting some feedback from that.

I've been to the local optician's, but my test results were contradictory, and my doctor is still trying to figure out what to do with me. :)

Many thanks in advance,

grob103

TooHotToFly
24th Oct 2000, 17:17
I did the Holmes Wright lantern test at an opticians in Cobham, SW London (near the M25). Can't remember the name of it but it's only a small town so you should be able to find it out somehow. The cost was about £25. The CAA should be able to provide you with a list of places you can do it though. I managed to fail it but good luck.

AMS
24th Oct 2000, 23:02
Hi there,

What happens if you pass the Ishihara and fail the Lantern test??

Is there a re test..or you fail??

Thanks
AMS

grob103
25th Oct 2000, 02:18
If you pass the Ishihara, you don't do the lantern.

grob103

FatFlyer
25th Oct 2000, 04:34
It's possible to cheat on the Ishihara test by learning the numbers, If you can convince the CAA to retest you, they will probably make you do the Lantern test even if you pass the ishihara to make sure you are not cheating.

Flight Maestro
28th Oct 2000, 11:26
Went through hell with the colour vision problem. If you dont pass the plates go straight to Melbourne and do the lantern test. Its a new test for red and white only. If you cant pass it your battle with Canberra has only just begun. If you require any more info give me a call.

[email protected]