PPRuNe Forums

Go Back   PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > Engineers & Technicians

Engineers & Technicians In this day and age of increased CRM and safety awareness, a forum for the guys and girls who keep our a/c serviceable.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd Oct 2011, 15:46   #1 (permalink)

Probationary PPRuNer
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Age: 27
Posts: 2
Australian (CASA) Part-66 to EASA Part-66 Conversion.

Hi guys,

I am a young Australian GA engineer, I completed my apprenticeship in Aus as well as all but 2 of my basics for a piston engine & airframe licence. I have since started working for a GA maintenance org here in Scotland. I know that I have upto 4 years under the 'grandfather' clause to complete my lisence under the old CAR 31 system and that if I do (which i will) I will be granted a CASA Part-66 license.What I want to know is if this license can be used in the EU or if not (my suspicion) what the conversion process is, Including cost's involved if anyone knows. Cheers, Peter
Petrus101 is offline  
Old 23rd Oct 2011, 18:23   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: wales
Posts: 374
Look on safety regulation group website, personnel licencing, engineers and download ELGD [engineering licence guidance document]. Dont think anyone's licences are recognised anymore , but check in doc. Documented experience is still required so keep the logbook going and then go for the exams whilst you're young and the training is still fresh in your mind !
bvcu is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2011, 13:08   #3 (permalink)
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 36
Casa licenses cannot be converted to easa license as far as I know.but easa license from select countries can be converted to casa with air law only
airlineguy1980 is offline  
Old 25th Oct 2011, 16:42   #4 (permalink)

Probationary PPRuNer
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Age: 27
Posts: 2
Hmmm...That's a bit of a bummer. Maybe this will change in the future because according to CASA:

"By gaining a Part 66 licence, you will have an internationally recognised licence with more potential for automatic recognition by other countries."

Here's another question then, Does anyone know if jobs preformed here in Scotland can be used for SOE time accumulation?
Petrus101 is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT. The time now is 23:42.

1996-2012 The Professional Pilots Rumour Network

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1