Im a A&P Mechanic licensed in Panama.. actually I'm cabin crew with Emirates and I wanna go back to "grease land"... I'm Looking forward to perform as a Mechanic again for emirates but I'm looking for some study material for the exams and I'm not able to find any questionaries or anything.. Would you be kind to PM this information.. Thanks
Guys i am currently working for ek on an outstation and holds a basic easa part66 b1 license (caa uk) my question is, will i be able to get my license converted into gcaa amel with this new system being implemented ???????
Dear miles any suggestions as you have been very helpful
If I'm not mistaken you need a letter from your employer. If you have a UK EASA they should realise that you can get a licence though so not having the GCAA won't hurt your application. UK EASA is, in my opinion, worth much more than the GCAA anyway. Wish I had one of those, GCAA not worth much outside the UAE at the moment. Lets hope that changes Not holding my breath though
Location: Behind a dusty academic desk, and in some really hot, dusty, wet and cold places subject to who is paying the bill. But mostly the south coast.
If your looking for a GCAA AMEL you can go onto the GCAA website and download the form, i think it is No7 and it tells you that among other things you need a UAE visa OR a letter from a GCAA approved MRO outside of the UAE.
anybody got any information if UAE GCAA has got any plans regarding converting an EASA PArt66 Basic license into their GCAA CAR66 license.................as currently they are not accepting Basic Easa licenses and expect us to resit complete modules for a B1 license..................any insights guys !!!!!!!
I took the exam earlier in the year, I made some notes at the time and listed the questions I could remember. They are shown below, hope it helps someone out.
Multi choice questions – GCAA Air legislation on 10th May 2012. There are 40 questions and you have 50 minutes in which to complete them. In my opinion this is new questions in the new format, there has been a real shift from the older GCAA legislation to the newer CAR 66, 147, 145, CAR M and in a small way CAR OPS. That’s certainly where the majority of your revision should be.
1. Which Part 66 licenses have sub categories
a. B2 and A b. A and B1 c. B2 and C
2. What is the sub category number for Helicopter Turbines
a. A1 and B1.2 b. A3 and B3.3 c. A4 and B4.4
3. How long does a license last before it expires
a. 3 years b. 5 Years c. 8 Years
4. Where on the wing is the registration affixed a. LH side of LH wing lower surface b. LH side of LH wing upper surface c. Lower surface of the RH wing
5. Which aircraft groups need a modification log book
a. Aircraft >2730kg b. Aircraft >5700kg c. Something else
6. How long does a CAR-147 approval last for
a. 3 Years b. 8 Years c. 5 Years
7. How long must student records be retained for (CAR 147 org)
a. 3 Year b. 5 Years c. 8 Years
8. What is the maximum number of students in practical training at any one time a. 28 b. 15 c. 10
9. Odd question about who a CRS is issued for?? – I think what they were getting at is described in CAR M.801 (b) 1. (CAR 145 version)
a. A CAR 145 organization – This is the only one that made sense to me b. For the licensed engineer c. Something else
10. Who is responsible for day to day 145 airworthiness regulation monitoring
a. The accountable manager b. The QC Manager (This was my guess on the answer because of how it was phrased using the words ‘day to day’, but the accountable manager is ultimately responsible) c. Certifying staff
11. Who is responsible for Corporate/Finance in a CAR 145 Org
a. The accountable manager b. The QC Manager c. The certifying staff
12. Who issues an aircraft radio license
a. The GCAA b. The Ministry of Communications c. Someone else
13. A question about an aircraft that is fit to fly but can’t for some reason a. Fitness for flight b. The other answers made no sense, so this was answer a. by elimination c. ….
14. An aircraft shall not fly unless it has
a. a CMR – (refer to CAR Part V page 2-13) b. something else c. Something else
15. Which aircraft can a sub part F maintain a. Large aircraft b. Large aircraft used for CAT c. Any aircraft <5700 not used for CAT
16. Occurrence reporting – Who does the report need to go to (Refer to CAR M 202) x. The authority Y. The TC or STC holder Z. The state of registry
a. a. X b. b. X and Y c. C. X, Y and Z
17. Completion of maintenance records must be done within (Refer to CAR M.305) d. 7 days e. 14 days f. 30 days
18. Technical logs need to be retained for (CAR M.306)
a. 12 Months b. Until the aircraft is removed from service c. 36 months
19. What is the purpose of CAR M – Sub part D (Refer to CAR M sub part D CarM.401)
a. Maintenance documentation b. Maintenance standards – I think, maintenance docs are mentioned within there c. Something else
20. Maintenance data that is used should be
a. Up to date and appropriate b. Sent back to the manufacturer when your done with it c. Kept with the permanent records of the aircraft
21. In a CAT operation who is responsible for the records a. The licensed engineer b. The operator c. Someone else
22. What type of staff do you need for a line maintenance organization
a. C license b. B1 and B2 Support staff c. Something else
23. Who can certify a ‘one off’ approval for an AOG aircraft
a. One of the employees holding type approval on an aircraft with similar technology b. One of the companies staff with > 6 months experience c. Someone else
24. Question about a components serviceability A. An AW form 1 B. A Green Serviceable tag C. An entry in a technical log
25. Where can information be found about licensing
a. Part 145 b. CAR Part V – Chapter 2 c. Car Part 2 – Chapter 7
26. For ARC renewal what is considered a controlled environment (refer to CAR M.901 (b) 1.)
a. Same CAR M Sub part G company for 12 months b. Same CAR M and CAR 145 company for 12 month (not this, the 145’s can change!) c. Same CAR 145 company for 12 Months
27. Question about what type of company does maintenance management
a. Part 145 b. Part M Sub part G
28. Limited pilot owner maintenance can be found in
a. Part 145 b. Appendix XIII of CAR Sub part M c. Something else
29. What maintenances does not need a CAR 145 approval
a. Check A b. Pre flight check c. Something else
30. CAR 145 maintenance org privileges are shown where a. 145 maintenance org Approval Cert b. The other answers here made no sense c. ……
31. What is the CAR 145 maintenance plan a. A plan to show the customers the number of hours the CRS staff have worked b. Used for effective maintenance planning etc (i.e the right answer) c. Something else
32. Some question over shift handover - The obvious answer was effective communication between the two shifts
33. CAR 145 can be found in
a. CAR Part V – Chapter 2 b. CAR Part V – Chapter 3 c. CAR Part V – Chapter 4
I am 24yrs old and have 3 years working experience on turbo-props. I want to sit for an EASA part 66 cat A or C and also do a type course on an Embraer 170/190 or a Boeing 737. Kindly advice me on the path to take and if anyone has materials that can help me pass a part 66 exam I kindly ask if you can help me with them.