PPRuNe Forums


Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th Sep 2017, 00:41   #721 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by louu View Post
I got an email confirming that I'm in the talent pool for Melb base but that there are no more training schools scheduled at this stage. Hoping for some time in early 2018!
Hey Louu did they say early 2018 of you just hoping? Good luck!
HDSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2017, 05:16   #722 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: melbourne
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSD View Post
Hey Louu did they say early 2018 of you just hoping? Good luck!
"this point in time we are unable to provide further indication of any potential schools in 2018, however will keep you updated as it gets closer to the new year."

Fingers crossed it's soon.
louu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2017, 06:39   #723 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by louu View Post
"this point in time we are unable to provide further indication of any potential schools in 2018, however will keep you updated as it gets closer to the new year."

Fingers crossed it's soon.
Interesting! Fingers crossed!
Apparently some of the Sydney based applicants got the same email but it didn't mention 2018. I wonder if that's good news or bad?
HDSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2017, 02:15   #724 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: melbourne
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSD View Post
Interesting! Fingers crossed!
Apparently some of the Sydney based applicants got the same email but it didn't mention 2018. I wonder if that's good news or bad?
Yeah it's a little bit vague but at the AD I remember them hinting that the next school would be early next year. It's the waiting game now I guess
louu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Sep 2017, 23:50   #725 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSD View Post
Interesting! Fingers crossed!
Apparently some of the Sydney based applicants got the same email but it didn't mention 2018. I wonder if that's good news or bad?
Yeah I did too. I think we're all in the same boat
showgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2017, 00:42   #726 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 14
Has anyone had any news ??
showgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Oct 2017, 14:48   #727 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 21
Domestic international

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirl View Post
Awesome! Thanks, so glad I found this thread. I'm also pretty confused about what I have actually applied for, lol. The original link I followed was for Sydney base, FY17 and international/domestic. So being clueless originally I thought that might mean they train you for both and you get a mix. Now I've heard that you're actually trained for a specific aircraft though so you would be domestic OR international? Anyone have any ideas?
Iíve been flying for just over 6 month. And am endorsed on the 737 only. You get trained/endorsed on a particular aircraft. Domestic (VAA) are the 737 they can also short haul international flights eg DPS, POM etc (after 6 month probation). 777 (VAI) do the LA flights, Airbus do Hong Kong. So It all depends on your base too. ie.Hong Kong is only from Melbourne at the moment. There is also VANZ for the New Zealand crew. All depends what part of Virgin you are being employed by.
When I applied I assumed Iíd be doing all ports but unfortunately not, unless you get called out as relief crew. Iíve done 3 NZ flights.

Good luck everyone. Donít give up. This job is amazing. I absolutely love it. Hope to see you in the skies soon. 👩🏼*✈️✈️
Peta2404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2017, 07:31   #728 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta2404 View Post
Iíve been flying for just over 6 month. And am endorsed on the 737 only. You get trained/endorsed on a particular aircraft. Domestic (VAA) are the 737 they can also short haul international flights eg DPS, POM etc (after 6 month probation). 777 (VAI) do the LA flights, Airbus do Hong Kong. So It all depends on your base too. ie.Hong Kong is only from Melbourne at the moment. There is also VANZ for the New Zealand crew. All depends what part of Virgin you are being employed by.
When I applied I assumed Iíd be doing all ports but unfortunately not, unless you get called out as relief crew. Iíve done 3 NZ flights.

Good luck everyone. Donít give up. This job is amazing. I absolutely love it. Hope to see you in the skies soon. 👩🏼*✈️✈️

Thank you so much for that, so helpful! Do you know if you can elect which you are endorsed in?
showgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2017, 12:57   #729 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 17
Does anyone know when you get a uniform, after you start round school or before? ☺️
Brittany1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2017, 12:36   #730 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 21
Endorsements

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirl View Post
Thank you so much for that, so helpful! Do you know if you can elect which you are endorsed in?
Endorsements are determined by the company and their needs. Unfortunately you canít pick. The majority of flying is done on the 737-800 unless youíre international (LA or Hong Kong) then itís either the 777 or airbus. Some bases have embraer and atr.
Peta2404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2017, 12:40   #731 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 21
Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany1989 View Post
Does anyone know when you get a uniform, after you start round school or before? ☺️

You get fitted as part of the recruitment process. Uniforms are collected prior to the last week of ground school. And then you wear them for service week. 💄💃🏼

Last edited by Peta2404; 10th Oct 2017 at 12:41. Reason: Grammar
Peta2404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2017, 12:33   #732 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta2404 View Post
You get fitted as part of the recruitment process. Uniforms are collected prior to the last week of ground school. And then you wear them for service week. 💄💃🏼
How exciting 👩🏻*✈️
Brittany1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2017, 20:26   #733 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Flatbush
Posts: 11
GS 30th Oct

Got the GOLDEN CALL!! Contracts signed and handed in.Just waiting to start 30th Oct Akld Base.
Anybody else here for Alkd base starting on the 30th?
Everyone else...do not lose hope.Be patient and untill you get the Golden Call do not resign from your current job.It is a long process.I applied Dec 2016!!
Mywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2017, 05:50   #734 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywish View Post
Got the GOLDEN CALL!! Contracts signed and handed in.Just waiting to start 30th Oct Akld Base.
Anybody else here for Alkd base starting on the 30th?
Everyone else...do not lose hope.Be patient and untill you get the Golden Call do not resign from your current job.It is a long process.I applied Dec 2016!!
How exciting!!! Let us know how you go, canít wait to hear about it ☺️☺️
Brittany1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2017, 20:21   #735 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 32
Has anyone got any news for Sydney candidates? When do you think we might hear? I'm tempted to call them
HDSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2017, 22:59   #736 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDSD View Post
Has anyone got any news for Sydney candidates? When do you think we might hear? I'm tempted to call them
I'm waiting for Sydney too. When I called before in early august they said the meeting to discuss new ground schools would be in October. They were really nice about it but I'm too scared to call back in case they think I am annoying haha. I really would like to know though as I have to relocate and that takes time. I have a feeling it might not be until next year.
showgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2017, 00:03   #737 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 32
Fingers crossed we hear soon!!!!!
HDSD is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
cabin crew wannabee, virgin australia

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57.


© 1996-2012 The Professional Pilots Rumour Network

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1