PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Groundschool EPTA

RYNCLEE
21st Aug 2003, 22:37
I would be interested to hear from anyone who has studied at EPTA Bournemouth with a brief assessment of what they are like. Cheers

Chrisb
3rd Sep 2003, 17:42
I have been on the Residential ground school at EPTA for 2 months. This week I have just sat my first two exams - Instruments and Aircraft General Knowledge (AGK is made up of Engines, Systems and Electrics). None of the Instruments questions or the Engines/Electrics questions were unfamiliar. However, I was a little alarmed by a few Systems questions that I felt had not been covered in the syllabus. However, as far as I know this could be what happens at any of the Ground schools?

The Cabair notes that are used are not brilliant. However, the three Ground Instructors are excellent.

Overall, I would definitely recommend EPTA. (But then again, ask me in two weeks when I get my exam results!)

clubley
3rd Sep 2003, 19:59
EPTA is part of Cabair (unfortunately) therefore use Cabair notes, which are diabolical. However, that is about as close as EPTA gets to being like Cabair. Keith Williams one of the instructors is excellent, and by all accounts so are the other instructors. It is a small and very friendly place and Bournemouth is a great place to be for six months, much better than some concrete town with concrete animals. So yes EPTA is good, just buy your own notes. Enjoy it!!!