PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Mass and Balance MRJT Load Sheet Questions

Jinkster
21st Aug 2003, 20:48
ATPL Mass and Balance MRJT Load Sheet Questions

Could anyone tell me whether I am likely to see a load sheet question in the ATPL mass and balance examination and if so what did they ask for when you took it?

Many Thanks

Jinkster

My names Turkish
21st Aug 2003, 21:10
One of the two mark questions was a simplified load sheet. I have seen a very similar question in feedbacks. It was along the lines of: Left Gear 300N, Right Gear 310N, Nose wheel 150N. The Datum was the Main gear and there was a a word game to work out how far the nose wheel was forward of the Datum, i.e it gave you the distance of the nose from the datum and then the disatnce from the nose to the nosewheel, you had to take one from the other. There was a question on a trim sheet but ou didnt have to fill it in, it was already filled in and you had to deduce the answer from it. The other two marker was a question on the max traffic load, i.e lowest of three method, which I must admit I sweated on as they can be tricky. I am not sure if this answers your question?

Whispering Giant
21st Aug 2003, 21:34
Jinkster - yes there are 1 or 2 questions in the mass and balance exam on the MRJT loadsheet - from memory it asked you what would be the %mac would be at T/O weight on the partially completed loadsheet and also what the underload would be - nothing really two streneous.

rgds

W.G

TurboJ
21st Aug 2003, 21:35
In August 03 there was a question on the right hand side of the sheet where you had to draw all the lines left and right and work out %MAC at ZFM

It was straight forward enough, only they gave the inital index as 33.5 which just made it awkward.