PDA

View Full Version : Instruments and Automatic Flight

Just another student
21st Aug 2003, 20:02
Is there anybody out there who has passed the Instruments exam, and might be able to give me some pointers in the way of feedback? I am due to sit the paper for the first time in Sept, and would appreciate any guidance on past experiences of the paper.
This isn't exactly my strongest subject but I am working extremely hard to improve!

Any help would be great.

Cheers guys

BTW I'm UK based

spitfire747
22nd Aug 2003, 05:39
hi there
please check your PMs .. I have sent you a message

Just another student
22nd Aug 2003, 07:10
Thanks for the reply.Is this paper really as bad as I have heard, or is it a case of how lucky you are, with what paper turns up on the desk on the day, as with the others? The exams I am taking in September are,

RNAV
OPS
INST
HPL
SYSTEMS

would Instruments theoretically be the hardest out of the set to pass first time?

Cheers

spitfire747
22nd Aug 2003, 15:09
well I have passed all 13 now with the exception of performance.
Of the ones you are taking, from hardest first the order would be, in my eyes.

INS
SYSTEMS
RNAV
OPS
HPS

Instruments is not HARD it is just another subject with a very wide band of content. my advice

Know your basic pressure instruments inside out, backwards,upside down etc.. usually many questions on blockages and leaks etc..
in my exam there was NO compass working out just the basic acc west what happens etc..
the other major part of the exam was autoflight and auto pilot.. these are quite heavily examined for some reason, so know the autopilot approach sequence, speeds and heights etc..
do the feedback, brush up on the notes but more than anythig just be confident and do your best..

as for the others
systems,rnav etc.
just know the stuff and you'll be fine

GoodLuck
Spitty