PDA

View Full Version : 'Massive Volareweb expansion'

'PlaneHappy
20th Aug 2003, 18:33
"The Italian low cost carrier Volareweb just announced a massive expansion with the winter timetable.

Between the 24th September and the 01th December they will start the following new routes:

Domestic market:

MXP- Brindisi (1 daily)
MXP- Lamezia Terme (1 daily)
BGY- Bari (1 daily)
BGY- Palermo (1 daily)
LIN- Bari (2 daily)
LIN- Palermo (2 daily)
LIN- Catania (3 daily)
LIN- Napoli (3 daily)
VCE- Roma FCO (4 daily)
VCE- Napoli (1 daily)
VCE- Lamezia Terme (1 daily)
BRI- Roma FCO (3 daily)

They also started a code-sharing agreement with the low-cost carrier WindJet on the FCO- Catania and FCO- Palermo routes (3 daily flights on each routes).

International network.

Roma FCO- Bilbao (1 daily)
Roma FCO- Valencia (1 daily)
Bari- Bruxelles (1 daily)
MXP- Prague (1 daily)
MXP- Bordeaux (1 daily)

All flights are operated with A320."

I read in August edition of Airliner World, that "Volareweb reported a significant increase in bookings since its March 30 launch..." Indeed, these bookings "are reported to be up from 2,500 a day pre-launch to around 6,000 a day." I wonder how many daily bookings they will now have and I look foward to the announcement of their summer 2004 schedule.

From whom are they acquiring the additional A320s?

V12
20th Aug 2003, 19:13
Flew with them recently on LGW-VCE; such low fares I felt sorry for them (£230 return total for all 5 of us all incl.) - it was probably more for just one seat on BA.
Nice acft, good crew, on time, smart outfit; they deserve to do well, but need to improve their exposure ex the UK as there were just 30 of us on a 180 seater. Nice for us - bad for their FD.

BAe 146-100
20th Aug 2003, 21:18
Hi,

If Volareweb flew to MAN I think the route would be successful :ok:. Only BA and the charter airlines fly to italy.

BAe 146-100

no, no, no
21st Aug 2003, 16:42
I've been on to VA's website and they aren't showing a schedule for LGWVCE in the winter, and more importantly you can't book any seats. I rang the call centre who advised me to try again in 15 days :confused:

Apparantly though they are struggling with slots and have ony got one of the 2 LGW slots they were after (I thought they had 2 last year but obviously not).

It looks like everyone is feeling the pinch with VCE now though - this summer Ryanair & BA both increased freq, Volareweb started last August and then became a lo-co in Feb, and then bmi started from LHR - it looks like a bit too much though and with VA struggling as they are and BA reducing from Sept 1st it looks as if it is all a bit too much.

I'm just wondering if any lessons can be taken from VCE by airlines and the industry to show that the extra demand isn't always there.....:hmm:

FlyLowCost
21st Aug 2003, 18:28
From A.net forum:

"But with the new timetable the following Volare Airlines routes will disappear:

FCO-TXL
FCO-ZRH
LIN-BCN

And they also suspend until next summer these seasonal routes:

BGY-Cagliari
MXP-Palermo
LIN-Lampedusa
MXP-Heraklion
MXP-PMI
VCE-Olbia
VCE-Alghero
VCE-Cagliari

They reduce frequencies on these routes:

BGY-FCO
MXP-BIL
CTA-BRU"

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
22nd Aug 2003, 20:04
Plenty of slots at Luton!!!! In fact Luton isn't slot controlled.

Buster's Italian cousins will find it easier to visit him then!!:D

Findo
22nd Aug 2003, 21:13
International network.
Roma FCO- Bilbao (1 daily)
Roma FCO- Valencia (1 daily)
Bari- Bruxelles (1 daily)
MXP- Prague (1 daily)
MXP- Bordeaux (1 daily)

Wot .. Not Glasgow ? :confused: :confused: But BAA said they were just about to announce ..... suppose GLA is keeping the slots for the PIA jumbos instead. :ok:

no, no, no
22nd Aug 2003, 21:20
what PIA jumbos in GLA?????????