PDA

View Full Version : air luxor, tail scrape at stn....????

burn the mullal
20th Aug 2003, 04:36
this is my first post so please be nice..........Please???

Anyone got any info on stn being closed today due to an air luxor L-1011 tail scrape.
Apparently ac was taxied to the compass base near FLS.

av8boy
20th Aug 2003, 06:10
Does everybody have to be nice, or just, perhaps, the first few posters? I mean, can we lead you down the path at first, just to tear your heart out on page 2?:confused:

You know, you're VERY lucky that I was the first to stumble upon your question. Others may not have been as charitable. ;)

Of course, I don't know the answer to your question. But if I did, I'd answer it like a gentleman.

Dave

Onan the Clumsy
20th Aug 2003, 11:01
BTM, what a STUPID and IDIOTIC question. I can't believe you would ask something like that you MORON. ...crawl back under a rock...dictionary...appaling grammar...etc etc.

Just kidding - and toughening you up in case you ever make it to Jet Blast.

Welcome to pprune :ok:

BTW, Sorry but I don't have an answer to your question either. :bored:

411A
20th Aug 2003, 12:31
As they operate -500 series aircraft, really difficult to drag the tail on landing. but can be done.
OTOH, have seen the results of the action on...would you believe...takeoff, with the short body machine, and the El Capitan was ex-EAL. (original EAL, that is...)
Need I say more?:sad:

AIRWAY
20th Aug 2003, 15:19
Yes indeed, Air Luxor L1011 did have a tail strike at STN ( CS-TMP) If im not mistaken...

Paterbrat
20th Aug 2003, 17:39
Onan JB these days is a tame place. There have been worse spats right here on R&N amongst the 'serious' folks.

Sorry B the M no news on the tailscrape, guess it just wasn't his lucky day.
BTW that was a very 'virginal' approach, the 'please be gentle' appeal was most fetching, now your toe is wet though expect the worst from the ruffians.

LNAVengaged
20th Aug 2003, 19:08
taxying out from the cul-de-sac at stn yesterday when the incident occured - i was watching cos its been a while since ive seen a Tri-star in Stn . His approach was rather low to say the least , from where we where sitting looked like he only just made the tarmac with the tail - ooooops !!! the nose was very , very , VERY high ! reminds me of an incident with a caledonian machine a few years ago .......?:suspect:

Gordinho
20th Aug 2003, 20:27
I think I remember the Caledonian tailstrike. Wasn't it wet-leased from Sweden?

irishcc
20th Aug 2003, 22:04
Air Luxor now using an Air Atlanta 767-300ER to operate some flights !

Aircraft positioned from DUB to the Azores yesterday, and then operated on to Providence.
Will return with same routing tonight.

AIRWAY
20th Aug 2003, 22:11
Yes the Portuguese carrier had 250 or so pax at the azores that where due to go to Providence, but their A330 was retained in the States due to the blackout incident that happened few days ago...

Departures Beckham
21st Aug 2003, 01:35
The Luxor is parked over the northside right now, on the 500's.

411A
21st Aug 2003, 08:46
Gordinho,
Most definately not wet leased from Sweden.
Brit pilots (not paying attention) and a Caledonian machine....at KOS.

LNAVengaged
21st Aug 2003, 18:58
Regarding the calli tail strike , i agree with 411A . definitly a G reg , ex BA me thinks -eating sand in the desert now !! , any more news on the recent event at Stn ?

Gordinho
21st Aug 2003, 19:18
I was thinking of a big tailstrike in MAN. Probably in 97 or 98? Ruptured the pressure bulkhead.

Nopax,thanx
21st Aug 2003, 20:05
That was one of the TBG machines - EI-CNN I think; I've seen the photos.

Goforfun
21st Aug 2003, 20:49
I heard the L1011 was doing an autoland.

CaptAirProx
21st Aug 2003, 20:50
I have video footage given to me of good old BEAL aka SE-DPM in AirOps hybrid colours of the old calli blue and airops on the tail doing a positioning flight to LTN. The dick thing at the back just missed it. It looked very close!

Good old OOE. What an operation that was with some true classics. Whats the fate of SE-DSD. A -100 think no 215 off the production. The best one I seem to remember.

Oh and then there was the base training in SE-DPP. One touch and go at LTN nearly ended up in Vauxhall's car park.

Gordinho
21st Aug 2003, 21:39
Nopax, that's the bunny. Weren't the Air Ops people involved somehow and just borrowing an Irish AOC (Foyle maybe?)

GustyOrange
22nd Aug 2003, 03:56
Perhaps that Tristar legend The Guv could enlighten us all.

Oops sorry, forgot he's some hard mans bitch now.

Gusty

Nopax,thanx
22nd Aug 2003, 20:08
Hi Gordinho;

Could well be, mate. I know that they used to answer the phone as 'Aer Turas' when I used to deal with 'em, back in Summer '98.

Almost took a job there, too......

Well, looky looky; my 500th post........must order a personal title:p

Hot Rod
31st Aug 2003, 01:19
Ahhh, OOE, nice memories.... SE-DSD is now stored (since many years) in Roswell in the US.
By the way, wasnīt that the aircraft that was stored in MAN for some years (with catering onboard) after Air Ops closed down and then did a two-engine ferry over the atlantic? A very interesting flight I heard...
CS-TMP (if it was) is also ex swedish, used to be SE-DVI for Novair. I hope the sardines didnīt bent it too badly... Anyone knows what part of the tail that hit the runway, fuselage or engine?

AIRWAY
31st Aug 2003, 02:20
The Aircraft is now in Jordan doing some more repair work.

VIKING9
31st Aug 2003, 05:11
Hot Rod You sure it's Roswell? Didn't think that airfield existed :mad:

Hot Rod
31st Aug 2003, 23:19
Yep, itīs Roswell and it exists for sure. Even the Marsians used it many moons ago...:}

411A
1st Sep 2003, 00:46
Not only does Roswell exist, but hangar 84 as well.
Last time I was there, an old clapped-out BAC-111 was parked inside, with many parts missing.
Not far away were seven former BA 747's undergoing part-out.

Gordinho
1st Sep 2003, 15:59
Yep, Roswell is real. AAR have a fairly big operation scrapping aircraft and there is a paint shop there which was putting the new livery on America West A320s last time I was there.

Lots of aircraft parked.