PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann

ncusack
18th Aug 2003, 15:43
Hi All,
Does anyone have any information on Aer Arann in Ireland? I would like to know what is the current situation internally and have they any plans to recruit? They have expanded hugely in recent months but no sign of recruitment.....well according to their website anyway.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know what kind of money they pay ...... even ballpark?

Thanks;
Ncusack

ecj
18th Aug 2003, 16:04
If they get back the DUB - LDY route at the start of 2004, they might need more pilots.

ncusack
18th Aug 2003, 16:46
They have spoke alot of increasing the frequency of their cork-dublin and Galway-Manchester routes so how are they manning the new flights? Have they a pilot pool waiting a start?

Thanks;
ncusack

cfb
19th Aug 2003, 05:46
I believe that they are recruiting at present.
One of Westflights recent IR graduates was interviewed today.

cfb

ncusack
19th Aug 2003, 15:51
According to the website they are not recruiting but do say to contact them if you want to self fund a type rating.

I guess that means, if you are a self funder.......come on over.....if not, sorry.

Thanks for the info though.

The mole
21st Aug 2003, 21:57
They are currently interviewing ATR type rated pilots

Pilot Pete
22nd Aug 2003, 17:13
For all of those who are thinking like ncusack, for what it is worth, here are my thoughts on the issues.

1. Phone the airline and speak to the person who is responsible for calling candidates to interview to find out if they are recruiting or not. This is NOT necessarily the Chief Pilot so don't badger him. (or her)

2. When they say "We are not currently recruiting and have no plans to recruit in the near future/ this year etc etc," this does not mean that they are not recruiting now, nor does it mean that they will not be recruiting tomorrow or later in the year. Don't get me wrong, it may well be acurate, but, sometimes it means "we are not recruiting pilots with your (lack of) experience."

A high percentage of Wannabes put the phone down and don't contact the airline again until said mentioned period is up, only to find that they took 5 guys on a couple of months back. I am not suggesting that you accuse them of lying and get all bitter and twisted, but just think about how the 5 guys got an interview and job. Perhaps they only had the same experience as you?

3. Pprune is fine for gaining opinions and finding out what is happenning in the job market, but it is only one resource(a pretty descent one I must admit!) and you can't beat personal contact for getting the low down on an airline's recruitment plans from someone who has first hand knowledge (ie they work for the airline!) so get networking. I know guys who are network Gurus in my eyes who trawl these pages and put themselves about. When these guys finish training, not only do they have 'spies' in every camp they can call upon for info, but they know exactly who to call, who's recruiting and so on. These guys are ahead of the game and ahead of the vast majority of Wannabes. They get the jobs whilst the others bitch about having more hours and being passed over...................

So, I don't have a clue as to the recruitment situation at Aer Arran, but if I needed a job with them I sure as hell would.................

Best of luck guys

PP