PDA

View Full Version : R/T Examiners - warning

Keygrip
15th Aug 2003, 06:41
Received a strange e-mail from person(s) purporting to be from Indian CPL flight school - asking for UK CAA R/T examiner to go out and test 20 to 30 candidates.

Word from the Belgrano is "NO!!!"

Tinstaafl
15th Aug 2003, 09:01
Why? Is it illegal to be from India & pass the UK R/T exam?

DesiPilot
23rd Aug 2003, 07:46
Tinstaasfl,

I am from India and I know lot's of students who go to the UK to do RT practical to avoid Indian red tape. I can believe that someone actually sent an email to KeyGrip for the same. Perhaps its cheaper for an examiner to go to India than 20-30 of them to fly to the UK. Of course not to mention the visa problems.

I wonder by Belgrano said "No" !!!!!

Regards,
DesiPilot

pickingupice
24th Aug 2003, 06:56
indeed they test RT in the USA and they are no way JAA complient!

And thier RT is as standard as, well lets think?

The CAA amd the response s from the help desk?

or

FTO's in general?

So is India being discriminated against?

Keygrip
24th Aug 2003, 07:29
Now there's a bold statement, pickingupice.

In what way is an R/T examination, carried out in the United states, not JAA compliant?

StrateandLevel
25th Aug 2003, 06:06
The UK FRTOL is a National Licence; there is no such thing as a JAA FRTOL, so the question of JAA compliance has no relevance.

Keygrip
25th Aug 2003, 06:41
Good catch!!!!!

pickingupice
25th Aug 2003, 16:18
A UK RT Liicence is required for an issue of a JAA PPL and CPL

ARE you saying that this is yet another requirement that is not JAA!!!

So there you are statdardisation at its best!

If there UK RT licence is not JAA complient we MUST have filed a non complience!

StrateandLevel
26th Aug 2003, 07:17
A UK RT Liicence is required for an issue of a JAA PPL - NO
and CPL - YES

ARE you saying that this is yet another requirement that is not JAA!!!

YES. it is a requirement of the UK ANO and the Wirelress Telegraphy Act.

So there you are statdardisation at its best!

Precisely; to meet the requirements of the International Telecomunications Union (ITU) who lay down the requirements for radio licensing worldwide. Member States legislate for compliance in their own National Law.

If there UK RT licence is not JAA complient we MUST have filed a non complience!
NO. Its not contrary to any JAA requirements; the JAA recognise the need to hold a RT Licence and make provision for it to be included within a JAA licence or to be held seperately, as we do in the UK.

Leigh Collins
27th Aug 2003, 04:56
for the grant of a JAR-FCL PPL(A) you must have an FRTOL

In fact your PPL examiner should not do your LST unless it has been passed and all the training has been completed for your PPL

Another_CFI
27th Aug 2003, 16:10
Leigh,

For the grant of a JAR PPL(A) you DO NOT need an FRTOL. You must have passed the Communications paper but do not need to have taken the RT practical test.

The Communications paper is a requirement for the PPL and the FRTOL. The practical test is a requirement for the FRTOL but not the PPL.

Leigh Collins
30th Aug 2003, 00:04
You are absolutely correct, an FRTOL is not required for an issue of a PPL, but it is for a CPL.

However no person may operate an aircraft radio station in the air, or on the ground, unless they are in possession of an FRTOL.

This means before you get an IMC rating or night qualification, or an IR you must be a FRTOL holder, before you may exercise the privileges of these ratings

martinidoc
3rd Sep 2003, 23:32
You may not operate a radio without a radio licence, except for PPLs under training who may do so under supervision.

JUMBO400
4th Sep 2003, 01:45
AS AN RT EXAMINER WHO SPENDS NUMEROUS DAYS IN A HOTEL ROOM IN CHENAI DELHI AND MUMBAI I WOULD BE QUITE HAPPY TO DO RT TESTS FOR AN INDIAN FLYING SCHOOL IF THE CAA OK'd IT WHICH SCHOOL IS IT CAN I CONTACT THEM?