PDA

View Full Version : Leeds University Aviation degree students

Diamond 'katana' geezer
14th Aug 2003, 02:06
hi all,

i am currently a student on the aviation degree about to enter my second year.

i'm writing to see if there are any ppruner's about to start on the first year.

We are trying to start to club etc, and it would be nice to hear from any people that might be joining us in the very near future.

Geez :cool:

ps. good luck to any a-level students for their results

paulriggers
14th Aug 2003, 06:11
Alright mate,

I'm a fellow Leeds Uni'r, not same degree mind you, I'm a 3rd Year Civil Engineer. Setting up some club sounds cool though, even if it's just something to help us begin our "networking" that obviously needs to be done if we are ever to make it on to one of those big shiny things.

ed69
14th Aug 2003, 06:26
:ok:
hey guys,

im a Loughborough Uni student, currently completing my second year of computer science. Im a low hour PPL, and was just backing u up that a uni civi club4 flying is a great idea, Loughborough started one up last year, we currently have 40 members on the books(although convincing the students union to put the "Loughborough" brand on it was difficult!) and it presents the perfect networking environment not to mention socials and visits to aerospace industry, we have been wanting to encourage other unis to follow suit, and hopefully expand our networking to other universitys-so let me no if u get one going-they are certainly worth your while!-ill re-post a reply wen the webpage is back up-server troubles at the minute!

see u up there!
Ed

Diamond 'katana' geezer
15th Aug 2003, 00:35
hi ya paul & ed

thanks for the posts.

as far as a club at leeds is going, it think its looking good. when we all have you ppl's we are set to become members of leeds flying school, then hire their aircraft. the aviation society (as it will be known) looks set to be at the freshers fair so hopefully drop by. if not will be hanging around the houldsworth building. probably complaining about the sausage and egg rolls :)

l'boro sounds like a good idea. i can see a fly-in already!!

do you both have your ppl's already?

geez :cool:

LFS
15th Aug 2003, 04:36
It is good to see the students starting their own society, with over 90 students on next years course there should be no shortage of members.

StudentWaster
16th Aug 2003, 18:18
it'll be good if it gets off the ground tom. so to speak

regards

fat lad with lancashire rugby shirt

Diamond 'katana' geezer
16th Aug 2003, 20:04
alright mate!!

i hope it does get going. it is really down to you, simon and i. can't see why not. as lfs said 90+ students next yr, thats gotta be about 70 odd flying.

Simon said that the union have excepted the proposal for the club too!

see ya at elvington buddy