PDA

View Full Version : Ezy Lgw - Fao

TartinTon
13th Aug 2003, 20:53
Any truth to the rumour that EZY are to start a daily LGWFAO flight in the winter? Be interesting to see the reaction from Monarch Scheduled and BA. Anyone got an idea of the timing if it's true?

LGS6753
14th Aug 2003, 04:04
Monarch didn't like EZY muscling in on LTN-FAO and ALC this summer, and I guess their foray into LGW was an attempt at revenge??
Are the orangemen fighting back?

The Grooover
14th Aug 2003, 11:54
Dont know how EZY would fare against MON sched.

MON have a really strong and loyal passenger base, particularly from the ex-pats who appreciate the excellent service and punctuality, and reasonably good fares (I paid £56 LGW-FAO incl taxes last week, EZY wanted £136 LTN-FAO 5 days in advance)

EZY do not have a great reputation with a lot of ex-pats due to their constant altering of schedules and pretty poor punctuality and fares which quite frankly are anything but low cost. The relatively high regard that GO was held in has not transfered to EZY. They have also had a bit of bad press recently in the English lang newspapers due to some really bad delays out of FAO and even cancelations.

Of course EZY will always appeal to the UK market, but with a bit more advertising on MON's part on this front who knows, I can safely say as a weekly pax on this route the ammount of folks you talk to who will only travel if they can get a seat on MON is quite astounding !!

If only MON went daily !!!

The Grooover

TartinTon
14th Aug 2003, 15:07
According to www.flymonarch.com they are going daily on LGWFAO for the winter onwards. Must have had slot/aircraft problems for the summer as it's strange for an airline not to operate the Friday if they could do.