PDA

View Full Version : 3 new destinations for Ryanair - where

Scandinavian
12th Aug 2003, 19:05
Ryanair is to introduce 3 new destinations the 14th of august, any rumours about where...

Scottish Flyer
12th Aug 2003, 19:16
Ryanair stated yesterday that they are to announce 3 new routes on Wednesday 13th August - not 3 new destinations. I suspect they will be new routes linking existing destinations.

Dave T-S
12th Aug 2003, 20:13
If they are new routes, they will be:

Wherethehellisthat

Howthehelldowegetthere

Howthehelldowegetback

Note ;) :)

Toomuchsmegma
12th Aug 2003, 23:09
Or:

IMDAVETSANDIMJUSTBITTERCAUSEMYCOMPANYDOESNTMAKEANYMONEYANDPE OPLEGENERALLYDONTLAUGHWHENITRYTOBEFUNNY

FlyLowCost
12th Aug 2003, 23:13
What I heard is out of Hahn, likely:

Treviso-Venice
Liverpool
Biarritz

lorel
13th Aug 2003, 02:42
"Or:

IMDAVETSANDIMJUSTBITTERCAUSEMYCOMPANYDOESNTMAKEANY
MONEYANDPEOPLEGENERALLYDONTLAUGHWHENITRYTOBEFUNNY"

:D LoL

FlyLowCost
13th Aug 2003, 03:02
Also a new flight from Prestwick to mainland Europe it seems very likely to be introduce from autumn.

Dave T-S
13th Aug 2003, 16:16
For the sake of accuracy ;) , you may be right that people don't find me funny and I don't make them laugh :ok: :D , but on the other hand I work for a company that is a leader in its field (not aviation related) and has consistently turned in good profits in its 23 year existence ;) :p

The_Bean_Counter
13th Aug 2003, 17:45
Prestwick - Gothenburg
Bournemouth - Girona
Hahn - Venice

increased frequency on Prestwick - Bournemouth

2 800's in Prestwick from this winter

sparkymarky
13th Aug 2003, 18:14
Splendid news for PIK and Scotland. The Stockholm service has been bringing lots of Swedes to Scotland.

Even allowing for doubling rotations on the Bournemouth route, two new 800s must also mean more routes to be announced? Unless the 800s are replacing two of the existing 200s?

Voldermort
13th Aug 2003, 20:58
Sparkymarky
looks like only 4 based a/c with the new BOH flight leaving at 06.35.The PIK based a/c appear to be taking over the the third DUB rotation,the extra BOH,the existing NYO and the new GSE flights so looks like no spare capacity at the momment for more routes.On the telly at lunchtime there was talk of more flights to Italy,Germany and Southern Spain in the future plus MOL calling for GLA to be renamed Glasgow domestic :E !!!That should get him plenty of publicity:ok:

sparkymarky
14th Aug 2003, 04:57
Cheers Voldermort.

Milan must be getting closer and closer...

The Girona service must be going great guns if they are considering a long sector to southern Spain. Jerez would be nice but I guess Malaga would be more likely, especially as it would spike one of the Easyjet options for expanding at Glasgow.

I'm sure the tourist board and Scottish Enterprise would be delighted if Hamburg was linked to Prestwick.

You were spot on about the publicity. Whether you like the guy or not, he sure knows what buttons to press with the media!

Happy days!!

VIKING9
14th Aug 2003, 05:21
Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 low fares airline, today ( 13th August 2003) added three new routes to its existing 125 European route network and to celebrate announced a 125,000 FREE seat sale – all you pay is the taxes.

Daily flights will commence on the following new routes from October and can be booked online at www.ryanair.com from today:

Glasgow-Prestwick – Gothenburg
Bournemouth – Barcelona-Girona
Frankfurt-Hahn – Venice-Treviso

The airline is also doubling its frequency on its Glasgow-Prestwick – Bournemouth service to two flights a day from 16th October.

"The new route to Barcelona Girona from Bournemouth is in response to the huge public demand for services to the popular Spanish region, and will replace the existing service from Bournemouth to Frankfurt Hahn."

"This brings Ryanair’s European route network to 127, and confirms Ryanair’s position as Europe’s No.1 low fares airline."

Fares for these new routes will start at € 19.99 (Frankfurt-Hahn - Venice Treviso), £39.99 (Glasgow-Prestwick - Gothenburg), and €49.99 (Bournemouth-Barcelona-Girona), and are available now at www.ryanair.com.”

:ok:

kpiko3
15th Aug 2003, 20:26
MoL said Prestwick would be his main Focus now over the next 2 years with the new maintenance
facility opening and a new route each year up till 05,and a 737-800 per winter up till 05.
Brilliant news for Prestwick.

donder10
16th Aug 2003, 01:48
Slightly off topic but how is the maintenance hanger coming along now?I heard there was an initial delay with the construction due to finances.

Voldermort
16th Aug 2003, 03:35
donder10
The hanger construction is now well under way with I think most, if not all of the frame in position and they have now started putting the panels on.Rumour has it that it could be operational before the end of the year:ok:

Dan Winterland
16th Aug 2003, 06:19
Dave TS. You made me laugh as I once flew to 'How many miles to Frankfurt?' Hahn.

But I am a bit simple! :D

kpiko3
17th Aug 2003, 02:20
Yes there first a/c will be in the Hanger by November,well before its original planned date of Spring 2004.