PDA

View Full Version : Where to do ATPL Groundschool??

Fancy Navigator
11th Aug 2003, 02:42
Hi everybody
Sorry in advance if this has been done before....:(
What is the best place, according to you and your experience, to do ATPL exams (distance learning)?
- Oxford
- Bristol GS
- Cabair
- Atlantic
- Glasgow College of Nautical Studies
- Cranfield Aviation Training School
- Ground Training Services
- Naples

What do they offer that make them so outstanding?

Thanks for your replies, and sorry again if this has been done before...
Cheers:) :ok:

PS: I wanted to launch a survey, but I do not know how to do it....

Megaton
11th Aug 2003, 03:15
I started with PPSC who went bust 4 days before my Module 1 brush-up. I was subsequently rescued by Bristol who took me on at extremely short notice, found me somewhere to stay and were generally very helpful. Found Bristol's notes far superior to PPSC (although this point is now irrelevant). Also their tutorial questions, CD-ROM and notes are all superbly produced and contained virtually no errors that I could detect. Brush-up courses were also well structured and relevant. After the PPSC nightmare, Bristol were a breath of fresh air and I would be happy to personally recommend them. Finally, management at Bristol are thoroughly decent and if you put the effort in you will pass. Fourteen out of fourteen: than you, Alex.

Hulk
11th Aug 2003, 03:58
I have just passed 5 on 6 tests at Bristol for module 2. Go to Bristol. B&B is cheap, the town is wonderful (been the weekend during the brush-up), people are nice. Teacher come on time, they know what they are talking about, and they know the questions you will get.I do not think a school will prepare you better than Bristol.

FlyingForFun
11th Aug 2003, 15:24
Write to all of them, ask to see their notes, find out the details of their brush-up course (how long, how many students, how many instructors, etc.), find out how the exams are split between the modules. Then decide which one is best for you. For distance learning, I'd say the notes are the single most important thing. Of course, just because one person finds a set of notes easy to study from, doesn't mean another will too.

As you can guess, I don't think my experiences are particularly relevant. Since you ask, though, I studied with Bristol, and can't find a bad thing to say about them. Doesn't necessarilly mean they'll suit you, but they're definitely one of the best in general terms.

Good luck,

FFF
--------------

Send Clowns
11th Aug 2003, 15:41
Although we are not yet on the CAA list BCFT in Bournemouth should be approved for distance learning in the next few weeks. One addition to your list won't make the choice much harder!

FFF is, as usual, giving good advice.