PDA

View Full Version : Air Scotland and HLN's 763.

Joe Curry
10th Aug 2003, 03:08
Air Scotland should grasp the mettle and start long haul
services from EDI with HLN's newest aircraft.

IF BAA ALLOW THEM......

Came in today (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=131783)

subload
10th Aug 2003, 06:55
So Joe, it's official you are a spotter! Just about sums up all your stupid posts. When you get a job in aviation then maybe folk will take you seriously. Please try and turn this in to a BAA against EDI subject like you always do and give us a good laugh!!:p :p :p

GustyOrange
10th Aug 2003, 20:28
I have a laugh every time I see the name Joe Curry.

He's not the quickest rabbit in the hutch for sure.

Gusty

Joe Curry
10th Aug 2003, 23:07
>>So Joe, it's official you are a spotter!<<

I'm retired and like to spend time doing something I like,
'spotter'? certainly not. I have never logged an aircraft number and don't intend to...

I take pictures because I enjoy it.. I'm a retired professional
who still takes an interest in the industry.

What's wrong with you Glasgow guys...? Intimidating a 66 year
old stroke victim is par for the course? Thrown your grandparents off the bus and looking for something to do.?

God knows what impression you guys are giving of your city with
your contributions in here... No need to visit Glasgow...get mugged in pprune instead...

A good advert for airlines and tour operators to avoid putting
GLA on their list of destinations.?

You guys Professionals? I doubt it.... More like Primary school kids..:yuk: :yuk:

bounty
11th Aug 2003, 00:50
A "retired professional" what? Milkman?

Dragging this back on topic (not that you intended any discussion of it anyway) - was the 767 used as a one-off for Air Scotland or has the demand for their under publicised services suddenly rocketed? I know its just their first season, but they seem a bit haphazard, don't they? What with new destinations being announced willy-nilly, the annexing of Newcastle into Scotland and so on.

Oh, and Joe, if Air Scotland wanted to fly from Scotland (including Newcastle) direct to Outer Mongolia, or whereever it is you are moaning about this week, evil old BAA wouldn't put anything in their way to stop them.

Eff Oh
11th Aug 2003, 01:27
The 767 will be used on the Air Scotland routes for a few weeks. One of the Air Holland B757s, the one in AH colours (PH-AHE for all you spotters out there) is off for a "C" check. The B767 will operate during the weekend in Scotland and do it's Air Holland stuff during the week.
BOUNTY:
Yeah despite a lack of publicity the flights are either full or nearly full. I think there are still a few issues that need ironing out, but they are getting there.

bounty
11th Aug 2003, 01:31
thanks for the info eff oh *writes reggie down in special notebook* Good to hear that they are doing well, it bodes well for he future.

Eff Oh
11th Aug 2003, 01:52
No Problem. Long may it continue!!
:ok:

johnwalton
11th Aug 2003, 06:20
Yep, the 763 performed the Newcastle rotations today. As far as i'm aware there are only the equivalent number of seats available as on the 757s, so quite a few of the seats must be empty.

GrahamK
11th Aug 2003, 07:32
You may as well add NCL into Scotland anyway, as most people on the flights from NCL are Scots anyway ;) Including myself when I fly from NCL. Hell, I've even known people from ABZ,GLA and EDI :eek: to fly from NCL because its cheaper.

bounty
11th Aug 2003, 16:06
I just received a "Incredible 2 for 1 Flight Sale - 2nd Passenger only pays taxes" promotional email from Air Scotland, promising 40 seats available for this promotion on each flight