PDA

View Full Version : Module 1/2 Bristol?

Hulk
10th Aug 2003, 00:22
what is the hardest at Bristol.GS, module 1 or module 2?

MVE
10th Aug 2003, 02:27
Depends on your previous experience.

As an ex FE I found some of the Mod 1 subjects 'challenging' but Mod 2 not so bad so far (but I have covered some of these subjects before)

That said it didn't stop me passing all the first 8 at first attempt and if you do the coursework, listen in to the lectures (and work hard at night) and most importantly of all, study the feedback till you go crosseyed you should have no problems.

Remember put in the study and you should do fine...

Delta Wun-Wun
10th Aug 2003, 06:13
I found Mod 2 easier but I think that is due to polishing your learning technique as you go. However Principles of Flight is in Mod 2 . This is a subject that should be learnt inside out. No good just working from Feedback.:ok:

Hulk
10th Aug 2003, 17:36
so what are the subjects you can mainly learn from feedbacks, and the subjects you have really to work at home and "understand" by yourself like principle of flight.

and what is the hardest subjet in module 1. I am leazy about meteo.
w/b,instruments,vfr/ifr,human f., seem easy.

Delta Wun-Wun
10th Aug 2003, 20:19
VFR/IFR Comms are probably the easiest, not much different from PPL level. Mass and Balance is not that hard, however does catch a few people out on time in the exam, as you only have an hour and need to get a move on. Instruments was a pig when I took it, but I think the ground schools have adjusted their notes to take account of the low ball questions that suddenly started appearing. Nav and Met have the most subject matter, so the exams for these can be quite wide ranging.:ok:

VFE
10th Aug 2003, 22:39
For feedback:

Radio Nav
Instruments
Air Law
HP&L
Ops Procedures
AGK
Comms x 2

Feedback is undoubtedly the key to passing JAR ATPL's. You could study the subjects for all eternity and still not understand the JAR logic I'm sorry to say. JAR certainly miss a great opportunity to teach us something of real substance and value with the ATPL syllabus. One instructor said we'd be lucky if we used 25% of the crap we have to learn in order to pass the memory test that is JAR ATPL exams. Such a shame. No wonder captains get peeved at new FO's who are a mess.

VFE.

duir
11th Aug 2003, 02:42
Sorry to sound stupid. When you say "Feedback" for the ATPLs what are you refering to???

VFE
11th Aug 2003, 03:07
The only stupid question is the question you don't ask.

Feedback is used to describe the questions which students who've sat the exams remember and pass on to subsequent students.

If you can remember questions from the exam then it's usually polite and helpful to drop a quick line to your flight school to let them know. That way you get to pass on some of what you've learned for the next batch of unlucky bugga's who have to sit the exam.

It's not called cheating, it's called being smart and most will tell you it's the only way JAR ATPL's get passed by students these days.

VFE.

Hulk
11th Aug 2003, 03:50
that is right, I can say that Ground instructor are more "aware" of the questions asked at the CAA.Feedbacks help them to update their own school 'databank, and it is why a school have a higher pass rate than another one.
Bristol has a higher pass rate regarding the average in the UK , this is I guess mainly due to their feedbacks.

FlyingForFun
11th Aug 2003, 15:31
I'm not sure that one module is "easier" or "harder" than the other - they're just different. Which you find easier will depend on you.

Module 1 contains lots of understanding. Module 2 contains lots of learning facts and figures. Most of the people I spoke to on brush-up courses found Module 2 generally easier, although less interesting, because they are good at learning facts and figures. I'm crap at learning facts and figures, but good at understanding things, so I found Module 1 easier.

You asked:What are the subjects you can mainly learn from feedbacks, and the subjects you have really to work at home and "understand" by yourself I think you have the question the wrong way round! You should be asking "What the subjects you can "understand" by yourself, and which are the ones where really the only way of learning them is from feedback". The only way to pass the exams if they go and mess around with the question bank is to learn the subjects, and feedback should really only be used to check your understanding of the subjects, and to get a bit of a heads-up on some of the more tricky questions. There are a couple of subjects where this just isn't possible, and feedback is the only way you'll learn the subject well enough to pass the exams - Air Law and Operational Procedures are the main two.

FFF
---------------

duir
11th Aug 2003, 19:46
Is the "Feedback" available on the Bristol.gs website?

VFE
11th Aug 2003, 20:16
Nope, not that I'm aware of. You would have to enroll on the approved course with Bristol to benefit from their total gameplan. I dunno if Alex would accept cash for questions if you're at another school..... he browses this forum so maybe he can tell you. Could be a good earner for him I reckon.

VFE.

duir
11th Aug 2003, 20:20
Actually I am half way through Module 1 with Bristol. I was finding it a difficult mainly due to the hours I work but now have changed job in favour of more regular hours so as to concentrate on studies. However I could use all the help that I can get!!!:=