PDA

View Full Version : Snowflake at EMA?

bmibaby.com
9th Aug 2003, 21:18
Heard a very interesting rumour about closer co-operation with the Star Alliance low cost airlines and found out that Snowflake are currently considering two daily flights to Copenhagen and Stockholm from January 2004.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, if bmibaby are still considering daily flights to Madrid, Lisbon and Seville from EMA?

EMACargo
11th Aug 2003, 15:24
where did you hear this??????????

bmibaby.com
12th Aug 2003, 00:33
It was just a rumor I heard from a co-worker.

As you may or not be aware bmibaby was going to do once daily flights to Copenhagen last winter but decided not to and launched Munich instead.

Apparently snowflake is looking at introducing regular (no idea of definate frequencies) flights from their CPH and ARN bases to EMA using 737-700 or 737-800s that snowflake will be recieving to expand their fleet.

EMACargo
12th Aug 2003, 01:01
when are they going to be expanding their fleet??? is it soon and also i will keep my ear out.

i remember the CPH flight from EMA and always wondered about that.

Regards

Also i forgot to post but Easyjet are looking in to operating flights to MAD and a few other destinations. expanding by about 4 routes etc i think.

Also expect to see the new A319's at EMA every now and again operating the GVA routes. They will only be operated on flights to LGW, LTN and EMA in the UK initially until more are delivered next March time.

More to follow when i hear

bmibaby.com
12th Aug 2003, 04:02
I believe that snowflake were looking to expand their fleet from four to eight Boeing 737-800s in time for the next summer season as well as possibly adding some excess Boeing 737-700 capacity from SAS as well.

Last winter SAS said they wanted to shed 40 aircraft from the entire operation so there is going to be quite a bit of excess capacity apparently going to be shifted over to Snowflake apparently to better compete with Sterling and Ryanair.