PDA

View Full Version : Birds on EK 337, DACX to DXB, 7 Aug

chippy63
8th Aug 2003, 20:53
Was on the flight from Dhaka to Dubai yesterday evening, all on board, fullish flight, taxi out pretty much on time, when apparently the cc discovered a passenger has brought a bag of live birds on board. Much remonstration, upshot was that we had to go back to the ramp to deplane the birds and I believe their owner.
Just wondered if anyone else has come across this kind of thing. The cc were very professional, just wondered how the passenger got through security?
:confused:

interestedparty
8th Aug 2003, 23:38
If I want to take a bird on a plane with me I buy her a seat and get her a gin & tonic. Sure they weren't dogs? LOL

newswatcher
8th Aug 2003, 23:54
On a Gulf Air flight from Cairo to Dubai, about 1986, we were joined in Doha by a "plank" of wood, on which were a number of hooded birds of prey. This was placed across the rear row in business class. When we arrived in Dubai, a stretch Mercedes drew up and, before anyone else got off, the "plank" was taken off and into the Merc, where it sped away!!

Jordan D
9th Aug 2003, 00:01
Seems things were different back in 1986!

EK crew seem to be good at dealing with all sorts of problems .. I remember when I first flew with them back in 1990, and half of all the economy food heaters were out (goodness knows why) on a DXB-BOM flight, and they had to warm everything up front ... they were very polite about the thing, and very good ... I've gone off track and I'll shut up!

Jordan