PDA

View Full Version : Can you buy an old full motion simulator?

Colonel Blink
8th Aug 2003, 07:04
As above - is it possible to acquire one (no I am NOT from the Taleban!) I know there is one in Yorkshire that is used for leisure purposes (e.g. hired out). I live in an area where adventure tourism abounds and think it would be good for business if our aero club had one on site and it could be accessed.

So, do they sell them on (? adverts in Flight International), are they scrapped, how much would they cost, what issues would need to be addressed (space, stability of the floor, power/ventilation, etc)

Cheers

411A
8th Aug 2003, 10:27
One was for sale on Ebay sometime back, a B707 4 axis, I believe, opening bid $25,000.

Thought about acquiring same as I spent a lotta years on the 'ole 707, but then...where do you put it?
Too big for most garages', have to build a whole new building..then the property taxes go up.
Still, would be worthwhile, so that Airboos pilots would know how flying used to be done...:E
Wonder if they could keep the blue side up...especially with the yaw damper off, as it had to be for takeoff/landing on many older models.:uhoh: