PDA

View Full Version : hour building vancouver

don1
7th Aug 2003, 07:49
Hello all, i may be visiting Vancouver for a a few months in the near future and would appreciate any information on the best single and twin engine aircraft rental prices in the area,,,,,,,,, cheers.

yycpilot
13th Aug 2003, 10:39
Don 1 I am a European living here in Calgary.
If you require details of rentals in the Vancouver
area please feel free to e mail me at [email protected]

Finals19
4th Sep 2003, 13:35
Try Boundary Bay (CZBB) 18 miles south of down town. There area few schools. For single engine, www.pacificflying.com rent 172 @ abt $115 inc taxes and likewise for PA28.

For twins, Professional IFR in the main terminal have a really great looking Beech Duchess for rental with all the bells and whistles (AP, Flight Director, Stormscope, traffic alert, GPS, Rnav) for $212 / hr but they do insist on charging .4 hr for run ups.

Good luck!

Finals.:ok:

Dupre
6th Sep 2003, 04:38
When I was there in '01 I went with McLeod school of Aviation - $98/hr for a 172 as I recall - probably gone up since then though! Great bunch of guys (Tim, Al and Doug as it was then) - and the only lot who'll give you headsets for free (though pretty crappy headsets!)

But don't forget to check out Pitt Meadows and Langley aerodromes - I didn't (no car) but they're probably worth a look.

Good luck anyway, it's a fantastic place to fly!

Dupre.

BChot-shot
6th Sep 2003, 09:23
This spring, PRO IFR bought out McLeod and took over operations. Al or Doug (the older of the two) passed away during the winter, which is why McLeod decided to sell.

Pro is an excellent school with a great atmosphere. I highly recommend it, for both Single and Multi engine training/rental.
http://www.proifr.com to check them out.

Snot Box
7th Sep 2003, 12:11
I am renting from a private individual right now and it's a great price. $75/hour + tax for a Cherokee PA28. The two airplanes are in very good shape and availability is good as well. It is based out of Boundary Bay (CZBB). If you like to know more, please PM me and I'll provide you with more details.