PDA

View Full Version : Jet 2 from PIK

PIK1967
7th Aug 2003, 03:52
Anyone heard anything on Jet 2 doing a PIK-AMS twice daily?

Apparently this was seen on a Amsterdam spotters site.

I also heard a rumour a couple of weeks back that Jet 2 were thinking of using PIK.

14 loop
7th Aug 2003, 06:14
The Dutch spotters site does indeed say that Jet2 are to operate PIK-AMS starting this winter but this might not be all that it seems.

The flights ex PIK (1 morning and 1 evening rotation) are reported by the site as operating with LS flight prefixes. Of course this is the code for Channex and Jet2.

Fly Globespan.com (operating on the Channex AOC) appear to use the EXS prefix for their flights out of the Scottish airports. There is speculation that the PIK-AMS services will be a FlyGlobespan.com operation and some 'wide assumptions' have been made about flight prefixes.

There seems some logic to this explantaion as the AMS operation would fit nicely with a late morning run to one of their Spanish destinations to keep the aircraft/crew utilisation up over the leaner winter period.

However only time will tell!:confused:

jetstream7
7th Aug 2003, 06:36
14loop

I think I read elsewhere that flyglobespan.com want out of PIK to op from GLA instead (something to do with flights to the USA I think?)

If this does happen, then AMS flights would seem more likely to be a Jet2 operation especially as they already go there from LBA

PIK1967
7th Aug 2003, 07:09
Your right Jetstream 7,at the end of the summer season,Globespan are moving there entire operation to Glasgow.

I guess we`ll just need to wait for an announcement!!!:) :)

Voldermort
7th Aug 2003, 07:42
Well if it is true it`s great news for PIK and if the schedule is correct it would suggest a PIK based a/c which by my reckoning has about 5 hours off between AMS flights so any guesses as to another destination????:ok: