PDA

View Full Version : Which are the best airline shirts? (Merged)

Wee Weasley Welshman
6th Aug 2003, 01:00
Its time to re-stock my work shirt wardrobe.

I've had the BA stores shirts and some from Transair. I've heard that Lufthansa shirts are supposed to be really good.

So, with all the worlds professional pilots here present, this is an ideal time to canvas opinions.

Is there somewhere out there the Worlds Best airline pilot shirt? Ideally airy yet sturdy, comfortable but smart, well cut but easy to iron, holds a crease but doesn't rumple... etc.

Cheers

viking737
6th Aug 2003, 01:09
http://www.theboxcar.org/landerwood/

I have used these for years, very happy with them.

expedite_climb
6th Aug 2003, 01:26
Company supplies us with LH shirts, to start with I thought were a little thin and lightweight, but now i reckon they are pretty good.

Wee Weasley Welshman
6th Aug 2003, 03:04
You see this is why PPRuNe is so amazingly wonderful.

It took 9 minutes to discover what sounds like a promising avenue of interest that would otherwise would have remained obscure. Thank you Viking737.

The Lufthansa recommendation is one repeated here - why?

Cheers

Basil
6th Aug 2003, 15:21
Cathay used to have theirs made to measure by W.W. Chan (as were their uniform suits & coats)

StressFree
6th Aug 2003, 15:33
I've been issued loads of different shirts over the years but have now found the best ever...............
They are made by a firm called Mandate and are available through Transair (not sure if these are the ones you've already tried). They are the only shirts that really fit me; I'm 6'2" and need a bit of space inside :p

I am who I am
6th Aug 2003, 17:15
I get mine from Airplan Flight Equipment (AFE). Call 0161 499 0023. Excellent shirts and good prices too. Lots of pilots in my company (easyJet) use them.

Soddit
6th Aug 2003, 17:46
The LH type of pilot shirts are favoured because:
a)The shirt tail is longer than usual which means you are not forever trying to tuck them back in after stretching your arms
b)The overall quality is excellent : strong seams and pockets
c)Comfortable material.

The trade name is OLYMP and the manufacturer:

Bezner GmbH & Co
Postfach 1555
D-74305 Bietigheim-Bissingen
Germany
Tel +49.71.42592.0 Fax 42592.19

I do not know about a UK agent : in Germany they can be ordered through any reputable clothes shop. The price is about GBP35.

Kerosene Kraut
6th Aug 2003, 19:13
Please check their (german) order site:
http://www.olympstore.de/catalog/catalog/catalog/product_info/shop/default/cPath/24/Pilot-Hemden/Pilot-Hemden.html

millerscourt
6th Aug 2003, 22:25
WWW I have mine made by Nath Tailors (not Naff!!!) Tanglin Mall .Singapore. The most comfortable and made to measure to boot.

stargazer02
6th Aug 2003, 22:46
I suggest that you contact WARR - World Airline Road Race office
they meet each year and have 5/10km races....that night there is a big party and T-shirt swop where all the various airline employees trade T-shirts.
I can't remember the address from my UAL days but i think it is in Georgia USA or your WARR office in BA or your own airline should know. The next WARR is on in Oct
regards

DOH!!! just realised you meant work shirts!!!!!
ah well for play t-shirts you can contact the above if you are interested

Deaf
7th Aug 2003, 21:26
Try

http://www.nibh.com

in Thailand, you will have to specify exactly what you want with pockets epaulettes etc and it may help to get cloth samples. Generally takes about 10 days for delivery.

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Aug 2003, 03:17
All very interesting. Seems nobody has voted for the standard BA shirts yet.

Somehow an American firm called me this afternoon extolling the virtue of their products... how'd they get my number?!

Cheers

newbiexxx
10th Aug 2003, 01:57
Hello Pilots,

i must buy some pilot shirts, but i dont no where...
can anyone recomment me any online shop?

I heard it this morning on the radio from olympstore.com...
knows somebody this and can tell me about this shop or on the basis of his experience

thanks for recomments

charles

Rollingthunder
10th Aug 2003, 02:08
If you must buy pilots shirts don't go on-line. Just pop down to your local charity shop and look for any shirt that is lime green in colour. If it has checks all over it, that is even better, Make sure you get some bright yellow ties as well. If you can find purple pants to go with them, so much the better. That is the standard pilots uniform minus the beanie with the propellor on top. :mad:

Over to the Mods.

jettesen
10th Aug 2003, 02:22
Bit over the top remark rollingthunder!! the poor guy was just asking an honest question which is what this forum site is all about, you have to go and give a stupid remark. Please have some decency. Its people like you that spoil this site!

Rollingthunder
10th Aug 2003, 02:25
Really? Just ask yourself why he might be asking that question? He certainly didn't offer that information. :mad:

G-ALAN
10th Aug 2003, 02:28
newbiexxx check my reply on jetblast :ok: You won't get any sense out of these pros :p:uhoh:

spekesoftly
10th Aug 2003, 02:31
Or have a look here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98301&highlight=shirts).

Rollingthunder
10th Aug 2003, 02:48
newbiexxx

I see you've sent me a PM. Unfortunately, for some reason, I can't open it - not actually in my inbox.

Perhaps you'd like to reproduce it here?

Ah, has now been received...

"..**** you and your mother too..."

Neo
10th Aug 2003, 03:25
Newbie -

www.transair.co.uk

newbiexxx
11th Aug 2003, 17:23
thanks for all posts...

i have now order at olympstore.com - theres Lufthansa shirts and they shipped with 7,00 EUR to UK

if anybody like my practical experience, i can post this here

Regis Potter
12th Aug 2003, 08:05
Anyone know the name of the supplier at LGW who took over the BA third party sales operation? I believe they supply MYT & others.

A website or phone no. would be useful.

stormcloud
14th Aug 2003, 02:56
Maybe I'm missing the point but surely there is only one answer:

The one with the good looking woman in it!

's obvious init?;)