PDA

View Full Version : G-boem

stiknruda
5th Aug 2003, 23:12
I'd like to contact the current owner of this aircraft or at least determine its whereabouts!

G-info shows it belongs to a lady in Barnet and was kept at Spanhoe but rumour has it that it has been sold and is no longer at Spanhoe.

I've written to the lady in Barnet but have had no reply.

Looking for my next project!!

Can anyone help?

Stik

Keef
6th Aug 2003, 00:24
The C of A expired in 2001 - significant?

I checked the lady in the 2003 UK Info Disk, and she still lives there, but there's no telephone number or fax number listed.

Want me to find a neighbour with a telephone no?

greatorex
6th Aug 2003, 00:26
Stik,

Check your PM's

G

stiknruda
6th Aug 2003, 01:45
Thanks chaps - G has supplied the info I require at this stage.

CofA expiry might make it a viable project!

Stik

Foggles
6th Aug 2003, 02:12
Hi Stik

I live near barnet - give me a tug if I can help !
Foggles

stiknruda
6th Aug 2003, 18:33
Thanks everyone.

Made contact with the owner this morning who said that he intends to have it working for next spring.

My search for a repairable S2A continues and I will start looking in Europe!

Stik

Ludwig
6th Aug 2003, 22:34
Have you thought about a kit built S2E?

AerBabe
7th Aug 2003, 03:37
Good luck Stik! I take it your hangar is feeling a bit empty then?

stiknruda
7th Aug 2003, 03:47
Ludwig - the S2E, do you have one in mind or are you being more generic? I know of 2 here and one I wouldn't touch - the other may come on the market soon, you'll probably see it in he very near future :)

The E on a permit would be fine but the A on a Cof A, although slightly more expensive has greater general appeal.

I just want to get back into my workshop with a purpose!

Aerbabe still 3 in there but 2 v shortly. By the time I finish my next project I guess I'll have room for it in the hangar.

Stik

Aerobatic Flyer
7th Aug 2003, 04:19
Is anyone repairing G SPIN? I heard it was very repairable, but might have been misinformed.

stiknruda
7th Aug 2003, 16:51
Understand that the owner is repairing SPIN - poss with thye help of a chap "Andy C" in Biggleswade.

Stik

camaro
8th Aug 2003, 04:44
Stik

Does it have to be a two seater? Know an immaculate S2S that's for sale if you're interested.

stiknruda
8th Aug 2003, 16:49
Camaro,

It has to be a two seater, I already have an immaculate single seater (KKZ) and assuming that you are refering to G-EWIZ, I think Steve's aeroplane is super but the extra 80hp that it has over mine does not compensate for the lack of a front seat. It also does not meet my requirements for a project, either - it is too beautiful!

Stik

camaro
9th Aug 2003, 04:06
Stik

Yeah, it is G-EWIZ.....wish I could afford it myself.