PDA

View Full Version : Who's operating the S76 in Canada?

Floats Armed
5th Aug 2003, 10:38
Who and where are all the S76s in Canada, apart from Helijet in Vancouver? Are they a popular type in Canada? We've got a few over here in Oz and I was just wondering if they are popular on your side of the pacific and what they are being used for. Most of ours are strictly offshore and a few on SAR contract work for the airforce.

bcflyer
5th Aug 2003, 12:49
I'm a fixed wing kinda guy but I think Canadian Helicopters has some 76's. When I was in Ontario they had a couple in Thunder Bay and in Toronto as dedicated medivac machines. A friend of mine worked for them (haven't talked to him in quite a while) He flew the 76 in Thunder Bay and last I heard was overseas somewhere doing some oil rig flying. I'm pretty sure it was still with Canadian Helicopters and still on a 76. Like I said, I'm not up to speed on the fling wing scene, so this info could be really outdated.

604guy
5th Aug 2003, 22:19
As with BC I am not really up to speed on the "out of control palm tree thing" but I believe there are one or two 76's based in CYHZ. I think one is on a Medevac contract and the other for offshore. I could be right out to lunch though.

PaperTiger
6th Aug 2003, 02:56
Total of 27 registered from a search at:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/activepages/ccarcs/en/current_e.asp#advanced

604guy
6th Aug 2003, 03:46
I wonder of that number how many are physically in Canada? I know of a couple of companies that have machines on contract in the South China Sea etc.

wde
14th Aug 2003, 05:53
Canadian Helicopters Limited has 7 bases with a total of 12 S76A models operating with the MOH/EMS contract in Ontario and 1 S76A operating in Halifax with EMS.

Cougar/VIH operates S76A models in Nova Scotia servicing the oil/gas patch.

Weyerhauser Canada has 1 S76C model in Vancouver

Helijet Airways has several S76A models operating in BC on Sched runs and 2 A/C on EMS contracts.

AIC Canada, an investment group, operates a C model out of Hamilton ON.

And of course, CHC Corp has S76's on the registry that are working in Malbo, Africa; the Phillipines, Thailand, Burma.

PM if you want more info.