PDA

View Full Version : Multi Engine Hour Building USA

flybypilot
3rd Aug 2003, 20:21
I am currently working in the UK as a flying Instructor and am looking at going to america to do multi hour building.
I only have about 20 hours multi at the moment and all the places i have looked at so far want 1000hours and at least 50multi before you can rent a multi solo without a safety pilot. What I really want to do is go with a friend and kinda tour america for fun as well as for the experience so not have some random person tagging along for insurance reasons!!!!

Does anyone know a school where i can rent a multi aircraft in the states for approx 50hours multi hour building?????
:confused:

FougaMagister
4th Aug 2003, 21:29
Try Ari Ben Aviator (aribenaviator.com); they are based at Fort Pierce (Saint Lucie county airport), a class D, tower-controlled airfield with two runways (09/27, 14/32) and ILS, on the Atlantic coast halfway between Orlando and Miami (albeit easier to reach from MCO).

They propose 50 hours and 100 hours blocks; the 100-hr. block on a Beech Duchess (of which they have 8) is priced at $5,495 plus tax (wet). Planes are IFR-equipped. They also provide accommodation, and reckon you need 3 weeks for the 100-hr., so 2 weeks for 50 hrs. looks about right.

Happy landings.

Julian
4th Aug 2003, 22:02
Rainbow Air (California) will let you hire solo after 25hrs dual with on eof their instructors or if you have 50hts total twin time in your logbook. I think they are about $160/Hr with discount for block booking (Seneca II)

Aircart
5th Aug 2003, 01:33
Ari-Ben Aviator won't let you do the hour building in the BE-76 unless
you have 70hrs pic in a twin. (and for me, an IR!)

Also it is shared time. (you would be safety pilot for 50%, no good for the uk)

There are places out there though, just can't name any off the top of me head.

Cheers

AC

African Drunk
5th Aug 2003, 07:28
Possibly air desert pacific in california they used to be quite relaxed but thats a few years back.

FlyingForFun
5th Aug 2003, 20:24
The last time I asked, Chandler Air Service (http://www.aerobatics.com) would let you hire their Aztec if you had at least 500 hours total time.

FFF
-----------

Flying surfer
7th Aug 2003, 04:27
FBP,

Are you planning on going by yourself?? and if so when as I might be up ofr some kind of a trip, been to Air Desert Pacific and various other places around the states.

Drop me a line if you are interested in having a chat

weasil
8th Aug 2003, 17:58
I can arrange time building in Chicago for you. You are looking at $120/hr for solo or $62/hr for shared time. If safety pilot is no good for you then you can request to only split time with a Multi Instructor so that all time is logged as dual received as well as pilot in command time in the USA.

send me a private message.