PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: cheap share based white waltham

stick&rudder
3rd Aug 2003, 02:23
Hey all!
I'm looking for a share based white waltham, preferably a taildragger, probably a permit a/c, i would like a 2 seater, not sure if a single seater is possible, as i'm a low hour ppl. about to do a taildragger conversion. The key here, though, is it must be cheap! and i want something more interesting than a pa28! (not that i've got anything against them...)!

cheers, sr

Boing_737
3rd Aug 2003, 05:48
Yeah, me too. I'd need to get started on that tail dragger conversion on the Cub first though I guess.

18greens
4th Aug 2003, 01:14
I've got a very cheap share at WW, you may need a few cub hours to fly it but it will be worth it in the long run at £10/hour.

PM me for more info.

stick&rudder
4th Aug 2003, 16:17
cheers 18greens! i've pmed you

G - HIGH
4th Aug 2003, 19:22
Me too! If your looking for one more person for this share, i might be interested. Perhaps mail me some details etc... :ok:

Dan Dare
7th Aug 2003, 18:04
Cheep share doesn't always = cheep flying. Most costs will be similar whichever share you go for. There will always be hangarage, insurance and beaurocracy to pay for at roughly the same rate regardless which share you buy.

The way you can make a difference is to see how you pay (eg low annual useage - you may want to pay a higher hourly rate in return for lower monthly fees and visa versa). Fuel useage can make a big difference for example some VW powered aircraft burn 5-6 litres an hour, others can be up to 18 litres an hour. That makes almost a 3-fold difference in direct operating costs for an aircraft whcih may have looked cheep at the outset. It is also worth checking how much funding the group have in their kitty for when times get hard (I have never known anybody to ask though) and who does their maintenance.

Good luck with your search!

pilotwolf
9th Aug 2003, 06:05
If you don't need a functioning rudder I might have a contact!

:E