PDA

View Full Version : Easy to expand BFS

owc
2nd Aug 2003, 06:37
BBC news and teletext both report that easy is to recruit 24 extra cabin crew and this could lead to some new routes next year, heres hoping.

eastern wiseguy
2nd Aug 2003, 06:43
From BBC Northern Ireland

Low-cost airline's jobs boost

The low-cost airline Easyjet is to recruit another 24 cabin crew in Northern Ireland.
The expansion will bring its staff in the province to about 100.

The company said it was part of a continuing expansion programme which should eventually lead to more routes out of Belfast.

At the moment, the airline flies direct only to Amsterdam and airports across Britain.

(And with Ryanair as well ......When did you say they were arriving OWC??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

Buster the Bear
2nd Aug 2003, 06:50
Make up for the lack of cabin crew elsewhere. easyJet cannot recruit enough, nor retain cabin crew locally.

Bear's get paid more here for posing!

Simon Lumley
11th Aug 2003, 17:28
I'm pretty sure easyjet will launch twice-daily East Midlands-Belfast services next year due to the success of the bmibaby route.

I think thst the aircraft is likely to be EMA based so that they can launch other new routes too.

Landing_24R
11th Aug 2003, 21:23
It's just been announced that STN-BFS will be back up to 5x each weekday as of September 1st. Source: easyjet.com

richardnei
11th Aug 2003, 23:23
Anybody know the service was cut at the most popular time.

I always found the first flight out from BFS to be always full and the same with the late return flight.

Any ideas:confused:

eastern wiseguy
11th Aug 2003, 23:38
The cut was always supposed to be temporary...a lack of aircraft and new routes combined to reduce the service.It now appears to be coming back...with half decent return times ex London...unlike our pals in the docks .Now lets have MORE european services:)