PDA

View Full Version : easyJet's A319's ... ???

John Smith
30th Jul 2003, 19:42
Just heard a rumour that easy can't manage to crew their 319's, and that they will be parking them up on delivery till they can.

Any substance in this from those 'in the know'??

If this is correct maybe they could actually sort this easily by giving their recruiting dept a kick up the a@*e!!!
I know of loads of Airbus rated pilot's that have applied but heard nothing.

Even if they positioned the new guys (understand GVA was first Bus base)about till they managed to find the time to re-train their established pilots, it could solve things.

JS

carlos vandango
30th Jul 2003, 20:04
much as I'm no fan of the orange squad, I reckon this one is pure bilge. The GVA based crews are in TLS at the moment (i think). No buses for the UK until next march..giving plenty of time to recruit.

wobblyprop
30th Jul 2003, 20:11
wonder if they will be making people pay for their airbus rating? didn't they get the training included in the deal?

In trim
31st Jul 2003, 01:24
Crewing is obviously tight, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to panic at this stage!!!

As mentioned above, the GVA based crews are currently doing the A319 course. UK crews are flying out of GVA at the moment to support this, and you will see a bit of (planned) sub-charter capacity used out of GVA as well in order to take the pressure off.

As far as the UK-registered aircraft are concerned, they start arriving in March into LGW. Presentations underway to the LGW crews in recent days to start briefing them on the plans and timescales.