PDA

View Full Version : Instant Licence Issue

Rupert S
30th Jul 2003, 15:03
A somewhat trivial topic - when I turn 17 I'd like to get my PPL on the day of my birthday. Assuming I've passed all the written and otherwise, how would I go about doing this? I've heared vague stories about how to do it but never anything clear cut.
Thanks in Advance.

BlueRobin
30th Jul 2003, 19:18
Ey Rupe? Do you mean getting the orange wallet (*licence) on your 17th birthday?

BR
(flyer forum-ite under a different name )

strafer
30th Jul 2003, 20:09
No chance mate - have a look at the 'My Blood is Boiling' thread!

Seriously, I presume you mean the physical license, so, why not write to the CAA and suggest they give you the license the same day you pass your skills test as a publicity stunt for their inhouse magazine/any GA mags that can be arsed? God knows they need good publicity.

(I'm presuming that you're 15 or under BTW, as it will probably take them a couple of years to reply to your letter ;) )

Rupert S
30th Jul 2003, 23:47
Yes, I am talking about the brown wallet, BB. I've heard from a few people that they vaguely recall that you can go down to Aviation House, cry and stamp your feet and they give you your licence there and then.

Holdposition
31st Jul 2003, 03:43
Rupert, I did indeed get my ppl issued on the same day ( about an hour turnround), this was about 4 years ago and I beleive things have tightened up a bit since then, however, you are on the right lines with sob story etc, it also helps if you don't take "no, can't be done, or no-chance" as an answer, but don't say I said, cheers

Rupert S
31st Jul 2003, 04:45
Yes - I realise that there are always strings to be pulled and loop holes to discover - it's just finding your way through them. I'll make a few calls tomorrow and see where I get.

DaventryCTA
2nd Aug 2003, 03:15
A slight "maybe" if your birthday happens to fall in the less busy winter months. Other than that, I'd say very hardly unlikely !

rustle
2nd Aug 2003, 03:18
Other than that, I'd say very hardly unlikely :confused: :confused:

Say again?! :hmm:

Whirlybird
2nd Aug 2003, 03:47
Rupert,
If I remember rightly you've got about a year, so write, phone, and generally drive them nuts...and you never know. Good luck!!!